• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

18 year moving out /? on childsupport

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Banned_Princess

No one should be receiving child support. She is a legal adult (18) and you are responsible for nothing, unless you choose to be. It's your choice whether or not to support her financially.
your second post and you are already on my nerves.

In NY child support can be ordered to age 21. ALSO in NY a child CAN BE considered, by a court of family law or by nobody at all, emancipated at 17.

If kid moves at 18, as an adult she can do that, then a modification to actual court order for support should be made.

OHRoadwarrior

Yet, OH law still does NOT help this NY poster. And an OH lawyer has told you that you are wrong in your interpretation of OH law. Seriously - time to stand down and admit you're wrong.
Having handled it first hand, I am not wrong. I have also linked the info on NY for OP. I suggest you take your law degree and read the law you are referring to.

mistoffolees

Having handled it first hand, I am not wrong. I have also linked the info on NY for OP. I suggest you take your law degree and read the law you are referring to.
I'm still waiting for you to back up your claim that schools automatically throw kids out if they're emancipated in OH or NY.

OHRoadwarrior

Show me where I said schools automatically throw out kids in OH or NY. I am eagerly waiting. In fact, in OH, the superintendent can elect to not pursue action against a student currently enrolled. They regularly do in certain circumstances.

Last edited:

OHRoadwarrior

You apparently deleted the post. However, fortunately, PQN quoted you so it's in post #12 in this thread.

So I guess you're not only wrong, but you're dishonest, as well.
If you would learn how to read, you would discover 2 things. First I did not delete the thread. Second I said they might. If you research the issue, you will discover any change of residence is supposed to result in notification to the school as to change of circumstance. Depending on the circumstances and its compliance to state law, the school district may chose to remove the student to comply with the law. The district superintendent can exercise some leeway depending on specific circumstances. So I am not dishonest. You need to brush up on your reading comprehension (not that I haven't been guilty of that problem also from time to time).

Last edited:

cyjeff

If you would learn how to read, you would discover 2 things. First I did not delete the thread. Second I said they might. If you research the issue, you will discover any change of residence is supposed to result in notification to the school as to change of circumstance. Depending on the circumstances and its compliance to state law, the school district may chose to remove the student to comply with the law. The district superintendent can exercise some leeway depending on specific circumstances. So I am not dishonest. You need to brush up on your reading comprehension (not that I haven't been guilty of that problem also from time to time).
You do, of course, realize that our resident Ohio attorney signed in to say you were wrong. In Ohio.

Maybe your info is out of date. maybe you misheard. I don't care.

Just stop.

Proserpina

I strongly suggest you reread your own post.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
He didn't delete that post - I reported it as irrelevant to OP, and the mod apparently agreed.

Again - with bells: What happens in OH is completely and totally irrelevant to what happens in NY. Period. End of story.

mistoffolees

He didn't delete that post - I reported it as irrelevant to OP, and the mod apparently agreed.

Again - with bells: What happens in OH is completely and totally irrelevant to what happens in NY. Period. End of story.
Not to mention that he was wrong even wrt Ohio.

OHRoadwarrior

I hear all kinds of claims, but no one backs them up with facts. Go figure. I don't give much credit to lawyers in OH. I have beaten several in court.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I hear all kinds of claims, but no one backs them up with facts. Go figure. I don't give much credit to lawyers in OH. I have beaten several in court.
NO ONE IN THIS THREAD CARES! OP is NOT in OH! So please, just stop. Or I'll continue reporting your posts as irrelevant, and ask the mod to delete that portion of the discussion. You are NOT helping the OP at all. You're hijacking this thread. STOP. PLEASE.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">