• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DawnPlusTwo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tornado88

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Has anyone heard from Dawn? I have been worried about her. Nothing has been posted since she got her restraining orders, that had yet to be served, and I have been worried he started trouble for her. I'm trying to stay positive in thinking she is just having a pleasant Thanksgiving holiday away from the stress, goodness knows she needs it. Any updates anyone has from her would be appreciated as so many of us have followed her story.

Dawn, I hope your holiday is going well and that your little ones are doing better.

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Has anyone heard from Dawn? I have been worried about her. Nothing has been posted since she got her restraining orders, that had yet to be served, and I have been worried he started trouble for her. I'm trying to stay positive in thinking she is just having a pleasant Thanksgiving holiday away from the stress, goodness knows she needs it. Any updates anyone has from her would be appreciated as so many of us have followed her story.

Dawn, I hope your holiday is going well and that your little ones are doing better.
you and me both. i just logged on to check on her.

hopefully someone here has contact information to keep tabs. this is real nerveracking. the ex's family of his really scares me.

tornado88

Oh Bella, I agree with you so much. I don't get the impression dad is much better. When he started threatening her if she went to the police, I thought to myself she really needs to watch her back. I am so proud of her though. She is much stronger than I was and her situation is worse then mine.

Isis1

Oh Bella, I agree with you so much. I don't get the impression dad is much better. When he started threatening her if she went to the police, I thought to myself she really needs to watch her back. I am so proud of her though. She is much stronger than I was and her situation is worse then mine.
i went ahead and sent her a private message. she should get an e-mail to her blackberry/cell phone. hopefully.

janM

I noticed she was reading here yesterday, but I didn't post anything in time.
I hope they got served and had the sense to stay away. I know, they probably don't have any sense, as they have proved. Just digging a deeper hole.

LdiJ

I noticed she was reading here yesterday, but I didn't post anything in time.
I hope they got served and had the sense to stay away. I know, they probably don't have any sense, as they have proved. Just digging a deeper hole.
She posted to the Thankgiving thread, which didn't start until late Wednesday night, so probably all is well with her.

frylover

I PM'd her Wed a.m. She and the kiddies were fine, and she hadn't heard anything from the Crazy Bunch at that time.

All is ok here. Thank you all for asking...

Received 2 texts yesterday. One from Dad, one from his wife.

2:09p dad: I no u jst did this so my fam cant c my son 2day

2:28p wife: can we get (Son) at 4 2day just for 2hrs so he can c his family

I reported them both to the county sheriff this morning. (Which is who the judge told me to report any violations to)

Kiddo went back to the doctor today. She reduced his breathing treatments from every two hours, to now every 4 hours. He is off of antibiotics for now. But still on the Nystatin cream for at least a few more days.. He is slowly starting to get back to his old self. He is gaining weight back that he lost in the hospital. I'm very hopeful that he will be 100% by Christmas.

Thanksgiving was good here. Daughter just LOVED helping in the kitchen. She helped with 2 cheesecakes, a banana pudding and the mashed potatoes. We put up our tree last night and the kiddos enjoyed decorating it.

I'm very nervous for the RO hearings next week. I called the chief today to find out why charges aren't being filed against Wife and Grandpa. No call back yet.

I thank you all so much for caring enough to ask about us. I hate clogging up the forums and unlocking my closed threads. Don't want to upset the mod/admin too much. =)

janM

Glad you had a peaceful holiday...well, except the texts. And that your boy is on the mend. I bet having him healthy will be the best Christmas present for you.

I wonder what part of RESTRAINING ORDER they don't understand? Geez...

cyjeff

Dawn,

I am coming in late to the party...

First, allow me to add my voice to the chorus. I am very proud of you. Not just for standing up for yourself and your kids - though that is a very large part of my admiration - but also for all those people that these folks would use these tactics on in the future. People such as these know no boundaries and have no internal moral compass.

Second, I want to offer another line of suggestion. I don't know how old your daughter is... but have you ever thought about martial arts?

yeah, I know.. it sounds so aggressive. It really isn't. With the right teacher in the right gym, martial arts is about empowerment.

Yes, it means you can handle yourself in a physical altercation. More than that, it gives you the confidence to never have to be in a physical altercation.

Martial arts are about discipline and out thinking your opponent. Making their aggression work against them.

Take your daughter along. It is NEVER too early to learn... okay, you have to be able to walk and a diaper tends to chafe.

not only that, but it will really firm up your legs and butt...

All kidding aside... it will teach your daughter (and her mother) that you can take charge of situations.

No, it is NOT about knowing how to kick the crap out of your ex. Martial arts are about training in case they try to kick the crap out of you.

Think of it this way. If you are giving a speech, you practice. You try to figure out the questions that will be asked so that you have your answers ready. Because you know that if you practice, the questions won't come at you cold... and if they come at you cold, you might freeze up or do the wrong thing.

Please let me share a story. A friend of mine is a former cop that worked his butt off and went to the FBI. After a number of years, he was hurt (in the line of duty) and so he retired... and now provides security to various "glitter people" all over the country.

He once told me that the secret to safety is merely "war gaming". Figuring out where trouble may lurk, figuring out how to combat that trouble and then practicing those responses.

The trouble may never come. However, if it does, he has already prepared his team as to the appropriate response. In fact, he firmly believes that preparation STOPS the trouble from coming.

This is more than physical fitness. It is about preparing yourself to win in the face of adversity.

I KNOW you will find a way to succeed. Good luck.

I think retaliation has began to rear its ugly head.

Guess who was waiting for us yesterday when we got back from the doctor around One? A DHS worker. The SAME DHS worker who took my statement and is supposed to investigate Dad. She came to check out the "unsafe and/or unsanitary living conditions" that my children are forced to reside in. It is ridiculous! My house is clean. ALWAYS clean. I can't say I'm not mad, because I am furious! At the same time I am THANKFUL. I have done nothing wrong. My kids are well cared for, they live in a nice, big, clean and safe home. Of course she wouldn't tell me who made the report. But I can assume its one of three people. She said she was "surprised" that I keep the attic door locked, have safety locks on cabinets, and use outlet covers. Gee thanks! I wonder if its safe to assume that the investigation against me will be closed?

Anywho... Had to take kiddo back to the doc yesterday because he got up wheezing again. Kiddo had to go back to every 2hr treatments and now has an emergency inhaler. She said if he wakes up wheezing, give him one pump of the inhaler to see if it will help. I want to know why he can't get over this. I know healing takes time, but tomorrow make 4 weeks since his symptoms first started! Sheesh, give him a break!

I stayed up late last night, preparing for the RO hearings today. I am beyond nervous. I don't see how Grandpa or Wife could actually defend themselves against the RO... I have video proof that they physically assaulted me. Not to mention, statements, police report and incriminating texts. We will see. Dad might be able to get off because he never physically touched me. Nah, he just set the whole dang thing up.

Well, I'm about to head to the court. I will report back later with whatever happens.

Thanks for all your help this far. Really appreciate it!

And, to add, as if this wasn't enough for any one person to deal with, there is some extended family drama on my side. I will save that for later with another part of this forum. Basically, my 2nd cousins are going to try to force me and the kiddos out of our house and try to sell it. Ugh. Talk to you all soon.

gr8rn

Dawn, fingers and toes crossed, sending prayers your way for you and the little one. Good luck today and keep positive! You are in the right they are the ones wrong, and there is no disputing it your evidence is solid!! Please update when you can today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">