• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended for file on Jumpdrive called "How to Make a Pipe Bomb.txt"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

I am a big believer in freedom of all kind, but schools have had blocks on their computers for years now, to prevent kids from wandering onto sites like the ones you've visited. It is an unfortunate but necessary precaution in this day and age.

Maryland laws and county codes will not prohibit you from having a copy of The Anarchist's Handbook, but school rules and policies can legally prevent you from having it in school.

Research that is not school-related can, and should, be done at home.

xylene

Perhaps pipe bomb makers should test them on themselves, just to see what it is they're cooking.
Ever seen that 20/20 and Nova episodes were they interview senior Palestinian bomb makers...

You know its bad when not a single person being interview has an even number of fingers.

Its really bad when you have an odd number of nasal passages.

And that what "playing" with explosives gets you.

xylene

I dunno what you're up to, but I find it ugly, xylene. And a wee bit crazy, too. Med time?
Ugly and crazy are right wing Christians plans to the United States into a theocracy. (or thinly veiled one.)

Those people who died were human beings, and their are numerous voices who use them a martyrs to the cause of a Chrisitan republic. America doesn't have martyrs.

Silverplum

Ugly and crazy are right wing Christians plans to the United States into a theocracy. (or thinly veiled one.)

Those people who died were human beings, and their are numerous voices who use them a martyrs to the cause of a Chrisitan republic. America doesn't have martyrs.
Okey doke.

Just FYI: Also dead...12 Columbine students and 1 teacher. All innocents, too. :(

quincy

We had a kid in Michigan who built an atomic bomb in his backyard shed from directions found in a book - he was covered with radiation burns, but no one believed him when he said he was building an atomic bomb. :rolleyes: He eventually blew up the shed and the entire area was evacuated. Radiation levels in his neighborhood (empty now) are still high, and this was YEARS ago.

And yet I still vigorously support the right for books like these to be on store and library shelves. Better than banning and burning.

xylene

We had a kid in Michigan who built an atomic bomb in his backyard shed from directions found in a book - he was covered with radiation burns, but no one believed him when he said he was building an atomic bomb. :rolleyes: He eventually blew up the shed and the entire area was evacuated. Radiation levels in his neighborhood (empty now) are still high, and this was YEARS ago.

And yet I still vigorously support the right for books like these to be on store and library shelves. Better than banning and burning.
I'm familiar with that story.

He wasn't building a atomic bomb, he was building a nuclear reactor... :)

For a boy scout merit badge.;)

PS-There was no explosion, the fire department came as the device (mostly tin foil and thorium) was smouldering. Pretty big clean up, shed torn down... I wans't aware the entire neighborhood was abandoned.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

You got the story skewed a bit: He wasn't building a bomb, and he wasn't working from a "book". And, he didn't blow up the shed (he did cause an explosion in the basement, but the house remained)

http://www.dangerouslaboratories.org/radscout.html

CdwJava

What?!?

As a card-carrying member of the religious right, I can tell you that there are no such plans nor would any but the most whacko fringe elements of the American Christian community even consider such a thing.

We are about as far from a theocracy as one could possibly get in this country.

Also, Columbine and school terrorism has NOTHING to do with "right wing" Christian dogma ... I am at a loss how you are remotely connecting the two.

- Carl

quincy

Ah, yes. My brain cells are rapidly deteriorating. I read about it in the book The Radioactive Boy Scout. . . .obviously not real well. :eek: Can I blame my fact-checkers for this one?

Last edited:

xylene

I am at a loss how you are remotely connecting the two.
The connection is widely made in the often touted stories that pair targeted and killed Christians is widely presented in rhetoric that America is a sick country in need of Christ (and strict enforcement of uterine conduct...).

This is all over Christian telelvision, from Kirk Cameron to Jack van Impe, ie the whole spectrum from family oreient non-treatening to faulty rapture predictions. This same rhetoric is picked up by politicians.

That is political exploitation of those who died.

CdwJava

The connection is widely made in the often touted stories that pair targeted and killed Christians is widely presented in rhetoric that America is a sick country in need of Christ (and strict enforcement of uterine conduct...).
Some people claim that aliens are controlling our leaders ... doesn't make it true.

What a handful of people might say, and what the vast majority believe, are different issues.

Contrary to what you might think, it is NOT a commonly held view that the two targeted Christians ... though there are stories that they asked at least one girl to "choose" between life and Christ. And THAT story, whether true or not, makes for a great parable of faith and the challenges faced by many Christians in a hostile world.

And if being an essentially humanist society where professions of faith or displays of faith by many government officials can result in their dismissal is an example of a theocracy, I'd say you have some reading to do! When the 1st Amendment has been *******ized to equate to freedom FROM religion, you are about as far from a theocracy as one might get.

I. for one, would love to put God and Christ more in fore of public discourse. Understandably (though, sadly), my position prevents me from doing so while on duty and, very often, even while off duty. Because someone might say that I am somehow imposing a state religion by professing my faith, I cannot safely make such expressions in many environments. However, since I live and work in a predominantly Christian and conservative county, I would not likely see the ACLU on my tail, but all it takes is one complaint and I could lose my job ... how about you?

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">