• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Daycare Provider feeds kids benadryl

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
what?

You go ahead and tell the makers of Benedryl and Unisom or whatever med you are talking about that. I bet they will tell you that you are quite wrong/

The words are important. Maybe that is why you cannot understand what I am telling you. You make some generalized statement and cannot understand that my statements were very specific intentionally and that is why you are wrong.

No, those 3 names are not names for the same thing. They are trademarked names for products with each representing the manufacturer's specific formulation where each include doxylamine but they are not the same thing.

If I were to bother, I could find you formulations that include a common chemical but due to the other ingredients in the formulations, one of them would be fine for a patient but another could be deadly for that same patient. One drug does not make the product.

I feel sorry for you ecmst12. I guess you are just not capable of understanding.
Alrighty then. :cool:

justalayman

Dude. Seriously. I deal with the FDA at least once a quarter. I've been working on and off in the pharmaceutical field for 30 years. My father worked in the field for over 48 years. You are so wrong. :cool:
where? Give me a specific point that is incorrect. Anything in this thread.

and Pros, still waiting on yours as well.

justalayman

Brand and generic names for the same drug are interchangeable. So are different brands. It's actually important to understand that those are 3 names for the same thing. If you don't get that, the deficiency is yours, not mine.
So, if I go to the Vicks company and order up a case of Bendryl, they'll have that in their warehouse, right?

I guess if I bought a truckload of Zquil and sent the money to Chattam everybody would be cool with that, right? Bill paid and all, right?

justalayman

Why bother? You will never admit when you are wrong anyway.
Prove me wrong and I will admit it. Come on. You said it's all over this thread. Grab something and then explain why it is wrong. I will either accept that and admit it or tell you why you are wrong.

oh, and to why bother?

unless you do, all you have is you sounding like a child going:

but you're wrong and I'm right. I don't have to prove anything. I said you're wrong and that is all that matters.

I have continually shown where you were incorrect in this thread. You have yet to show me one time where I have been wrong.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
JAL, you know I love you, right?

Trust me when I say this. You are not making ecmst12 look bad. You are making yourself look bad. What matters is not the brand name, generic name, or manufacturer. What matters is the active ingredient. If they are the same, then the medication is the same.

Seriously. Ask your doctor. Or your pharmacist.

ecmst12

This has nothing to do with the manufacturer but the medication and effects of same. The name on the bottle is not the most important thing when it comes to knowing how medications affect people in general or yourself in particular. If you had an allergic reaction to benadryl, it would be very important for you to know that you couldn't take Zquil or anything else with diphenhydramine in it, no matter who made it. The brand name just isn't important unless you're a business person.

justalayman

JAL, you know I love you, right?

Trust me when I say this. You are not making ecmst12 look bad. You are making yourself look bad. What matters is not the brand name, generic name, or manufacturer. What matters is the active ingredient. If they are the same, then the medication is the same.

Seriously. Ask your doctor. Or your pharmacist.
so as I said, if I go to Vicks and buy a case of Zquil and send the money to Chattam, everybody is happy, right?

What matters is ecmst12 is trying to make a general statement to prove my intentionally specific statement is incorrect. I named the products for a purpose. I never said they did not all contain the same active ingredient. I did not say they would not all provide me the same benefiit. I made a simple statement; I do not take [the products named]. I do take Zquil.

ecmst12 wants to argue a point I never disagreed with because I never addressed it. I never said I do not take doxylamine.

and as I said previously, I can find products that while they have the same main active ingredient, one will be fine for certain patients while the other can be deadly to the same patient so no, it is not just because they have the same active ingredient they are the same.

ecmst12

and as I said previously, I can find products that while they have the same main active ingredient, one will be fine for certain patients while the other can be deadly to the same patient so no, it is not just because they have the same active ingredient they are the same.
You go ahead and give me a specific example of this.

justalayman

This has nothing to do with the manufacturer but the medication and effects of same. The name on the bottle is not the most important thing when it comes to knowing how medications affect people in general or yourself in particular. If you had an allergic reaction to benadryl, it would be very important for you to know that you couldn't take Zquil or anything else with diphenhydramine in it, no matter who made it. The brand name just isn't important unless you're a business person.
That is an absolute false conclusion. While it likely does not apply to Zquil and the other meds named, there are medications where that kind of attitude will get a patient killed.

justalayman

You go ahead and give me a specific example of this.
You show me where I am incorrect first

I've got an easier way to prove it. I will make two formulations using the same main active ingredient. One will not harm you, one will. Fair enough?

Just because one of the ingredients is the same does not mean all of the ingredients of the formulation are the same.

Last edited:

ecmst12

I can promise you 100% that I know more about how to avoid medication errors and not kill patients than you ever will.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
JAL? You know, don't you, that ecmst12 recently graduated nursing school and is only a week away from being officially an RN? And that both The Geekess and Proserpina have spent a number of years working Big Pharma?

And you're saying that all three of them are wrong and you, with no known medical or pharmaceutical background, are right?

Seriously?

I mean it. Ask your doctor or pharmacist which is more important, the brand name or the active ingredient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">