• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My 13 year old does not want to visit me for Christmas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Weymouthgirls

Brats

Yah but... Dad has been all lah-di-dah about it up to now. So past "transgressions" that he's done nothing about are moot.

Both Mom and Dad have created this problem. Both should own up to it. Dad seems to think it's all on Mom that the kid is a brat.
You are wrong about la di da. I have fought tooth and nail to have a healthy relationship with my daughter. Unlike you I won't blame the child for the end result of bad parenting on the ex. As a parent I am limited to what I can control since I am not in state.

If I even thought there was a chance at custody I would go that route but have been told by multiple lawyers the chance of that happening would be slim and nil.

ProSeDadinMD

:rolleyes:

Jobs are jobs. Children are irreplaceable.

You make your choices, you take your chances.
I concur.

Right a jobless economy have to support all my children including 2 that are under my roof and a spouse Sorry your response is not very intelligent without knowing the whole situation on my move to NC.
MA had a better than national average unemployment rate from 2001 thru the beginning of 2008, per the BLS.gov website, so not buying the "jobless economy" as a reason to move to NC, which was several percentage points higher for most of that time.

You made a choice.

Mom won't be in contempt if you aren't making an attempt to pick the child up, which mom should be helping you with.

Silverplum

You are wrong about la di da. I have fought tooth and nail to have a healthy relationship with my daughter. Unlike you I won't blame the child for the end result of bad parenting on the ex. As a parent I am limited to what I can control since I am not in state.

If I even thought there was a chance at custody I would go that route but have been told by multiple lawyers the chance of that happening would be slim and nil.
The bolded directly proves my point.

3Weymouthgirls

Stuff Happens

:rolleyes:

My response was entirely intelligent, and focused upon the best interests of your FIRST child.
Okay I get it since I try to support all my children I should have stayed unemployed and unable to meet my obligations. Sorry I divorced my ex wife not my child. I have to be a father to all. I stand by my comment concerning the intelligence of your original post

So attorneys have told you you have no shot at additional parenting time?
Some one more knowledgeable can say whether this is correct or not, but asking for a change in custody and asking for additional parenting time can be two very different things.
Long distance parenting plans that I have seen typically include 4-8 weeks of summer, every other or every spring break and rotating holidays.

Silverplum

Okay I get it since I try to support all my children I should have stayed unemployed and unable to meet my obligations. Sorry I divorced my ex wife not my child. I have to be a father to all. I stand by my comment concerning the intelligence of your original post
And, of course, I stand by all of my comments as well.

txmom512

All Silverplum is saying is that what you're having to deal with is not to be unexpected. You made a choice.

Once you move away, you are no longer an everyday presence in your child's life. And her life has gone on without you.

And even though you don't see it, your daughter probably has a lot of resentment towards you abandoning her for your 'new' family...

ProSeDadinMD

Some one more knowledgeable can say whether this is correct or not, but asking for a change in custody and asking for additional parenting time can be two very different things.
Long distance parenting plans that I have seen typically include 4-8 weeks of summer, every other or every spring break and rotating holidays.
The bolded is correct. Dad absolutely CAN file for additional time.

3Weymouthgirls

Not what I said

I was referring to custody not additional time. I admit to being way to much of a pushover to avoid alienating my daughter. I do have alternating school vacations and summer time. My ex really controls summer visits because my daughter is into multiple activities and I want her to be happy

Silverplum

I was referring to custody not additional time. I admit to being way to much of a pushover to avoid alienating my daughter. I do have alternating school vacations and summer time. My ex really controls summer visits because my daughter is into multiple activities and I want her to be happy
This is too easy. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">