• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

enough to reverse custody?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johnsons

Every time I am supposed to see my son, I show up at the agreed upon, court ordered exchange point. I either purchase an item from there (McDonald's parking lot is where we meet) or the gas station right next door. Considering I live 45 minutes away, I thought the receipts would show the judge I was there for my son and not just to get food/gas.

I call the cops every time she doesn't show, after waiting the 15 minutes ordered by the judge. They (cops) make a note of it and do not even bother coming to the exchange point anymore, as this has been ongoing.

I have had attorney file contempt papers and have done everything to get in front of judge. Ex was stating visits withheld because of emotional abuse, so before going to court, attorney wanted to talk to her, our son's therapist and the pediatrician to see if there was any basis. Of course, there wasn't. Our son's own therapist says that he doesn't want to see me because I make him be active and his mother & grandmother are couch potatoes who allow him to just play his videogames.

Now that it's known that there is NO REASON for holding my son, the attorney got us into the judge in a few weeks.

Fault me for trusting my attorney was doing his job. For thinking he knew what to do, but do NOT fault me for not being there for my son. I am TRYING, which is a heck of a lot more than a lot of these dads out there.

My wife provides daycare for foster children, and I've heard some horrible cases involving awful fathers. If the worst you can say about me is that I trusted my attorney to guide me correctly through a process I know nothing about, then that's okay with me. I know all the details of everything- but none of you know it all. Just as if you post something, there is OBVIOUSLY more to the story than you put on here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">