• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Massive Power Surge related to Auto Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shay-Pari'e

It costs me 4 years of homeowners insurance to buy one year of auto insurance

Homeowner claims in 30 years = $1600 (builder's crappy water service installation caused flood)
Auto claims in 40 years = $0

HankJS
It cost you four years of home owner insurance to purchace car insurance?

Sorry, but I don't get it, nor do I want to get it.

HankJS

For the mathematically challenged:

Cost of 4 years of homeowners insurance premiums = cost of 1 year of auto insurance premiums. There's almost no bigger ripoff going than auto insurance.

Personally, I drive a sensible sized, gas efficient vehicle, driving it no more than a couple of thousand miles a year. I don't pay premiums based on my good 40 year driving record, I pay based virtually on everyone else that buy vehicles to suit their egos and perceived social status and drive them like battering rams.

If you think I'm a bit peeved with auto insurance companies, power companies, business in general because I can't get a D!@# VCR replaced that's broken through no fault of my own, you bet.

HankJS

moburkes

For the mathematically challenged:

Cost of 4 years of homeowners insurance premiums = cost of 1 year of auto insurance premiums. There's almost no bigger ripoff going than auto insurance.

Personally, I drive a sensible sized, gas efficient vehicle, driving it no more than a couple of thousand miles a year. I don't pay premiums based on my good 40 year driving record, I pay based virtually on everyone else that buy vehicles to suit their egos and perceived social status and drive them like battering rams.

If you think I'm a bit peeved with auto insurance companies, power companies, business in general because I can't get a D!@# VCR replaced that's broken through no fault of my own, you bet.

HankJS
You are not required by law to have homeowners insurance or auto insurance. You are required to show proof of financial responsibility in order to drive. Driving is a privilege, not a right.

HankJS

You are not required by law to have homeowners insurance or auto insurance. You are required to show proof of financial responsibility in order to drive. Driving is a privilege, not a right.
No argument here. The growing norm is you have as much privilege (or justice, or freedom) as you can buy or afford. A trite and overused sentiment, but more noticeable as the dichotomy between the haves and have nots grows exponentially along with who controls the power base.

For all practicality: No homeowners insurance = no mortgage. No auto insurance = no driving privileges, at least legally.

If I could afford to self insure myself, I wouldn't have any need for this forum.

BTW, I'm not sure all states accept self insured.

HankJS

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">