• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My degree is not accepted by Gov Organization its for and the school knew it wouldn't

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Proserpina

Out of curiosity, does anyone here ever give out helpful advice or was this site a joke set up by attorneys to frustrate people to the point of seeking professional legal representation?

Either way, you win. I'll call the attorney back and ask him if he'll take payments.

You're kidding ... right?

Anonymouse319

I wasn't expecting much, but a, "This word should be this," or, "you don't need this here," would have been helpful. Instead, all I got was pithy sayings and sarcasm, which is probably the exact opposite of what someone needs when they come to a site like this. Looking through the other pages and past posts, it would seem that is all most people get here. I'll seek out a professional. Thank you all for your time.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
This site is for general information on legal issues. When I critique letters, I get paid for it.

quincy

Anonymouse319, I think you received good advice.

What you expected forum members to do in helping you draft your letter, however, would be considered "practicing law." For those who post here who are not attorneys, that would be practicing law without a license and, for those who post here who are attorneys, that would be unethical. The forum's ability to offer help has limits and when those limits are reached, it is time to consult with an attorney in your area who can personally review all facts and advise you accordingly.

If money is an issue, you might find a legal aid clinic or a law school clinic available to help you draft your letter. You might also consider purchasing just an hour or two of an attorney's time to get the letter drafted. A letter sent on attorney letterhead may have a greater impact on the recipient of the letter - although, quite frankly, I am thinking a letter alone is not going to resolve your problem.

Many alternatives were provided to you by forum members willing to assist you as much as they can, given the constraints of the forum, and you may wish to reread the thread to see what these alternatives are and if any one of them can work for you.

With all of that said, I think a "thank you" to the professionals who volunteered their time to address your concerns would be a far more appropriate response than the disdain you are showing.

Good luck.

You Are Guilty

This site is for general information on legal issues. When I critique letters, I get paid for it.
And when you write letters, you get charged with the unlicensed practice of law.

OP needs more help than this, or any other website, can ever provide.

ecmst12

I already graduated with an MD, so there is no way to go back and take more classes in the right location.
Sure you could. People take classes for no credit and/or outside of a program all the time.

Also, I'm not asking them to change my transcript, only the way it is calculated to match the way in which the GMC calculates the totals. The So school's way of calculating my transcript is the old, no longer approved way
This makes no sense. Either you have the required hours/classes, or you don't. There should not be any funny math or fudging of numbers either way.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And when you write letters, you get charged with the unlicensed practice of law.

OP needs more help than this, or any other website, can ever provide.
With regards to the first sentence, not the way I do it. My degree is in writing; one of my job duties is to review letters and other documents written by my co-workers; not for law or legal issues - we're not a law firm. But for spelling, grammar, use of language, accuracy etc.

With regards to the second sentence, say it twice, brother.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I already graduated with an MD, so there is no way to go back and take more classes in the right location.
Well... Most professionals continue their education to stay on top of new developments in the field. What is the "rigt" location, and why can you not take classes there?

Dave1952

I find your proposed letter to be very unclear. You want St. Matthews to do something to your transcript. You do not tell them what should be done. You need to be very specific and clear about what you want them to do. If you did your surgical rotation at CIH but they list you doing it somewhere in Fla. I think they'll be receptive to correcting such an error. On the other hand, if you wish them to lie that may not happen.
I'd urge you to draw up a list of the changes that you desire and have someone else determine whether those changes will help with the program's application process. Then write the letter and have someone proofread it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">