• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

complicated child custody, child support case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rguerrero2

Uh, OG is a family law attorney, I am pretty sure she knows what she is talking about. She was trying to help you, but you obviously didn't like what she was saying.

She was trying to help by throwing around rude opinions like, (I'm going to shorten her quote) "It seems like your jealous, and noone cares?" How is that answering any question? I don't recall asking her how she thinks I feel. My feelings are not even important or relevant to a case. A family law attorney should know that, I'm sure. Although negative, the legal advice she gave before making that statement, was appreciated and I never mind hearing what I could do better to make my case stronger in the event that we do go to court. Just don't care for all the rude, childish comments. Who would? It's distracting from what the important issue is.

Ok you left the guy eventually, but you still stayed with him for TWO years before you left him. So what OG is saying is it was ok to stay with him for those two years but all of sudden its not ok. You just didn't want to hear that.

LOL. NO. That's not what I'm trying to say. I did not STAY with him for 2 years.

I took myself and my child physically out of the situation, as I stated before, but stayed in communication and contact with him for a year and a half to 2 years, trying to make things work that way. Giving him conditions and ultimatums and so forth, and until he met those, we were not going back. Well, guess what? He never met them. So, I officially ended it a year and a half to 2 years later.

Go pay a lawyer $400 for some advice instead of getting it free on here, maybe they will include a shoulder to cry in their fee.:)

UM, I believe there is free consultation out there with attorneys before I have to pay them a nickel to receive the counsel I need. I just choose to get as much advice as I can get before I make that move, because it surely would not hurt anything.

I never needed a shoulder to cry on and never will. It will take alot more than a couple of immature comments from OG to break me, as I have been through a lot worse than this to cry on someones shoulder. All I was seeking was legal advice from one respectable adult to another - best and worst case scenarios appreciated - just don't need all the rudeness.

I never needed a shoulder to cry on and never will. It will take alot more than a couple of immature comments from OG to break me, as I have been through a lot worse than this to cry on someones shoulder. All I was seeking was legal advice from one respectable adult to another - best and worst case scenarios appreciated - just don't need all the rudeness.

OG was describing your worst scenerio, but that wasn't ok for you.
Again, when you go to court, all those questions OG brought up will be brought up, eventually. You really can't catch an attitude like that about them. The judge isn't going to fluff things up and make them look pretty, and neither did OG.

Last edited:

Rguerrero2

OG was describing your worst scenerio, but that wasn't ok for you.
Again, when you go to court, all those questions OG brought up will be brought up, eventually. You really can't catch an attitude like that about them. The judge isn't going to fluff things up and make them look pretty, and neither did OG.

I am NOT referring to her advice, when I tell her enough is enough. I am referring to her unnecessary rude comments and opinions. Even a judge would get irritated at her stupid insults. It has NOTHING to do with the issue.

And this is isn't court. Stop making excuses for her out of line insults. This isn't about her worst case scenerio tactic at all.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I am NOT referring to her advice, when I tell her enough is enough. I am referring to her unnecessary rude comments and opinions. Even a judge would get irritated at her stupid insults. It has NOTHING to do with the issue.

And this is isn't court. Stop making excuses for her out of line insults. This isn't about her worst case scenerio tactic at all.
I didn't insult you. Seriously. I can start. And I have never irritated a judge asking such questions. How many times have you been in court? Oh yeah. You haven't facing him. If his mommy can afford to pay for an attorney, you are TOAST. Plain and simple. You are letting your emotion guide you and it is going to be your complete and total downfall. Oh and you don't get to dictate when enough is enough. Got it? As for rude -- you weren't exactly polite.

like old gal Ohio or whoever she is
Ohiogal. You consider that polite? I am an attorney guardian ad litem. My job is to look out for children's best interests -- something that their parents often mistake for their own best interest.

here are the facts that you have given:

You slept with and allowed a known drug dealer to impregnate you.
You kept the child.
You stayed with the drug dealer for several months/years AFTER discovering he was dealing drugs.
You never turned him in nor testified against him for his drug dealing.
Ten years later, you are whining about child support not being paid to your liking when you are contributing NOTHING financially to your child. Your husband is.
Then you want to know how to deny dad -- the child's father -- who has been around for 10 years, contact with his child.
YOu have no PROOF of anything. Just your word.
But you "know" this stuff based on 10 years ago when you left after participating for two years. And yes, legally you were an accomplice after the fact. So you are just as bad legally as he is.\
And let us not forget that you are okay accepting MONEY from the drug dealer --which would be illegally gotten funds. But that is fine because it would be in your pocket. Right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">