• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can Effexor still be on the market???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmet4nzkx

zippysgoddess said:
Nope, I now get paid for this, it started as an interest of mine, but I learned I have a knack for it, and people who need help will pay for assistance. I write articles, provide various medical and medication information, such as uses, side effects and etc, plus I also do pill IDs for people who either forgot what something was, and didn't keep the bottle, or they find stuff in the pockets, bookbags, purses, whatever, of family members and don't know what they are. Sometimes I write up and summarize medical research papers.

I can't work outside the home anymore, the doc won't allow it, my problems, which you are well aware of, are just degenerating further. (Degenerative disc disease was finally far enough along to show up in my last MRI, lower lumbar so it is hitting right on top of the herniations and nerve impingement!) Working from home provides the only types of jobs that let me work at my own pace, or not work at all if my pain is out of control.

Anyway, twice now, I have managed to turn personal interests into professional titles and employment. Heavy studying, evaluation and tests, and it is amazing what you can do with your life. I really hated just sitting here and not being able to do much of anything and feeling useless.

So, I am not a medical professional in the same sense as a doctor, nurse, or pharmacist, my area is different, but yes, I spent the past year working on this so I could do something with my life and help people. I do, however, have access to the same databases and resources that they use.

I will quantify though, that these are not links or information from my professional resources, my hands are acting up badly these past two days, and I would have to type that all in, and just couldn't do it right now. I just did a quick search to let the poster see others who have voiced the same opinions or concerns. That is also why I left my email, if she contacts me later, I will gladly scan in, or when my hands are working right again, (took me 45 minutes to type this, then a few more to fix typos!) I will gladly type up some more of the information I have access too, so I can provide her more information from reliable sources and assist in any way I can.

Recent studies have shown, that for some people, antidepressants and benzos have been causing some memory loss, though very rarely severe enough to impair the person and make them stop using the med. The reasons for this are still unknown, but the theories hold that just like the side effects from various meds, it depends on one's body chemistry.
Being paid to write an article is one thing, you are crossing into dangerous territory when you are IDing medications found in pockets!
I am very careful about links I post and in general never post links without qualificaiton when they have an obvious bias such as the last link you posted, in fact that would have saved you key strokes.

Memory loss may be associated with many things, not just antidepressant medications, that would require a detailed evaluation of the patient's medical record and qualified atudies, not just subjective opinions. ANd all of this is not responsive to OP's question. OP has no case against the drug company from the facts provided.

loveumms

It is hard to believe anyone would pay to have someone summarize the drug profile, side effects, ect considering the pharmaceutical industry publishes extensive information in their prescribing information and they usually provide a public version of this (in layman’s terms) for people who are not health care professionals. It also blows my mind that people will pay to have someone that is not a health care professional or pharmaceutical professional research drug or medical information for them.

Many websites also provide the same information for free.

www.rxlist.com

www.emedicine.com

www.epocrates.com (rx portion is free).

There are also many websites that are free that provide drug identification. The user puts in the shape, color or imprint and the site provides different medications it could be with pictures.

http://www.drugs.com/pill_identification.html

I surely hope that benzos cause some memory problems. One of their properties is they are anterograde amnesic - that is one of the reasons they are used in pre-surgery (its not just to make the patient less stressed).

zippysgoddess

Those are some of the websites that pay for it, someone has to compile the information for them, it doesn't just appear on their sites magically. Do you think space aliens fly down and put it there for you to use, or did you just assume it appeared there magically and non one had to type it up and put the stuff together so it is there for you to read it when you need the information? Sorry, but there are many of us, who get paid to do just that. Find all the information we can on a med and compile it into layman's terms so you can read it and understand the important stuff you need to know about it. You cannot just take the stuff provided from the manufacturer and copy it onto your website, that would be COPYRIGHT infringement, someone has to rewrite it, so the average person can understand it, and the site can post it and not get sued for it.

Like I said, I specifically tested and trained for this, so no, I am not going into dangerous territory when I ID drugs. Every prescription drug legally sold in the US has a unique imprint, required by the FDA just for ID purposes, all you have to do for that is learn how to use the ID to look them up for people. The imprints vary according to manufacturer and dosage of the pill, capsule, caplet, whatever in question. So if you know how to look them up, just like you would use a PDR, you can ID them easily with precision, so that part is very easy. How on earth do you think pharmacists learn to do it? There are so many drugs on the market, that some of them don't even make it into the PDRs, someone has to be able to look them up and ID them.

Doing the work I am paid for of these types, I always double check my information with more than one of my professional databases, before giving it to someone as a definite ID or doing a drug monograph.

Like I said, stuff just doesn't automatically appear on these websites, someone has to compile it and put it there. Obviously you all have a problem with someone else getting educated as a disabled adult and taking up a professional job, just because you have never heard of it, or done it. But then again, we can't touch the moon either. I am sure there are many jobs that someone does that you have never heard of, I mean Good Lord, someone has to even compile the information for PDRs to be published. Get a grip.

If you know what you are doing, you can provide medical information, medication information and etc. without issues. Yes, I admit when I first started learning to do pill IDs, I made a few mistakes, I am sure everyone who works with meds has made some, even your friendly neighborhood pharmacist when they first started training for something. I learned from them and went on to learn even more. Various companies use various codes for meds, some incorporate their company logo, some us certain numbers to ID all the meds they manufacture. So it is all a matter of learning what is what and helping someone out.

I can see I am obviously not welcome here, but that's alright rmet, you have never liked disabled people and always had a problem with them anyway. I have tried to learn and do something to give my life value and meaning, so I don't have to sit here in pain and misery and feel useless, and I have achieved that, I don't have to have your agreement or approval to do my job. Whether you think it is dangerous territory or not, I can accurately ID meds for people, as long as they can provide me with the color, shape, and complete imprint on the med in question. If it doesn't have that information, as liquids and some OTC products don't, then I cannot ID it and don't pretend I can.

But like I said, stuff just doesn't grow up and magically appear in a database or on a website, they have to pay people to put it there. Anyway, since I am obviously not welcome here, because you can't believe my area of expertise exists, you will not have to worry about my posting and trying to help anyone in the future. It just isn't worth it.

pelota4

Wow!

I'm new and confused? :confused: First off I will say that I have been disabled 5 1/2 years from 6 seperate spinal fusions and 2 pulmonary embolisms with recurrent DVT. The reason I mention this is because I get Medicare and was able to get on the new prescription drug plan this year. My doctors told me I must be a genious because I was able to figure out the formularies and pick a provider? They were in part joking but very serious also because they told me that most of their pateints were having a very difficult time trying to figure the whole thing out? My point here is, that just because I was able to read and figure out which plan would best suit my needs doesn't mean everyone else could do the same. Those other people needed assitance from others who understood. The same is true with medications. Just because there are websites, PDR's and package inserts doesn't mean everyone understands what's being said? I have known many people who are new to needing prescription medications that have found the information people like zippysgoddess provide to be of huge value and real benefit. Many times just being pointed in the right direction can make all the difference which is what I see zippysgoddess doing. With some understanding and direction a person can then present their findings to their doctor or pharmacist to help choose a regimen or course of action. I would not accept the advise of a doctor on the internet without consulting one in person afterward. I'm glad there are people like zippysgoddess who take time to learn and help others. Isn't that the purpose of these sites? Why not ask a question to get help understanding instead of trying to discredit?

I have dealt with depression a lot in my life and after trying several medications that made me feel awful my doctor tried Effexor. It helped me so much that I can say it saved my life! It is meant to be taken for less than 6 months but I took it for over 4 years with a dose of 375mg the last year and a half. When I felt ready I stopped taking it over a year ago. As for memory loss... what was I talking about? My memory is not what it used to be. Can I blame Effexor, I don't know? I can't say Effexor was the reason anymore than I can say age, chronic pain, the depression its self or age are? I do know medications are helpful a vast majority of the time. They are made for a purpose and when used as prescribed can save a life. Used in any other way and they can take a life. Many medications that help me and make me feel better can do just the opposite to another person with the very same condition. Talking to our doctors and research will help find which medication is best for each of us? Cutting others down and trying to diminish their contribution is not going to give anyone some thing they can take to their doctor or help improve anyones life! Thank you to those with positive input and a special thanks to zippysgoddess for taking the time to inform and help others! :)

loveumms

I would love to hear how you "specifically tested and trained" for that type of job if you are not either a pharmacist, doctor or nurse. Is there a school that trained you for that type of job?

Rmet has NOTHING against disabled people. It is really sad when someone tries to use their disability as a crutch and then becomes defensive about it. No one here has anything against disabled people - if anything I think most of our hearts go out to those with disabilities. Some of us have devoted our lives to helping those people.

No, I didn't believe that this information just appeared out of the sky but, I have a hard time believing those companies would hire someone with no professional training to write the information since it seems that would open them up for lawsuits (I’m sure someone could confirm or deny this).

Making a mistake IDing a pill that someone paid you to identify is very dangerous - I hope you carry a great deal of malpractice insurance.

My whole point was people pay for a service that is free - the website I gave can identify pills for free and the person is guaranteed to not have a mistake made since they can see the pill and determine if it matches up with theirs. If you were the one who designed that website, that is great and I'm glad you got paid for it.

rmet4nzkx

zippysgoddess said:
Those are some of the websites that pay for it, someone has to compile the information for them, it doesn't just appear on their sites magically. Do you think space aliens fly down and put it there for you to use, or did you just assume it appeared there magically and non one had to type it up and put the stuff together so it is there for you to read it when you need the information? Sorry, but there are many of us, who get paid to do just that. Find all the information we can on a med and compile it into layman's terms so you can read it and understand the important stuff you need to know about it. You cannot just take the stuff provided from the manufacturer and copy it onto your website, that would be COPYRIGHT infringement, someone has to rewrite it, so the average person can understand it, and the site can post it and not get sued for it.

Like I said, I specifically tested and trained for this, so no, I am not going into dangerous territory when I ID drugs. Every prescription drug legally sold in the US has a unique imprint, required by the FDA just for ID purposes, all you have to do for that is learn how to use the ID to look them up for people. The imprints vary according to manufacturer and dosage of the pill, capsule, caplet, whatever in question. So if you know how to look them up, just like you would use a PDR, you can ID them easily with precision, so that part is very easy. How on earth do you think pharmacists learn to do it? There are so many drugs on the market, that some of them don't even make it into the PDRs, someone has to be able to look them up and ID them.

Doing the work I am paid for of these types, I always double check my information with more than one of my professional databases, before giving it to someone as a definite ID or doing a drug monograph.

Like I said, stuff just doesn't automatically appear on these websites, someone has to compile it and put it there. Obviously you all have a problem with someone else getting educated as a disabled adult and taking up a professional job, just because you have never heard of it, or done it. But then again, we can't touch the moon either. I am sure there are many jobs that someone does that you have never heard of, I mean Good Lord, someone has to even compile the information for PDRs to be published. Get a grip.

If you know what you are doing, you can provide medical information, medication information and etc. without issues. Yes, I admit when I first started learning to do pill IDs, I made a few mistakes, I am sure everyone who works with meds has made some, even your friendly neighborhood pharmacist when they first started training for something. I learned from them and went on to learn even more. Various companies use various codes for meds, some incorporate their company logo, some us certain numbers to ID all the meds they manufacture. So it is all a matter of learning what is what and helping someone out.

I can see I am obviously not welcome here, but that's alright rmet, you have never liked disabled people and always had a problem with them anyway. I have tried to learn and do something to give my life value and meaning, so I don't have to sit here in pain and misery and feel useless, and I have achieved that, I don't have to have your agreement or approval to do my job. Whether you think it is dangerous territory or not, I can accurately ID meds for people, as long as they can provide me with the color, shape, and complete imprint on the med in question. If it doesn't have that information, as liquids and some OTC products don't, then I cannot ID it and don't pretend I can.

But like I said, stuff just doesn't grow up and magically appear in a database or on a website, they have to pay people to put it there. Anyway, since I am obviously not welcome here, because you can't believe my area of expertise exists, you will not have to worry about my posting and trying to help anyone in the future. It just isn't worth it.
You are not qualified and what you are doing could be seen as acting as a physician or other liscensed professional without the required, liscense, education, training and experience. Most sites have trained professionals who review the work of medical writers or write it them selves. I have training in pharmacology and psychopharmacology, more than most doc's, I am published in my professional discipline, I have education, training, experience and certifications and am very good at what I do, but I am careful to keep within my scope of practice which covers several areas. You came here asking questions, there is no way that you have suddenly developed competence in this area. Your suggestions to Kissyface were totally inappropriate!
I don't have a problem with disabled people, I have a placard in my purse saying otherwise.

zippysgoddess

Thank you Pelota, your comments mean a lot to me.

No, I did not come here asking the questions, I was here trying to help, she wanted to know what others has experienced with it, and if it was perhaps related to the drug, I tried to help her find some comments made by others, questioning the same thing. I have actually been a member here a long time, I am not the person who was asking questions about drugs in this thread, you are totally incorrect there. Kissyface asked:

"I'm sorry that this post will not help you in any way. I was, however, hoping you might enlighten me. Do you have any web addresses you could share with me linking Effexor to memory loss? I was unaware that there had been any known problems with Effexor; however, I have been taking it for at least 3 years and have been experiencing so much short-term memory loss that I am beginning to get scared."

I tried to help her find some sites were others might be going through the same thing, she can use that info to either verify, or disprove the information. I also invited her to email me, so at a later time when I could type more, I could help her further as I could use some of my professional resource information for side effects.

When I do pill ID's, if a picture is available, I always use it to confirm. Sorry to burst your bubble but I am qualified. I already had some college in before I became disabled, my basic courses were out of the way, it was simply a matter of covering what I need to become an experienced and qualified researcher. Yes, I had to study from home, but that is very easily dome these days when you have a computer. My own doctor has discovered my information to be accurate and reliable when I research something, and has come to me several times to ID a med they couldn't find listed in the print PDRs.

I do not know how you can say I am not qualified when you don't know me and anything about my training. Do you know how many websites there are online, where people ask for pill ids, and the site owners just let anyone with an internet connection provide an answer? I have caught many, many incorrect ones, and I like to think I saved at least one person from a potentially dangerous situation. It can be very dangerous to have a med inaccurately ID'd, as Pelota said, that is why there are people like me out around.

You had better look at who the original poster was that was asking the questions again, their username is Hurt-By-Effexor. Definitely not me, thanks.

Personally I could care less than what you think, since I joined this site back in 2005, I have seen nothing from your but posts that cut down other people, with the thought that you and your buds are the only ones intelligent enough to have any kind of specialized training in something. It is sad when you must always tear someone down to make yourself feel good. I was even informed of the time you were assuming I was someone else who was on here causing trouble, just using multiple usernames. A quick check of my email and IP would have showed the truth on that, but you did not want to know.

This is my final post to you, I really don't care at all what you think, I am going back to places where my training and expertise is appreciated and useful, and some vindictive person doesn't think they are the only one who is an expert at something.

weenor

zippysgoddess said:
Thank you Pelota, your comments mean a lot to me.

No, I did not come here asking the questions, I was here trying to help, she wanted to know what others has experienced with it, and if it was perhaps related to the drug, I tried to help her find some comments made by others, questioning the same thing. I have actually been a member here a long time, I am not the person who was asking questions about drugs in this thread, you are totally incorrect there. Kissyface asked:

"I'm sorry that this post will not help you in any way. I was, however, hoping you might enlighten me. Do you have any web addresses you could share with me linking Effexor to memory loss? I was unaware that there had been any known problems with Effexor; however, I have been taking it for at least 3 years and have been experiencing so much short-term memory loss that I am beginning to get scared."

I tried to help her find some sites were others might be going through the same thing, she can use that info to either verify, or disprove the information. I also invited her to email me, so at a later time when I could type more, I could help her further as I could use some of my professional resource information for side effects.

When I do pill ID's, if a picture is available, I always use it to confirm. Sorry to burst your bubble but I am qualified. I already had some college in before I became disabled, my basic courses were out of the way, it was simply a matter of covering what I need to become an experienced and qualified researcher. Yes, I had to study from home, but that is very easily dome these days when you have a computer. My own doctor has discovered my information to be accurate and reliable when I research something, and has come to me several times to ID a med they couldn't find listed in the print PDRs.

I do not know how you can say I am not qualified when you don't know me and anything about my training. Do you know how many websites there are online, where people ask for pill ids, and the site owners just let anyone with an internet connection provide an answer? I have caught many, many incorrect ones, and I like to think I saved at least one person from a potentially dangerous situation. It can be very dangerous to have a med inaccurately ID'd, as Pelota said, that is why there are people like me out around.

You had better look at who the original poster was that was asking the questions again, their username is Hurt-By-Effexor. Definitely not me, thanks.

Personally I could care less than what you think, since I joined this site back in 2005, I have seen nothing from your but posts that cut down other people, with the thought that you and your buds are the only ones intelligent enough to have any kind of specialized training in something. It is sad when you must always tear someone down to make yourself feel good. I was even informed of the time you were assuming I was someone else who was on here causing trouble, just using multiple usernames. A quick check of my email and IP would have showed the truth on that, but you did not want to know.

This is my final post to you, I really don't care at all what you think, I am going back to places where my training and expertise is appreciated and useful, and some vindictive person doesn't think they are the only one who is an expert at something.

Since this is a LEGAL site....as rmet already stated long before your input, OP must establish either that the prescribing physician breached the standard of care or that the drug company knew of certain side effects that it did not disclose. Best example is Vioxx..but note Jere Beasley is not winning all of his cases...so even that is not a lottery.

rmet4nzkx

zippysgoddess said:
No, I did not come here asking the questions,
Yes you did and if one checks your profile they will come up with a series of threads you started asking questions. My reference was to your comming to this site not our posting on this thread.
I was here trying to help, she wanted to know what others has experienced with it, and if it was perhaps related to the drug,
But that is not the legal answer to her question or OP's question, it was OT and inappropriate.
I tried to help her find some comments made by others, questioning the same thing.
but that doesn't make the information appropriate or correct and it compromises the integrity of this site.
I have actually been a member here a long time,
Irrelevant
I am not the person who was asking questions about drugs in this thread, you are totally incorrect there. You are incorrect because I was refering to your incompetence and inappropriate response, not to OP or Kissyface.
Kissyface asked:

I have researched your links to comericial pharmacy sites such as, Drugs.com, (2355 posts) yahoo.drugs.com and http://www.shoppe.md/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3 where you have made yourself busy giving unprofessional and inappropriate advice, not unusual for a patient with OCD as you have admitted. You gave your unprofessional advice there between June and Nov 2005 (59 posts) while you were a member here and never claimed to be a professional until yesterday and your advice on that site was inappropriate.
View Profile: zippysgoddess
zippysgoddess
Distinguished Community Member
Last Activity: 05-20-2006 11:47 AM
Signature
Chronic, acute scoliosis, upper curve 67degrees, lower 40degrees, spine shaped like an s with accompanying herniated discs, pinched nerves and etc. Migraines from spinal problems. Depression, anxiety, tmj and OCD.
Wife of 1, mother of 1, 4 very spoiled cats and 1 dog who thinks she is a cat!!
[email protected]
Total Posts: 692 (1.49 posts per day)

When I do pill ID's, if a picture is available, I always use it to confirm. Sorry to burst your bubble but I am qualified.
Sorry, posting on a forum doesn't make you qualified nor does the site where you do that guarentee your information as reliable, in some cases you gave the wrong advice or were prescribing!
I already had some college in before I became disabled, my basic courses were out of the way, it was simply a matter of covering what I need to become an experienced and qualified researcher.
Some college? You need more than that to actually become employed but that would affect your disability incomes, right? If yuo are getting paid to ID drugs, it is illegal!
Yes, I had to study from home, but that is very easily dome these days when you have a computer.
Nothing wrong with studying from home, but you need some means by whch to gain credentials and you have no idea what that means do you? Can you tell me what FRE 702 has to do with your competence and how it affects your "professional" postings on the internet and in PA?
My own doctor has discovered my information to be accurate and reliable when I research something, and has come to me several times to ID a med they couldn't find listed in the print PDRs.
So your doctor is not computer literate, that doesn't qualify you to give medical advice or prescribe such as telling someone complaining re breathing problems to take an OTC rather than refering them to their doctor or at least a pharmacist for a qualified reccommodation.

That doesn't make you qualified. It may make you well intended but it doesn't make you qualified.

There never was any confusion between you and OP and I already answered their question before you responded to Kissyface.

Personally I could care less than what you think, since I joined this site back in 2005, I have seen nothing from your but posts that cut down other people, with the thought that you and your buds are the only ones intelligent enough to have any kind of specialized training in something. It is sad when you must always tear someone down to make yourself feel good. I was even informed of the time you were assuming I was someone else who was on here causing trouble, just using multiple usernames.
Interesting that you should bring that up almost 1 year from the date that poster behaved inappropriately, humm she also claimed to be a medical researcher and writer?
A quick check of my email and IP would have showed the truth on that, but you did not want to know.
ANd just how am I supposed to do that, ask Phil?

YOur final post? were you banned at the site where you were IDing pills? Is that why you haven't been helping people there since Nov of last year?

Last edited:

zippysgoddess

I never said I haven't been helping people there since Nov of last year, you said that. I have never been banned from any site that I have used.

You have assumed far, far too much about me, and you assume far, far too much about others.

zippysgoddess

First of all, I have not posted here with any regularity in a long time. Second of all, I was not taking finals then, my husband was, thirdly, of course I didn't comment on many drugs posts and such, there really aren't that many here.

You just find it impossible to believe that someone else could be an expert in something that you consider your territory. I did not post anything relating to drugs then, as I did not know enough to do so and was still learning. You do not have to go to school for 20 years for every career out there.

Yes, there is a lot more to ID pills than just looking them up, I always use several resources to verify, that way I make sure to give someone the correct answer. I did not say the only resource my doc had was a PDR, a patient brought in pills that they did not remember the name of, and she could not find them in any of her available databases, neither could several pharmacies she called, the problem was (an she did not hire me to do this, I volunteered to help if I could) it was a Canadian drug and most of the databases list only US manufactured or sold pharmaceuticals.

I do not own or moderate the sites, I work for the site owners by answering the questions and researching med info and pill IDs for people who ask, because they can't find them on their own.

I do not pretend to be, nor have I claimed to be an expert on everything having to do with medicine. No, I do not work under the Federal Rules of Evidence, I am not a pharmacist, doctor, nurse, LPN, Aide or anything of the sort.

I am a researcher, I have been a researcher on various things for many, many years. You seem to think I am way too young to have any experience or to have learned as much as I have, but I am 35.

I also do not received disability benefits, if you want to refer to my old posts, you will see my husband does, I don't. SSI has turned me down repeatedly, even after a Judicial Hearing last fall.

As to IDing drugs, it is not as hard as you seem to think. The FDA requires all prescription drugs legally manufactured and/or sold in the United States to have unique imprints for ID purposes. One you learn how to look them up, and I double check all my information before providing an answer to someone, so I make sure I am accurate, it is not hard to find most them. The hardest ones to ID are OTC meds, because they do not fall under the FDA regulations and they can have the same imprint on 50 different products or no imprint. But pharmaceutical meds can't. If a company makes 3 different pills of varying dosages that contain Acetaminophen and Hydrocodone, each pill must have a difference in its imprint for ID purposes. Many companies use the same logo on the products they manufacture, so for instance, if you see a pill marked with a 93, followed by a space or a score line and more numbers, or in some cases the additional numbers are on the obverse, it is manufactured by Teva Pharmaceuticals, pills that have an M in a box, then other numbers on them seperately are made by Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, the however have others that they purchased from other companies but retained the prior logo on, so some of theirs also have a z on them instead of an M, they also have several that just have an M with no square around it.

If you see a pill that has an imprint that starts with a 44 and then a space or score line followed by numbers on the same side or obverse, or an L, followed by numbers that can be either on the same side or the obverse, they are manufactured by LNK International, and some of them are hard to ID, because they only make OTC products. They make inexpensive forms of OTC meds like Tylenol, Aleve, Tums, Advil and etc. These are then sold by many stores, such as Eckerd, Kroger, Giant Eagle and etc. as their store brands or generics. When I cannot find a pill ID, I don't pretend I can, I freely admit to people that I cannot find it, but if I know it is an OTC because it has one of these logos, I will make sure to tell them that. If I am unsure, I will tell them that also.

I know you are aware that pharmaceuticals are complicated, and I do not pretend to be an expert regarding who should use them for what, I can simply provide IDs on most of them when someone needs it, and if they are looking for it, I will help them with information on a drugs general usage and side effects.

I do not charge individuals to look up pills for them, I just have various site owners that pay me for answering the people who ask questions on their sites. I even post a public email, and many people will send me a note requesting an ID or information, because they want to keep a family issue private, not spread out on public sites for all to see, and I will provide them an ID and information if I can, and I do these at no charge.

You have made a lot of assumptions about me, the work I do, who I charge and about my education. I am very highly educated, just because I came on here before and asked questions about some things I was not familiar with and didn't know much about, it doesn't mean I am uneducated in all areas. You have a bad habit of assuming that about many people. It is possible for a person to be an expert in some areas and not others.

That said, don't worry, I will not pop into your medical posts here any longer and step on your precious little toes, you may keep your territory. However, you will find yourself better served, in real life, as well as online, to stop making so many assumptions about people. Like what you assumed from my posts, you assumed I was getting disability, you assumed the finals I was talking about were mine, when I was just helping my husband study for his degree, you only read the words you chose to read and not all of them. You seem to have also assumed I claimed to be an expert in all medical fields and I did not, I said I am a medical researcher, this does not actually require me to have advanced degrees in medicine, it is something totally different. It requires that I know how to find the information someone wants, as the medical world can often be quite complicated and technical for the layman to understand, and put it together so they can make sense of it, without having to look up every third word.

For instance, many places, when they list drug monographs list side effects such as erythema, folliculitis, acneiform eruptions and many other technical terms. The normal consumer that might have just been prescribed something new from their doctor, has no idea what these words mean, someone has to break it down for them in easier to understand terms.

There are many sites online that let you look up a pill imprint, however, many people don't understand how to do that, so they don't get the answer they are seeking. They may see the Abbott Pharmaceutical logo, it looks similar to @ but more squared off, they don't know if they should look under A, G, or perhaps even Q to find an ID for the pill the have. The company that makes Allegra and Ambien even uses ~ on their drugs, the layman doesn't know what company that is, or how to look it up. So for these people, I provide an important service.

I was not banned from ShopMD, there simply were not many posts there needing my services, so I do not frequent that site anymore. I know you would love to hear I was banned from somewhere, it would just make your day, but no, I haven't been, sorry. I have simply moved on to other places that needed my experience and expertise and yes, some of my posts were incorrect, I was still learning. Sorry if you have always been perfect and never made mistakes.

I do not understand why you have to attack everyone, make them out to be liars, and act like you are the only one who could possible have any education or expertise. It is just silly of you to act that way. You are not the only expert on anything in this world. There are others who know just as much as you, and who can get an education. The world does not revolve around you.

It is not illegal for me to be earning a living, if you would bother to check my other posts, you would also know I DO NOT receive disability, I have been turned down repeatedly because they claimed I was young enough to learn something new as a career and could do sedentary work.

I don't prescribe anything to anybody, I provide some advice, and help them learn about drugs or what a certain pill is, see once again you are assuming I am claiming to be a medical professional and I am not. I said I am an expert researcher, and there is big difference.

Maybe, just maybe, once in awhile on these boards you should stop trying to tear people down all the time. That is all you do, you assume the worst about everyone, what in your life has made you so miserable, that you cannot believe anything good about anyone else? You must lead a sad existince.

Oh well, as I said above, I will stay out of your territory, lead your life and attack people as you wish. It is just such a shame that you do so, you do have a lot of expertise that could help a lot of people, but you would have to present it in a nicer manner if you want to get anyone to listen to it and learn from it.

rmet4nzkx

zippysgoddess said:
I never said I haven't been helping people there since Nov of last year, you said that. I have never been banned from any site that I have used.

You have assumed far, far too much about me, and you assume far, far too much about others.
I based that on the fact that your last post was dated Nov 6 2005!

http://www.shoppe.md/search.php?search_author=zippysgoddess

OOPS!:rolleyes:
And you can go to the other thread for my response, I don't feel like copying it for you.
BTW you did say you moderated a site in another post.
Zippysgoddess said:
I am a moderator at a deals bulletin board, we get crackpots like this all the time. But Megan, I disagree on one point, they do not get mad at getting ganged up on, the only time they get ganged up on is when they have asked for it, many of these people simply don't like the answers they get to their questions, or they break the board rules and get offended when someone tells them like it is. That is not ganging up on someone.

For instance, in one thread on this board, someone posted they had shoplifted at Macy's and were upset that their fine was higher than someone elses who had done it before. When everyone told them that they pretty much had to deal with it, they started attacking people. There are other examples of this I can point out as well. Some people just can't handle being wrong, or finding out that others are not going to help them get off with a loophole when they blatantly did something illegal.

On my boards, I recently had a woman who was spamming, I sent her a private message, clearly identifying myself as an admin, and told her to stop. She continued, so she was banned. Then she sends me an email claiming she didn't know it wasn't allowed, (it is clearly stated in the TOS and restated all over our boards!) and said she didn't know who I was, I had to ask her what she thought MODERATOR meant in my message?
Busted,
again.

Last edited:

zippysgoddess

Busted how? Yes, I work as a moderator and administrator, but for a totally different site, as I said it is a deals/freebies site, I have been there since 1999, shortly after the site first launched. That is in no way related to the medical sites I was talking about. Wow, you are just dying to make me out to be a liar about something. Just ridiculous.

In my post, where I said I do not own or moderate the sites, I was referring to the medical sites, which is what, I believe you were railing at me about.

rmet4nzkx

zippysgoddess said:
Busted how? Yes, I work as a moderator and administrator, but for a totally different site, as I said it is a deals/freebies site, I have been there since 1999, shortly after the site first launched. That is in no way related to the medical sites I was talking about. Wow, you are just dying to make me out to be a liar about something. Just ridiculous.

In my post, where I said I do not own or moderate the sites, I was referring to the medical sites, which is what, I believe you were railing at me about.
It doesn't change what I said, in fact it helps prove the point I was making. What you do on your own site is one thing, what you do on medical sites is another, it involves a complex ethical/legal system of which you are ignorant.

kissyface

Give me a break

Hi,

I just spent 2 hours trying to be politically correct about all this and then the site gave me a database error when I tried to submit. Now I'm tired and ticked at the computer... so here goes.

1. zippysgoddess you are awesome. Thank you for the links and for the email address. I am extremely sorry you had to endure such a tongue lashing just for answering my question. I am very much looking forward to conversing with you without all the drama. I will email you this week sometime.

2. rmet4nzkx - In the dictionary there is a word and next to the word is your picture. The word is heartless. You are not God. She was answering MY question. None of your business. Also, I didn't appreciate the "Let me guess, looking for the Effexor defense?" wisecrack either. You have no compassion, no heart, you love to put other people down. I will NEVER answer another question in here that has your name ANYWHERE in the thread. May God bless you with what you are missing.

3. loveumms - Thank you very much for the links. A woman has found a way to make herself useful to other people and bring in a little money at the same time. Do you think ANYONE on the Internet would let her get away with mistakes? She hasn't even done anything here and you guys are all over her like stink on shi_. I doubt anyone else would let her get away with mistakes either. She says she has the proper training. Get over it. She has NO REASON TO LIE TO YOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">