• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I feel violated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Example: if you were gay and when you walked up to the teller they immediately started talking about how people used to call gays ******s or something else derogatory, how would you feel?????? You would probably feel horrible and disrespected. Well that is how I feel. So please try to have empathy if you can, we are one race and we live under one roof..
I have been in this situation (or quite similar) with my oldest child, who is LGBTQ. When I hear a comment addressed to or about her or others like her - I always speak up and EDUCATE. Same as when people use the word "retard". Or any other number of derogatory terms. Sometimes with humor, sometimes not. Many such comments come from ignorance, so it is better to be part of solution by educating than simply walking away with hurt feelings.

No you are wrong, I said Gods common sense moral of LOVE.. I think people naturally know how to love it is an innate ability that we all have. Whether we love an animal, a favorite outfit, or most importantly another human being, maybe a mother, a child, a brother.. etc you get my point. I dont go to church and would not be called a religious person at all so I dont think that a business should teach anyone about GOD. I also understand that not everyone believes in GOD but I do know that everyone knows how to LOVE. I just know that without LOVE and RESPECT we are doomed as a nation. Which we can see that happening every day by all of the EVIL and HATE that is going on all around the world..
But whose sense of that Love? Westboro's notion of God's love, or even love in general, is different from many others. And honestly - you will equate "love" of an outfit to love of one's fellow man or an animal? Weird.

Proserpina

And whose definition of "good" and "evil" are we using? Do you understand the point being made? Your definitions and preferences do not control in any situation other than those occurring inside the four walls of your home.

And whose definition of "good" and "evil" are we using? Do you understand the point being made? Your definitions and preferences do not control in any situation other than those occurring inside the four walls of your home.
All I can say is use your common sense.. If any of you have children how do you expect someone to treat your children, how do you treat your children? It should be with kindness, compassion, care, and love etc.. That's the kind of love im referring to.. I didn't think it took a rocket scientist to figure what is LOVE.

I have been in this situation (or quite similar) with my oldest child, who is LGBTQ. When I hear a comment addressed to or about her or others like her - I always speak up and EDUCATE. Same as when people use the word "retard". Or any other number of derogatory terms. Sometimes with humor, sometimes not. Many such comments come from ignorance, so it is better to be part of solution by educating than simply walking away with hurt feelings.

But whose sense of that Love? Westboro's notion of God's love, or even love in general, is different from many others. And honestly - you will equate "love" of an outfit to love of one's fellow man or an animal? Weird.
And honestly - you will equate "love" of an outfit to love of one's fellow man or an animal? Weird.[/QUO

Why is this weird?? LOVE is LOVE.. If you are filled with love in your heart you have love for everything.. You may not understand because you guys on this forum are ready to start a fight or something, you guys seem to be filled with the opposite of love which is Hate and Evil.. Where is your compassion!!??

And honestly - you will equate "love" of an outfit to love of one's fellow man or an animal? Weird.[/QUO

Why is this weird?? LOVE is LOVE.. If you are filled with love in your heart you have love for everything.. You may not understand because you guys on this forum are ready to start a fight or something, you guys seem to be filled with the opposite of love which is Hate and Evil.. Where is your compassion!!??
You dont have to have compassion for me and my situation either, im talking in general.. Didn't you learn when you were a kid that you treat people how you would want to be treated or how you would want someone to treat your loved ones... Stick by that and you cant go wrong, thats the kind of love im talking about..

To be brutally honest when are white people gonna learn how to respect people with brown skin and puffy hair.. We are in 2016.. will you guys ever change..

Proserpina

To be brutally honest when are white people gonna learn how to respect people with brown skin and puffy hair.. We are in 2016.. will you guys ever change..
And with that, you're done.

The more you type, the more it becomes clear that you're a much bigger part of the "problem" than you think.

And with that, you're done.

The more you type, the more it becomes clear that you're a much bigger part of the "problem" than you think.
Im 100% serious.. I have dealt with it my entire life from white people. Lets talk about that. I know it hurts to face the truth about your people. But you guys can change I hope, we all have to live in this world together.. I tired of having to worry if my dad, brother, mom, sister, etc.. will come home from, A simple traffic stop can be the end for people of color.. Its scary out there.. With people as ignorant as that bank teller in 2016 i have reason to still be worried. My people have been lynched and killed since we been here.. when is it going to stop.!!!!

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Im 100% serious.. I have dealt with it my entire life from white people. Lets talk about that. I know it hurts to face the truth about your people. But you guys can change I hope, we all have to live in this world together.. I tired of having to worry if my dad, brother, mom, sister, etc.. will come home from, A simple traffic stop can be the end for people of color.. Its scary out there.. With people as ignorant as that bank teller in 2016 i have reason to still be worried. My people have been lynched and killed since we been here.. when is it going to stop.!!!!
And the reason you assume we're all white is......?

CSO286

You know, I was at the bank one day, and the teller took a look at my recent history as she was helping me and then suggested a couple of classes in fiscal responsibility I could take.
She said they would help me learn how to manage my money better.

She was a white lady in her mid to late fifties and mentioned two recent overdrafts at the same time. My feelings were hurt that she called out my spending habits.

Can I sue???

:rolleyes::p;):D:cool:

ALSO known as The First Steps in Improving My Relationship With Money.

And the reason you assume we're all white is......?

By the responses and lack of understanding.. White people live in their own world and have a hard time relating to the lives of others. The bank teller pretty much called me a N!gg!r.. And what I get for you guys is im being too sensitive. A person of color most likely would have experienced something similiar to that in therei lifetime and may have offered advice with some compassion behind it. Just sayin!!

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
By the responses and lack of understanding.. White people live in their own world and have a hard time relating to the lives of others. The bank teller pretty much called me a N!gg!r.. And what I get for you guys is im being too sensitive. A person of color most likely would have experienced something similiar to that in therei lifetime and may have offered advice with some compassion behind it. Just sayin!!
And you're calling the teller racist? So white people can't be understanding? Live in "their own world"? You, my dear, are racist. And even worse, you're too blinded by your own bigotry to see it. Pitiful.

You know, I was at the bank one day, and the teller took a look at my recent history as she was helping me and then suggested a couple of classes in fiscal responsibility I could take.
She said they would help me learn how to manage my money better.

She was a white lady in her mid to late fifties and mentioned two recent overdrafts at the same time. My feelings were hurt that she called out my spending habits.

Can I sue???

:rolleyes::p;):D:cool:

ALSO known as The First Steps in Improving My Relationship With Money.
I thanked the lady for taking the time to type up all of my food purchases. what I didn't thank her for was calling me a pickaninny and a cotton picker..Did the teller that helped you call you that.. didnt think so!! Rolleyes!!!

Proserpina

Your ignorance is blinding you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">