• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

18 year moving out /? on childsupport

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OHRoadwarrior

I'm not the one who had a post deleted, am I? :eek:
Sometimes people on here amaze me at how they fail to grasp how people approach situations from different perspectives. I would ask how this relevant, but again, it is not relative to the original direction this thread is supposed to be going.

mistoffolees

Sometimes people on here amaze me at how they fail to grasp how people approach situations from different perspectives. I would ask how this relevant, but again, it is not relative to the original direction this thread is supposed to be going.
That's right. So please stop posting stuff from different directions that is completely irrelevant.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Goober - your post was deleted because it was irrelevant to OP's situation.

OHRoadwarrior

There you go continuing to rant. BTW it is relevant. NY law sets similar requirements. It requires affidavits and sets out criteria demonstrating a means of support to claim residency. Here are the supporting documents linked.
http://www.nysnavigator.org/legal/documents/backtochoolupdated.pdf

My post being deleted, simply means someone with the power to delete posts, decided to exert that ability. It does not mean I was not correct in presenting a similar representation. One of the perks of being a senior here I gather.

Silverplum

There you go continuing to rant. BTW it is relevant. NY law sets similar requirements. It requires affidavits and sets out criteria demonstrating a means of support to claim residency. Here are the supporting documents linked.
There you go!

OHRoadwarrior said:
My post being deleted, simply means someone with the power to delete posts, decided to exert that ability. It does not mean I was not correct in presenting a similar representation. One of the perks of being a senior here I gather.
Not at all. That's not at all how it works.

A post is reported by anyone (senior or not), and the admin reviews and decides whether to delete it, edit it, or restore it.

We report moronific posts with incorrect legal crapola in them -- usually by newbies -- and admin decides they're just fine. :rolleyes:

And your post WAS wrong. Period, end of story. If it's not state-specific, it's extraneous crud that just confuses the poster.

Move on.

mistoffolees

I think I'd go further.

Lots of irrelevant stuff is posted and is allowed to remain. All the stuff about becoming Secretary of Defense and Ambassador to Italy, for example. All of that is clearly in jest and does no one any harm.

OHRoadWarrior's posts, OTOH, are potentially harmful. They are giving people the wrong impression and may lead them to make mistakes and try something that is incorrect due to the differences in state laws.

Now, all of us make mistakes on occasion, but that's different from posting something that is CLEARLY wrong and useless and likely to cause someone to err.

CSO286

I think I'd go further.

Lots of irrelevant stuff is posted and is allowed to remain. All the stuff about becoming Secretary of Defense and Ambassador to Italy, for example. All of that is clearly in jest and does no one any harm.

OHRoadWarrior's posts, OTOH, are potentially harmful. They are giving people the wrong impression and may lead them to make mistakes and try something that is incorrect due to the differences in state laws.

Now, all of us make mistakes on occasion, but that's different from posting something that is CLEARLY wrong and useless and likely to cause someone to err.
And on some of those occasions, the incorrect info is allowed to remain, because the next post or two corrects the misinformation and the poster who provided it (the wrong info) owned up to it. You know, someone thinks they know the answer, gets corrected, and it's easy--oops, my bad! instead of continuing to argue and hijack.

It's happened to me.....

sorry, OP......

/hijack

Silverplum

I think I'd go further.

Ambassadress.

Ambassadress to Italy. That one is mine, and I'm female, and I insist upon being called "Ambassadress."

;)

BL

Accually school was not a question from the poster but was incorperated in this thread .

But since it was brought up.

http://www.nysteachs.org/faqs/unaccompanied.html[/U]]NYS-TEACHS › FAQs: Unaccompanied Youth

Also, unpon reading of the poster's link,

as I stated she could possibly be eligable for State assistance and the school would recognize that .

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I think I'd go further.

You forgot head of the CIA and Homeland Security. :D

The rest you were on target with.

And PathWarrior? That is NOT how NY operates.

PQN

I didn't highjack the thread. A bunch of people started off the thread attacking me. Try looking in the mirror before casting stones.
No one attacked you. You claimed something that sounded highly improbable and were asked to back up your statement with the relevant law. While OP is in NY and you decided to talk about Ohio, there may be readers from Ohio that come across this thread and need accurate information. Posts should be directly applicable to the OP's state and posts should be legally accurate. Yours was neither.

OHRoadwarrior

No one attacked you. You claimed something that sounded highly improbable and were asked to back up your statement with the relevant law. While OP is in NY and you decided to talk about Ohio, there may be readers from Ohio that come across this thread and need accurate information. Posts should be directly applicable to the OP's state and posts should be legally accurate. Yours was neither.
I disagree. There are uniform situations that can apply in different states, that have the same characteristics. Most schools derive their funding in similar ways. Many minor state laws are the same also. It is only when you get beyond the surface that more than subtle differences come into play. I have lived in 8 states and found that to be true. Even the police recognize this and will tell you that absent a posted sign, you should reasonably know how to respond to a given situation. I travel extensively and when you do, you learn these things.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I disagree. There are uniform situations that can apply in different states, that have the same characteristics. Most schools derive their funding in similar ways. Many minor state laws are the same also. It is only when you get beyond the surface that more than subtle differences come into play. I have lived in 8 states and found that to be true. Even the police recognize this and will tell you that absent a posted sign, you should reasonably know how to respond to a given situation. I travel extensively and when you do, you learn these things.
Yet, OH law still does NOT help this NY poster. And an OH lawyer has told you that you are wrong in your interpretation of OH law. Seriously - time to stand down and admit you're wrong.

Legal Man

No one should be receiving child support. She is a legal adult (18) and you are responsible for nothing, unless you choose to be. It's your choice whether or not to support her financially.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">