• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i'm confused by the new marijuana laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

justalayman

LdiJ;3116225]Then likely they were smoking pot laced with something else, which regulation and decriminalization would eliminate.
Uh, sorry but no. As I said before, paranoia (psychosis) is an all too common side effect of mj use.

Of course people have had accidents due to pot use just like people have had accidents due to alcohol use...and no, people are not fuzzy the next day unless the pot has been laced with something else.
You really do choose to ignore written proof, don't you?.
Heck, alcohol is far worse the next day (hangover etc) than ordinary pot.
I didn't say it wasn't. You want to argue that pot is ok because it doesn't cause the same problem as other drugs or that it doesn't cause the same problems as other drugs. That is a very poor argument.

Ok, obviously you know absolutely nothing about LSD. Read up on it before saying things like this. It is a hallucinogenic.
sure it's a hallucinogenic. It alters perception. So does alcohol. So can MJ. LSD obviously does so to a much greater extent and in ways that pot and booze don't but each of them do alter perception. Do you speak from experience LdiJ? Were you a stoner that dabbled in LSD?

Again, read up on LSD...its not remotely similar
.I have read, and posted for you all to read some as well. I'm waiting for somebody to provide something other than their inexperienced opinion. How about some documentation?

I think you need to do some serious reading.
Can you admit that there are drugs that are out there today that are MUCH MUCH worse than pot?
sure there is. Check out Krocadil. That is irrelevant though. Saying there are worse drugs out there is like saying a guy that beats his wife is not a bad guy because there are guys that have actually killed their wives.

. If you cannot, then you should not respond to threads like these until you have done some significant studying LSD destroyed a lot of people in the 60's and 70's..much like Meth is destroying people now.
post something other than your opinion to support that. I have for my position. I'm waiting for any of you to post anything other than your opinion.

justalayman

JennK2009;3116246]LDiJ; Thank for setting justalayman straight. Good grief.
she surely isn't setting me straight or even altering my opinion. I grew up with some serious stoners, junkies, crackheads, and yes, even a few that used LSD. I know more about the situation than I will share so I have provided information other than my opinion for you all to read yet you all want to ignore it and espouse your opinion as fact.

W

Willlyjo

she surely isn't setting me straight or even altering my opinion. I grew up with some serious stoners, junkies, crackheads, and yes, even a few that used LSD. I know more about the situation than I will share so I have provided information other than my opinion for you all to read yet you all want to ignore it and espouse your opinion as fact.
Give it up already Justy! :rolleyes: You lost the argument when you tried to convince us that LSD was no worse than pot! And...I DID speak from experience! I've spent serious time around pot heads and Acid freaks and I'm here to tell you that LSD is nothing to mess with. I know the effects--I actually took a 4-way hit of Window Pane acid once. Although I handled it, there were many who didn't and ended up dead as a result.

LDiJ is absolutely right, if there is extreme paranoia brought on by pot, there is definitely something more mixed in with the weed that would do such a thing. It is true, pot does induce, to an extent, a bit of paranoia, however, not to the level you say it does.

The bottom line is that LSD, pot (if laced with other deadly ingredients), meth, alcohol and even cigarettes have no benefits. But if you want to label which one would be the worst, I'd have to say LSD and Meth are. I wouldn't trust pot these days due to the fact it may be laced. I would rely on medical pot to ease chronic pain if purchased in a clinical setting that does exist despite the Feds sometimes getting involved.

BTW...some of the pot I've smoked back in the day made me hyper and allowed me the benefit of a great sense of concentration and focus. I recall several times where I ran the table from the break in a game of pool with friends.

Last edited:

tranquility

The concept of freedom makes an analogy between various drug uses and beating to murdering one's wife rather silly. I invoke Goodwin's Law, even though the brown shirts were not contemplated.

justalayman

Willlyjo;3116273]Give it up already Justy! :rolleyes: You lost the argument when you tried to convince us that LSD was no worse than pot! And...I DID speak from experience
!where did I say it wasn't worse than pot? and you did not prove anything to me. I'm still waiting for ANYBODY to post anything that is documentation, such as I have, to prove your point. If you want anecdotal proof, I can give you all you want for whatever perspective you want.
I've spent serious time around pot heads and Acid freaks and I'm here to tell you that LSD is nothing to mess with.
nothing to mess with? You could say that about all drugs that alter ones perception.
I know the effects--I actually took a 4-way hit of Window Pane acid once. Although I handled it, there were many who didn't and ended up dead as a result.
nobody has died from an overdose of lsd. People have died by doing stupid things while on lsd just as they gave while drunk or on pot.

LDiJ is absolutely right, if there is extreme paranoia brought on by pot, there is definitely something more mixed in with the weed that would do such a thing.
bull****. I gave evidence to the contrary. If you want to get into anecdotal evidence, I have no problem stating you are absolutely wrong.

It is true, pot does induce, to an extent, a bit of paranoia, however, not to the level you say it does.
You're wrong.

The bottom line is that LSD, pot (if laced with other deadly ingredients), meth, alcohol and even cigarettes have no benefits.
actually lsd does have medical benefits.

But if you want to label which one would be the worst, I'd have to say LSD and Meth are.
I'm still waiting for support of your position. I provided some to prove you wrong.

I wouldn't trust pot these days due to the fact it may be laced.
look at that: paranoia already.

I would rely on medical pot to ease chronic pain if purchased in a clinical setting that does exist despite the Feds sometimes getting involved.
and you think that is better? It's not like the FDA certifies the crap.

BTW...some of the pot I've smoked back in the day made me hyper and allowed me the benefit of a great sense of concentration and focus.
some of the pot had effects opposite of other types of pot you smoked? Sounds like you are the one using pot laced with something.

I recall several times where I ran the table from the break in a game of pool with friends.
and that is supposed to mean what? It's like saying when I smoked pot I aced some college exams. What does that mean? Nothing. It is a statement with nothing to compare it to.

JennK2009

I agree with Bob Englehart (an editorial cartoonist.)

The first frame is a burning joint. It states, “This simple dried herb is illegal.”

The second frame states: “However, if a multinational drug company grinds up that herb, extracts the cannabis sativa and creates synthetic delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol, combines it with gelatin, glycerin, yellow titanium dioxide, markets it to doctors and hospitals under the name of Marinol, and in the process makes a bunch of wall street investors even richer then it’s legal”

http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/

It obviously cannot fit within that definition. The only statement that is befitting is the first one. :eek::p The second is obviously false. (Dronabinal is a drug permitted to be prescribed). The third statement is also not true. So, based on the fact dronabinal is an accepted medication, even the federal government has to acknowledge the incorrect classification as a schedule 1 substance.

The last I heard, LSD is less harmful than either marijuana or alcohol. Does that mean we should legalize LSD too?
Really, Ive done LSD back in the day, and witnessed several poeple "freak out". Never saw that with pot. I used to be a big pot head, now one or two hits will suffice, and it isnt everyday

justalayman

Really, Ive done LSD back in the day, and witnessed several poeple "freak out". Never saw that with pot. I used to be a big pot head, now one or two hits will suffice, and it isnt everyday
I have seen people "freak out" with pot. Wasn't the same type of "freaking out" as with lsd but it definitely could have resulted in a bad situation had others not been around. In fact, I believe at least one of the people that experienced problems has permanent mental changes due to either the pot or the problem itself.

cetiya

i'm curious to know if my landlord can kick me out for doing something legal. i know my job can fire me, but can my landlord kick me out? i guess i dont need to worry, since i have asthma, i can only get the edible type, or pill form. no smell there.

justalayman

i'm curious to know if my landlord can kick me out for doing something legal. i know my job can fire me, but can my landlord kick me out? i guess i dont need to worry, since i have asthma, i can only get the edible type, or pill form. no smell there.
Not sure. I believe the state you are in may make a difference so, what state are you in?

Lsd is extremely dangerous. Everyone heard stories growing up. I heard a tall tale once about an lsd fatality(not including the cia experiments in the late 50s to see if their agents would divulge secret information where the agent attempted to fly). In this story a highway patrolman pulled over a car and discovered during the search of the car two clear plastic 1 gallon jugs. Believing it was moonshine he stuck his finger into the bottle to taste the mixture. The dosage was supposedly fatal. Probably not true but I wouldnt rule it out as implausible.

Marijuana is still illegal federally. Kinda strange that the schedules deem cocaine as having a medical use but not marijuana. Then the fda approves a drug synthesized by a drug with no medical use.

P.S. you can overdose on water and it can be fatal. An overdose of lsd could cause severe mental illness, think syd barrett. No takesies backsies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">