• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Going to jail?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverplum

once again someone proves their immaturity on this site...good job!
Indeed....

wow u guys r really immature. anyway....in my opinion (which probably means absolutely nothing), if u truly love her and she truly loves u...then 4 godsake w8t till u 2 r both 18 and then b happy 2gether. I'm not sayin her dad will ever 4give u but who said parents can keep u 2 from seein each otha when yall r legally adults? Now if only i can take my own advice lol...
And again.
ok well yesterday was my court date and im put on state probation for a year and i have 2 get long term therapy and the judge said if i do 1 more thing wrong, i will b locked away. ah the fun i will have on probation lmfao!

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Rape: Legal definition: A criminal offense defined in most states as forcible sexual relations with a person against that person's will.

My advice:
You might wanna add "statutory" in there buddy. Because it looks a little like you're insinuating that this particular person is a rapist. LEGALLY you would be in some trouble if you falsely accused someone on a public forum of rape who was being charged with statutory.

Darkwing - you are so wrong...

I'm gonna paraphrase - you can figure out the rest on your own.

Rape: Improper Sexual Intercourse (ie: without consent)
Statutory Rape: Rape committed against someone who, by virtue of their age, is unable to give consent.

Statutory Rape IS rape. A CHILD, by STATUTE cannot give consent to intercourse. Thus, said child is RAPED when the RAPIST has intercourse with the child.

And, just so you know...the problem IS the age difference, legally speaking...
I was refering to the reason that statutory rape is in place as a law. Wouldn't you agree that it's important for citizens of, the U.S. especially, to understand WHY certain laws are in place? Age of consent laws are there to stop young people from being exploited by adults. In this case neither of those involved was an adult. Rather than explaining it you can just go look it up as i did.

Darkwing - you are so wrong...

I'm gonna paraphrase - you can figure out the rest on your own.

Rape: Improper Sexual Intercourse (ie: without consent)
Statutory Rape: Rape committed against someone who, by virtue of their age, is unable to give consent.

Statutory Rape IS rape. A CHILD, by STATUTE cannot give consent to intercourse. Thus, said child is RAPED when the RAPIST has intercourse with the child.
Rape

The crime of rape (or "first-degree sexual assault" in some states) generally refers to non-consensual sexual intercourse that is committed by physical force, threat of injury, or other duress. A lack of consent can include the victim's inability to say "no" to intercourse, due to the effects of drugs or alcohol. Rape can occur when the offender and victim have a pre-existing relationship (sometimes called "date rape"), or even when the offender is the victim's spouse.

Under a variation known as "statutory rape," some states make it unlawful for an adult to engage in sexual intercourse with a person who has not reached the age of consent (usually 18 years of age).

Now, if you want to talk legally I actually couldn't find the term rape anywhere in the Arizona statutes. If you can show me how legally speaking Arizona could accuse TJ of being a rapist please do. However, a defemation of character case is a civil case and as such accusing him of being a rapist would be generally understood and constitute libel.

Please explain how you have access to confidential court proceedings...
It's called the press and google. Besides that "you can figure out the rest on your own."

Not that any of this matters since it would be beyond difficult for anyone to prosecute TJ in a criminal court. Anything not relating to juvenile court at this point is irrelevant.

Silverplum

You are an idiot. You know nothing of the LAW, and should not be posting as if you do.
:rolleyes:

And think about this: do you think you will EVER become a respected (or at least UNMOCKED daily) poster HERE by DEFENDING a child rapist? Hmmmm? Do you think ANYONE gives a rat's nose about your silly little googling and Webster's definitions on a LEGAL site?

Go read some drama books. That's clearly your style: fictional, dramatic, lots of license to tell whopping lies and pretend it's all true. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was refering to the reason that statutory rape is in place as a law. Wouldn't you agree that it's important for citizens of, the U.S. especially, to understand WHY certain laws are in place? Age of consent laws are there to stop young people from being exploited by adults. In this case neither of those involved was an adult. Rather than explaining it you can just go look it up as i did.

Rape

The crime of rape (or "first-degree sexual assault" in some states) generally refers to non-consensual sexual intercourse that is committed by physical force, threat of injury, or other duress. A lack of consent can include the victim's inability to say "no" to intercourse, due to the effects of drugs or alcohol. Rape can occur when the offender and victim have a pre-existing relationship (sometimes called "date rape"), or even when the offender is the victim's spouse.

Under a variation known as "statutory rape," some states make it unlawful for an adult to engage in sexual intercourse with a person who has not reached the age of consent (usually 18 years of age).

Now, if you want to talk legally I actually couldn't find the term rape anywhere in the Arizona statutes. If you can show me how legally speaking Arizona could accuse TJ of being a rapist please do. However, a defemation of character case is a civil case and as such accusing him of being a rapist would be generally understood and constitute libel.

It's called the press and google. Besides that "you can figure out the rest on your own."

Not that any of this matters since it would be beyond difficult for anyone to prosecute TJ in a criminal court. Anything not relating to juvenile court at this point is irrelevant.

You are an idiot. You know nothing of the LAW, and should not be posting as if you do.

And think about this: do you think you will EVER become a respected (or at least UNMOCKED daily) poster HERE by DEFENDING a child rapist? Hmmmm? Do you think ANYONE gives a rat's nose about your silly little googling and Webster's definitions on a LEGAL site?

Go read some drama books. That's clearly your style: fictional, dramatic, lots of license to tell whopping lies and pretend it's all true.
Ha Ha! The drama bit again? That's great. :D Look, I can use emotes too!

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher
OK, just because I have a spare minute I'll comment on this. The way you're just throwing around the word "Child rapist" when you have no idea of the actual events or this kid's character. It's like someone let McCarthy loose at a Diego Rivera exhibit. But just so you know you should really be more consistent with your accusations at least. If your gonna peg TJ as a child rapist then you should also be aiming your ire at the girl as well. TJ is a minor who she had sex with. That's not from Webster's by the way It's according to the Arizona State statutes. But since you brought up Webster's you should know I never used it. The definition of rape I used was from findlaw.com operated by Thompson West formerly known as The West Group. It's the largest and most trafficked law and government web portal in the U.S. You can check out the credentials of the Thompson West firm yourself. Sorry I don't have access to the immense library of legal books such as you have on your numerous shelves. I gotta make do with accredited web info. I couldn't find the term "rape" defined anywhere under the Arizona State statutes so, there ya go.

You are right on one thing though, I know very little about law. I do know how to read however, and the Arizona State statutes are public domain. Not that difficult really.

Bottom line is: The State of Arizona statutes clearly state what who considered a minor in the eyes of the court. In the eyes of Arizona, TJ is a minor. The State of Arizona statutes also clearly state that a minor is not subject to criminal prosecution unless the charge involves very specific criteria. If TJ is being honest with his accounts then he does not fall under that criteria and is subject to Arizona state Juvenile law, not Criminal. So you can call him a child rapist all you want. That's your opinion, it is not the legal stance of the State of Arizona and so has very little pertinence to this thread. You're personal moral outrage and ethical judgments are inconsequential. Feel free to counter me on this. If I've made a mistake then it would be in TJ's best interest to know.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Warning: Do not read the following part if you believe that understanding the reasoning behind a democratic form of government is unimportant.

I have read books on drama. This is what I learned: You aren't very familiar with the history of drama are you? Drama as we know it today originated in Athens, Greece which was the birthplace of the democratic system of government. The first play festivals were held annually during the holy days of Dionysus. The greatest award one could receive in Athens was for the most well written and convincing political satire. (The term "political satire" comes from the practice of having political figures represented as Satyrs during these plays. "Political Satyr" became "Political Satire"). Now I'm sure you already know this, but the Athenian democracy was not representative as the U.S.'s is. It was a true Democracy were Athenian citizens voted directly on legislation. These "Satyr plays" were a means of presenting the year's proposed legislation to the Athenian people in a positive or negative light depending on the Senator sponsoring the author and were he personally stood on the proposed legislation. Often times authors would use the plays to personally attack senators who were rivals of their sponsors. The Dionysian festival and it's then new form of drama ( a means of presenting written literature to a large group) was considered the most influential and effective way of providing a citizenship that could make educated voting decisions.

So, you can mock drama all you like. It's your right. But historically speaking the roots of drama were integral to fostering the growth of the democratic system which dictates the laws discussed on this forum. Drama and Democracy were born at the same time friend. Look at the history books and you'll find one of the first actions of any dictator is to either A. Shut down the theaters or B. To take complete control of the theaters. It's because the theater gives a government's opposition an easily accessible public forum to spread dissent. It's always one of the first things they seek to control or do away with.

And if you think that knowing these things is pointless then maybe you should found your own state where no one bothers to educate the people on the origins and reasoning of it's laws or the history of it's government. I can recommend a great book to help you in this endeavor. It's called 1984.

fairisfair

Romeo and Juliet were BOTH sixteen years old. Both killed themselves. Yet they each died a virgin. No sex involved. So how is Romeo and Juliet at all relating to this thread?
yeah, right, that is what I used to tell MY mom too.:p:D

It is related because I related it. through the theater, through my thespianism. ROTFLMAO

Silverplum

yeah, right, that is what I used to tell MY mom too.:p:D

It is related because I related it. through the theater, through my thespianism. ROTFLMAO
O Fairling! How blonde art thou today!
Wondrous Arizona Amazon
O Fair One! How red is thy lipstick!
Desert Queen
O Fairest! How shining are your pointy teeth!
Vampire Bat

:p :D :p :D

fairisfair

hey duckpuck**************......shaddup would ya???

Sexual conduct with a minor who is at least fifteen
years of age is a class 6 felony. Period.

hey duckpuck**************......shaddup would ya???

Sexual conduct with a minor who is at least fifteen
years of age is a class 6 felony. Period.

13-501. Persons under eighteen years of age; felony charging; definitions

A. The county attorney shall bring a criminal prosecution against a juvenile in the same manner as an adult if the juvenile is fifteen, sixteen or seventeen years of age and is accused of any of the following offenses:

1. First degree murder in violation of section 13-1105.

2. Second degree murder in violation of section 13-1104.

3. Forcible sexual assault in violation of section 13-1406.

4. Armed robbery in violation of section 13-1904.

5. Any other violent felony offense.

6. Any felony offense committed by a chronic felony offender.

7. Any offense that is properly joined to an offense listed in this subsection.

B. Except as provided in subsection A of this section, the county attorney may bring a criminal prosecution against a juvenile in the same manner as an adult if the juvenile is at least fourteen years of age and is accused of any of the following offenses:

1. A class 1 felony.

2. A class 2 felony.

3. A class 3 felony in violation of any offense in chapters 10 through 17 or chapter 19 or 23 of this title.

4. A class 3, 4, 5 or 6 felony involving the intentional or knowing infliction of serious physical injury or the discharge, use or threatening exhibition of a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument.

5. Any felony offense committed by a chronic felony offender.

6. Any offense that is properly joined to an offense listed in this subsection.

To be specific

4. A class 3, 4, 5 or 6 felony involving the intentional or knowing infliction of serious physical injury or the discharge, use or threatening exhibition of a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument.
The alleged victim claims the act was consensual and non-violent = Juvenile Jurisdiction.

And BTW, I'm loving the thespian references! :p

Didja know that the word Thespian originates from the actor Thespis of Icaria who was the first member of a Greek chorus to step out and deliver lines independently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">