• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Daycare Provider feeds kids benadryl

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

justalayman

this one isn't a deadly situation but it makes the point:

The adhesive contained in a fentanyl transdermal patch differs depending on whether the patch is generic or brand name. Some of my patients have developed allergies to the adhesive in the brand name patch (as opposed to the generic,) others complain that the generics don’t stick as well.

that is a statement from an MD's site on the net in comparing generic to name brand medications.

So, same main ingredient, different glue. One causes problems, the other doesn't.

another statement from his site since you will likely argue that the glue does not count:

Thyroid medication is known to vary amongst the generics and Synthroid brand in terms of clinical effects. While the FDA has deemed these various products to be bioequivalent and interchangeable many endocrinologists disagree. In attempt to address this issue in 2004 a Joint Statement was issued by the major endocrinology professional societies making recommendations on the topic.
so, same main ingredient but obviously causes enough problems to be of concern. The ingredients do make a difference. The manner of manufacturing the medication makes a difference.

why the hell do you think you can by 132 different types of salt for your food yet all of them are MAINLY sodium chloride yet they taste different and may react differently in cooking.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
this one isn't a deadly situation but it makes the point:

The adhesive contained in a fentanyl transdermal patch differs depending on whether the patch is generic or brand name. Some of my patients have developed allergies to the adhesive in the brand name patch (as opposed to the generic,) others complain that the generics don’t stick as well.

that is a statement from an MD's site on the net in comparing generic to name brand medications.

So, same main ingredient, different glue. One causes problems, the other doesn't.

another statement from his site since you will likely argue that the glue does not count:

so, same main ingredient but obviously causes enough problems to be of concern. The ingredients do make a difference. The manner of manufacturing the medication makes a difference.

why the hell do you think you can by 132 different types of salt for your food yet all of them are MAINLY sodium chloride yet they taste different and may react differently in cooking.
"Adhesive" is not considered an active ingredient by the FDA. But thanks for playing. :cool:

justalayman

And you're saying that all three of them are wrong and you, with no known medical or pharmaceutical background, are right?
You are missing the point. They are wrong because they are trying to say I am wrong when I say I do not use Unisom when I use Zquil. How can I be wrong? How can they be right/

I never argued they did not contain the same main active ingredient. I made a statement. It is not wrong.
Seriously?
yes

I mean it. Ask your doctor or pharmacist which is more important, the brand name or the active ingredient.
I'm sure you have read the post with the statement about the thyroid med, right? Sometimes it actually does make a difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You are still quite missing the point. And I absolutely understand yours, because my husband MUST take the brand name version of one of his meds because the delivery system of the generic interferes with the way one of his other meds operates.

I still agree with emcst12 et al.

justalayman

"Adhesive" is not considered an active ingredient by the FDA. But thanks for playing. :cool:
figures.
what does it not being an active ingredient have to do with anything?

There is still a difference, correct? Is that not what I said and you and ecmst12 said was not true?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
figures.
what does it not being an active ingredient have to do with anything?

There is still a difference, correct? Is that not what I said and you and ecmst12 said was not true?
Because the rest is considered 'inactive' by the FDA. :cool:

OTC products list their 'inactive' ingredients on the bottom of their labels. Prescription inactives are listed in the literature with the physician's sample/bottle insert/pharmacy print-out.

justalayman

You are still quite missing the point. And I absolutely understand yours, because my husband MUST take the brand name version of one of his meds because the delivery system of the generic interferes with the way one of his other meds operates.

I still agree with emcst12 et al.
I am not missing the point. I acknowledged the primary active ingredient is the same in each of them. You are missing the point. I made a simple statement of what I use. They are trying to say I am wrong when I say I use ZZZquil and am really using Benedryl. Yes, they said I am taking a different medication than the one I bought. It has nothing to do with what is in the medication. It has nothing to do with the inactive ingredients in each of them. It is as simple as: I said I take [this] and excm said I take [that] That makes her wrong.

that is where y'all just don't get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">