• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Going to jail?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I just noticed this.

B. Except as provided in subsection A of this section, the county attorney may bring a criminal prosecution against a juvenile in the same manner as an adult if the juvenile is at least fourteen years of age and is accused of any of the following offenses:
Hmm...that means that the girl involved would also be guilty of sexual conduct with a minor and could possibly be charged as an adult. That would be a weird thing to prosecute huh? Accusing both parties of mutual statutory rape?

Happy Trails

Actually I just noticed this.

Hmm...that means that the girl involved would also be guilty of sexual conduct with a minor and could possibly be charged as an adult. That would be a weird thing to prosecute huh? Accusing both parties of mutual statutory rape?
Now that will give you something to research. There have been cases where both parties have been charged with statutory rape. Although it is rare.

In some states, one of the minors would be designated the perpetrator while the other considered to be the victim. A male has the higher risk of being dubbed the perpetrator.

Now that will give you something to research. There have been cases where both parties have been charged with statutory rape. Although it is rare.

In some states, one of the minors would be designated the perpetrator while the other considered to be the victim. A male has the higher risk of being dubbed the perpetrator.

Wow, that's really interesting.The more I found out about the laws concerning minors having intercourse with minors the more they seemed kind of odd to me. I'll have to look into that. Thank you.

(Notice how he gave advice without unnecessary insults?)

Last edited:

fairisfair

To be specific

The alleged victim claims the act was consensual and non-violent = Juvenile Jurisdiction.

And BTW, I'm loving the thespian references! :p

Didja know that the word Thespian originates from the actor Thespis of Icaria who was the first member of a Greek chorus to step out and deliver lines independently?
damn, then there might be hope for ya yet.:cool:

fairisfair

Wow, that's really interesting.The more I found out about the laws concerning minors having intercourse with minors the more they seemed kind if odd to me. I'll have to look into that. Thank you.

(Notice how he gave advice without unnecessary insults?)
nope I hardly ever notice THAT.:rolleyes:

and anyway, we used up all the good ones.:D

Nah, I'm not a person. I'm a thespian. Haven't you been reading? But if you want to get back to legal questions.

What are Georgia's laws concerning the legality of thespian couples? Are thespians allowed a civil union at least?

and to people posting nonsense.

We answered the legal question. Now we play. But thanks for your concern:rolleyes:
Actually, I answered the legal question. The majority of those on the board pandered to their own desires to voice moral outrage rather then seriously investigating the law and told the guy that he was going to prison for rape. The few sources that were cited pertained to criminal law rather than the Juvenile court he would be prosecuted in. Not saying I have any inherent knowledge of the Arizona legal system mind ya, I just looked up the statutes in full.

I was bored and felt like being sassy.

Last edited:

Just Blue

Actually, I answered the legal question. The majority of those on the board pandered to their own desires to voice moral outrage rather then seriously investigating the law and told the guy that he was going to prison for rape. The few sources that were cited pertained to criminal law rather than the Juvenile court he would be prosecuted in. Not saying I have any inherent knowledge of the Arizona legal system mind ya, I just looked up the statutes in full.

I was bored and felt like being sassy.
Got any twizzlers??:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">