• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandparents threatening to sue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistoffolees

Here's my quandry...should we let this guy see our kids ("our" = their two sons and us two mothers) at ALL after hearding these allegations? Would that look to the court like we were okay with a possible molester around our kids? How would it even be possible to get these rumors verified? Now that we've heard this we don't want those people around our daughter until we find out if it's true or not. BUT, since now we don't them around at all, would that give them a greater chance to prevail in court?

Also, I am concerned that they are just going to try to butter us up so they can get close with my daughter and THEN try for a court order after they've established a relationship. I don't think this is the end of this. I have great concern that her dad won't live until she is of age because of his extremely severe drinking problem. So, even if he's on my side, it won't do anyone any good if he's in the ground.

I don't want to make any mistakes in dealing with this.
I would say that your best bet is to let them see the kids but ONLY WHEN YOU ARE PRESENT. If you let them have unsupervised time with the kids, it greatly weakens your arguments about the children's safety.

So, be nice and tell them that you'd be happy to have them come by your house (or another public place where you will remain present) for a visit on such and such a day. If they ask for permission to take the kids somewhere, just say "I'm not comfortable with that at this point. Maybe some other time"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">