• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

18 year moving out /? on childsupport

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mistoffolees

And your spouting off what you heard some clerk tell some stranger on what happens in OH doesn't help OP at all, either. So you can zip it, too. :rolleyes:

As others have indicated, there is a chance that OP's child will be emancipated due to living outside the care or control of her parents. It is, in fact, very possible.
Yes, it's possible.

But OHRoadWarrior's suggestion that the kid would get kicked out of school because of it is just bizarre.

Now, it's possible that the kid would have to change schools if they're living in a different district, but that's a different matter, entirely.

OHRoadwarrior

And your spouting off what you heard some clerk tell some stranger on what happens in OH doesn't help OP at all, either. So you can zip it, too. :rolleyes:

As others have indicated, there is a chance that OP's child will be emancipated due to living outside the care or control of her parents. It is, in fact, very possible.
No rocket scientist. I went through it first hand, enabling my cousin to finish high school, when his mother and father decided they wanted nothing to do with him. I simply did not want to waste my time going back through the Ohio Revised Code to get the applicable statutes, when they won't directly help OP. The only legal way we could force a high school to take him was because he had an IEP. It is an exception to the self supporting student doctrine, because it unfairly prejudices a learning disabled student, to require them to be self supporting.

Last edited:

BL

No rocket scientist. I went through it first hand, enabling my cousin to finish high school, when his mother and father decided they wanted nothing to do with him. I simply did not want to waste my time going back through the Ohio Revised Code to get the applicable statutes, when they won't directly help OP.
What is the name of your State ( US Law Only )

NEW YORK STATE !!!!!!!

BL

As I have been saying DUH!!!

If NY is like OH, your daughter may be kicked out of school. In OH

I went through it first hand, enabling my cousin to finish high school

The only legal way we could force a high school to take him was because he had an IEP. It is an exception to the self supporting student doctrine, because it unfairly prejudices a learning disabled student, to require them to be self supporting.
Which is it ?

You know NY Law first hand or you Iffy do not ?

OHRoadwarrior

Which is it ?

You know NY Law first hand or you Iffy do not ?
Read the posts and get a life. I try to help OP and someone wants me to waste time supporting law in a state that will not help OP. Someone else attacks me when I don't want to waste my time. Then you want to jump in and crank because I answered them. If all of you would keep your mouths shut, OP might gain some insight as to their problem.

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Read the posts and get a life. I try to help OP and someone wants me to waste time supporting law in a state that will not help OP. Someone else attacks me when I don't want to waste my time. Then you want to jump in and crank because I answered them. If all of you would keep your mouths shut, OP might gain some insight as to their problem.
You don't seem to understand. You were NOT helping OP at all starting from the second you mentioned OH. What happens in OH makes absolutely no difference to someone in NY. None. Zip. Zero. Nada. So you were wasting your time from the get-go on this thread.

The rest of us who DO have some clue to how NY operates, HAVE been trying to help OP. So why don't you just zip the lip and let us get back to doing so. YOU are the one being unhelpful and disruptive.

OHRoadwarrior

It is helpful to point out potential roadblocks. This gives one direction when seeking resolution. If you were not so confident in your own self importance, you would stop trying to be the Forum Police. Or did you get elected?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It is helpful to point out potential roadblocks. This gives one direction when seeking resolution.
Not when the information provided is completely irrelevant to the state in question.

If you were not so confident in your own self importance, you would stop trying to be the Forum Police. Or did you get elected?
And if you weren't suffering from Small Man Syndrome, you might figure out when it's wise to zip up. May I lend you a magnifying glass? ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">