• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

long distance parenting plan?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtClerk

Nope not my problem either.

Having said that, all I can say is that its nice to see that all of this boils down to who spread their legs for who, not who loved who and thought through the "relationship blinders" that I saw earlier didn't stop to verify stories. So the end result is that the single mom who is just trying to make things work is a slut and the dad, yet again... off scott free to chase his nether regions to "greener pastures" without anyone holding HIM accountable for HIS choice to lay down with someone HE had no intention on staying with.

Thanks for the support. :rolleyes:
I generally like a c o c ktail with my melodrama. Please warn me before. No one was talking about you... we were speaking in general. Now, if that applied to you and you took it to heart, then the truth hurts.

As for support. This isn't a support group. If anyone supports you, that's extra.

Isis1

I generally like a c o c ktail with my melodrama. Please warn me before. No one was talking about you... we were speaking in general. Now, if that applied to you and you took it to heart, then the truth hurts.

As for support. This isn't a support group. If anyone supports you, that's extra.
well i'm having a Jeramiah and lemonade. :p

oh nutts, i'm out of ice.....:eek:

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

Hey, I WAS being supportive. We were just talking in general. Go back and read, the comments were not aimed at you, I thought I made that clear.

We were talking about how IN GENERAL, people cannot work together and why. NOT ABOUT YOU.

I can totally get being lied to and not seeing the whole pic in a relationship. But now that the relationship is over, it should be all about the kid. That was my original point, in talking about coparenting.

Sorry to jump down throats. :eek: went back and re-read.

I don't hate my ex, that would require too much effort. I can't work with him, she keeps stepping in front. She was a 'single parent' (I don't happen to think so, since she was married to someone who took full responsibility for her child while they were married because bio-dad was in prison for God knows how long) she know how much effort to put forth in order to keep within the abandonment definition in WY.

In order for effective co-parenting, he honestly needs to reach down, grab a pair, accept responsibility for making this child with me and to keep her on a short leash. Last time I checked, I didn't sleep with her! Writing a check once a month when he remembers isn't being a parent. His actions prove to me that he doesn't deserve my sweethearted little boy. Having said that though, my sweethearted little boy doesn't deserve to grow up without knowing who his father is.

As far as visitation goes? Well, I am open to IN MY COMMUNITY supervised visitations for now. Honestly, I don't think that he would take advantage of his visitation if he was awarded any anyway. It would require him spending money on someone other than himself and his appearances. Once my Tricycle Motor gets to start school? Well that'll be for another day.

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

No Melodrama here, just overtired and stressed. Since I have never done anything to legally prevent or stand in the way of him exercising his paternal rights, I don't believe that any of those statements apply to me. However, I didn't think that we could turn threads into bashing parties?

As far as support is concerned, I'll pay the extra since I have followed and will continue to follow the advice of others who have been through this before me.

Humusluvr

Sorry to jump down throats. :eek: went back and re-read.
Good

I don't hate my ex, that would require too much effort. I can't work with him, she keeps stepping in front. She was a 'single parent' (I don't happen to think so, since she was married to someone who took full responsibility for her child while they were married because bio-dad was in prison for God knows how long) she know how much effort to put forth in order to keep within the abandonment definition in WY.
TMI
In order for effective co-parenting, he honestly needs to reach down, grab a pair, accept responsibility for making this child with me and to keep her on a short leash. Last time I checked, I didn't sleep with her! Writing a check once a month when he remembers isn't being a parent. His actions prove to me that he doesn't deserve my sweethearted little boy.
Uh oh. Watch out. That kind of attitude, and possessiveness, isn't going to get you anywhere.

Having said that though, my sweethearted little boy doesn't deserve to grow up without knowing who his father is.
OUR boy. and true.
As far as visitation goes? Well, I am open to IN MY COMMUNITY supervised visitations for now.
Well, if and when he files for something, ask for that.

Honestly, I don't think that he would take advantage of his visitation if he was awarded any anyway.
He's allowed to try, and you should realize that he will get to know his child, if he wants.

Quit being mad, and start being proactive and mature. Get over the mad, because it isn't going to help you.

FYI, My ex and I had our final huge blow out, fight three weeks before our son was born. Plenty of people told me not to even tell him when I was having the baby. I would not have denied him seeing his child being born, you only have that happen once. So I held his hand, hating his stupid guts, as my body was chopped in half. I wouldn't change it for a thing.

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

Good

TMI

Uh oh. Watch out. That kind of attitude, and possessiveness, isn't going to get you anywhere.

OUR boy. and true.

Well, if and when he files for something, ask for that.

He's allowed to try, and you should realize that he will get to know his child, if he wants.

Quit being mad, and start being proactive and mature. Get over the mad, because it isn't going to help you.

FYI, My ex and I had our final huge blow out, fight three weeks before our son was born. Plenty of people told me not to even tell him when I was having the baby. I would not have denied him seeing his child being born, you only have that happen once. So I held his hand, hating his stupid guts, as my body was chopped in half. I wouldn't change it for a thing.
Its hard to get past the mad. Not impossible, but hard. Nope, it hasn't helped me one bit. All it serves to do is make me hit the books harder. Not being mature? Considering I do this (just like most single parents out there) day in and day out without so much as asking him to sacrifice ANYTHING for our son, I thought that's what I was being. Being proactive? Yup, got that too... isn't that what this forum is for? Finding out what the options are? As far as being possessive, that's not what it is... I am the only parent of the two of us who has stepped up to the plate to take care of our son, I do this with or without his help because I love my son more than I love myself... Writing a check and making threats... hope thats not considered parenting!

CourtClerk

Its hard to get past the mad. Not impossible, but hard. Nope, it hasn't helped me one bit. All it serves to do is make me hit the books harder. Not being mature? Considering I do this (just like most single parents out there) day in and day out without so much as asking him to sacrifice ANYTHING for our son, I thought that's what I was being. Being proactive? Yup, got that too... isn't that what this forum is for? Finding out what the options are? As far as being possessive, that's not what it is... I am the only parent of the two of us who has stepped up to the plate to take care of our son, I do this with or without his help because I love my son more than I love myself... Writing a check and making threats... hope thats not considered parenting!
You are less over it than you think you are....

you don't get brownie points for things you're SUPPOSED to do. Drop the martyr syndrome and move past it. He's over it, so should you be.

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

you don't get brownie points for things you're SUPPOSED to do. Drop the martyr syndrome and move past it. He's over it, so should you be.
You're probably right. I laid down with this man, had a child with him, was planning the rest of our lives together only to have him walk away from the both of us without a backwards glance. Her betrayal is nearly worse though, since she knew things about us and issues that we were having, assured me that everything was going to be ok (not so many words).

I think he's not as over it as you think though, he is still trying to control things (or she is, still not sure which one it is) and make me bend to his will.
]
I googled Martyr Syndrom... you nailed it right on the head. Thanks for the rein in. :eek:

Isis1

THAT unfortuantely is the most difficult thing to do. and for those of us with superthick heads, it takes so much longer then it has to.:(

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

I guess. I'm lucky maybe. Never went through all this. Don't have time to. Really not my style.
It took making bad choices, rectifying, making more bad choices and finally this before I discovered that I was worth more than I thought I was. A year and a half ago, I was a complete wreck, I may not be over everything, but I've come a long way! I can honestly say though, that even though the situation is less than ideal, my son is the result of a bad choice, but I wouldn't change ANYTHING! :D

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

Update

Last night I got an email stating that with the child support order would be an order for visitation. Correct me if I am wrong but there are several things wrong with this;

1) I am not subject to the jurisdiction of WY courts in the matter of custody and visitation due to not being a resident for the last 18 months
2) since there was not a stipulation or addition to the original support issue, he would have to bring a separate motion at a different time.
anything I missed?

Another issue though, since he is not a resident of MN, would he HAVE to hire an atty here in order to bring any M&O addressing custody and visitation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">