• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adoption / Cs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nagol818

newguyhere said:
Yeah but those kids have to make that 50 grand last a few years. After that they still have a gabillion dollars left to last them the rest of their lives.
Same here only they have a few more gabillion than me. The whole idea of getting more made me even more inclined to PARTY PARTY PARTY. Not to mention, nothing was said that they can't live with mom or stepdad until they turn 26 to fall back on until more money comes through.

I just know my attitude during that time in my life and I can say in all honesty, giving an 18 year old a big amount of money is not smart. I, personally, would have been better off being given an allowance by my parents...pay for school, living expenses and, since the money was there, a nice limit on a credit card or something. And to make it all count, a stipulation that my grades were all A's and B's. The money made it easy for me to be irresponsible.

Just my thoughts.

abstract99

nagol818 said:
Same here only they have a few more gabillion than me. The whole idea of getting more made me even more inclined to PARTY PARTY PARTY. Not to mention, nothing was said that they can't live with mom or stepdad until they turn 26 to fall back on until more money comes through.

I just know my attitude during that time in my life and I can say in all honesty, giving an 18 year old a big amount of money is not smart. I, personally, would have been better off being given an allowance by my parents...pay for school, living expenses and, since the money was there, a nice limit on a credit card or something. And to make it all count, a stipulation that my grades were all A's and B's. The money made it easy for me to be irresponsible.

Just my thoughts.

There is a stipulation, they have to get a college degree within a certain ammount of time or they say bye bye to all of that money. I still think that the credit card thing is a little odd though. I know how I was with my first credit card.

WHAT?

Sorry I haven’t checked my post in a bit. Honestly guys..... I don't really care about if the mom gets any money here. It is really the least of my concerns. Newguy, I haven't decided what will happen if the children get married yet. Any suggestions?

abstract99

Like if the family gets the money if the kid dies? I dunno, that would be a tough one. I would have been turning over in my grave if I was your kid and I died while I was married to my ex and she got all of the money. Why don't you set it up where the grandkids get it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">