• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

step-mom rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shay-Pari'e

she has worked in ER and IMCU and ICU as well as the surgical unit- Plus while we were there she talked up a storm with the triage nurse who also helps admit
So your mother knew you were not married? You my dear are a liar. You just joined today, and I just posted your profile.

I have an honest question here not trying to add to of the bees in the hive getting all stirred up, but my girlfriend and husband left their son with me when they went on vacation, during a soccer match his leg was broken. I signed all the papers and only had a letter from the parents stating I could make decisions for him (they were in Hawaii). This was not a "formal" power of attorney, yet the doctors/nurses all knew I was not his parent. So I honestly and non-confortation ask what is the difference? I enjoy learning from all of you... Thank you in advance, because I truly do not know the difference of an "offical POA" and the letter written by his mom....

Shay-Pari'e

I have an honest question here not trying to add to of the bees in the hive getting all stirred up, but my girlfriend and husband left their son with me when they went on vacation, during a soccer match his leg was broken. I signed all the papers and only had a letter from the parents stating I could make decisions for him (they were in Hawaii). This was not a "formal" power of attorney, yet the doctors/nurses all knew I was not his parent. So I honestly and non-confortation ask what is the difference? I enjoy learning from all of you... Thank you in advance, because I truly do not know the difference of an "offical POA" and the letter written by his mom....
Big diference, that was an emergency . They would have treated the boy either way.

CourtClerk

My son's doctor's office will take a note signed by me (his parent - obviously) giving authorization to have someone else take him in for a visit. Doesn't have to be notorized, nothing. It does, however, need to match the signatures already in his chart.

My son's school however, will not as much as admit my son sneezed to someone... other than me.

TCool

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere OG is a lawyer (right?). So, does anyone else find it funny that a person is telling a lawyer that she knows more because she has been in a certain situation and knows a nurse?

Btw, my mother is a registered nurse. So I guess I'm a lawyer now too, huh?

Just Blue

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere OG is a lawyer (right?). So, does anyone else find it funny that a person is telling a lawyer that she knows more because she has been in a certain situation and knows a nurse?

Btw, my mother is a registered nurse. So I guess I'm a lawyer now too, huh?
My Mom went to Harvard Med School for 2 years...Does that make me a paralegal???:confused:

TCool

My Mom went to Harvard Med School for 2 years...Does that make me a paralegal???:confused:
I suppose. I forgot to mention that my mom is not only a nurse, but works in a birthing center. So, that must mean I know everything there is to know about laws that relate to children. Right? I don't know why I bothered going back to school, I just need to get some cases, get in court, and start making some money!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">