• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended for file on Jumpdrive called "How to Make a Pipe Bomb.txt"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Sorry, Carl - I am going to insert in here something about the "radioactive kid" from Michigan and then you can continue trying to convince Xylene that we are not WAY too close to a theocracy in this country. Long live Intelligent Design in the science classrooms. ;)

The reason my brain even focused on this "kid" from Michigan finally hit me. I did not remember much from the book about him (I think I read it 3 years ago or so), but he WAS just in the news again. He was arrested last month attempting to steal 16 smoke detectors from a building. He pled guilty and is going to be sentenced on October 4. This "kid" is now 31 and he is STILL trying to build a nuclear reactor, this time in his apartment in the same Township he grew up in (his old neighborhood is still showing higher than normal radiation levels, but people still live in the vicinity) and his face is covered with massive radiation sores.

Anyway, back to religion.

quincy

YAG, you are not implying, by any chance, that we have anything close to a religious dictatorship here in the U.S., are you? :eek:

(Stranger in a Strange Land was my favorite Heinlein)

19225-004

I don't think all the different sects/denominations of christianity could ever get along well enough to collaborate on a vast conspiracy to make the US an officially christian nation. Its a basic principle if christianity (and most religions) that they're supposed to try and get everyone to join them. Some people take the evangelism approach, which can be annoying but is the right way to go about it (although evangelism can go wrong). Some try to vote religious dogma into law. They have minor victories sometimes, but I don't really view it as a big threat. Maybe if I were gay and I didn't think marriage in general was silly I would view it differently, though. I don't think Jesus would approve of a theocracy. If you're a christian, you probably believe that God gave us free will and a tree of knowledge so that we would have a choice about worshipping him or not, so that the people who do choose him have a real commitment rather than being mindless drones who only submit to him because there's no other alternative. A theocracy is just man trying to do away with the free will and the tree of knowledge that God gave us. I don't think he would approve of that.

*edit* on topic-
While I think you should be allowed to have whatever you want on YOUR jump drive, especially if you don't distribute the bomb-making instructions to other students at school, we live in an excessively terrorism-concerned society (wait...doesn't that mean the terrorists are winning?) and I doubt many people would agree with us. Schools can be pretty arbitrary about what they punish you for, and this is definitely something they can legitimately suspend you over. On another note, try to avoid anti-personnel bombs that kill people with shrapnel. In my opinion, plain old concussion bombs and incendiaries are much nobler, as long as they're used on unoccupied buildings.

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

I don't think all the different sects/denominations of christianity could ever get along well enough to collaborate on a vast conspiracy to make the US an officially christian nation. Its a basic principle if christianity (and most religions) that they're supposed to try and get everyone to join them. Some people take the evangelism approach, which can be annoying but is the right way to go about it (although evangelism can go wrong). Some try to vote religious dogma into law. They have minor victories sometimes, but I don't really view it as a big threat. Maybe if I were gay and I didn't think marriage in general was silly I would view it differently, though. I don't think Jesus would approve of a theocracy. If you're a christian, you probably believe that God gave us free will and a tree of knowledge so that we would have a choice about worshipping him or not, so that the people who do choose him have a real commitment rather than being mindless drones who only submit to him because there's no other alternative. A theocracy is just man trying to do away with the free will and the tree of knowledge that God gave us. I don't think he would approve of that.
You don't think God would approve of what? How the hell did this thread get so off track and into religion?

We believe what we believe, period. Don't make this thread into religion. Don't tell us what God would approve of. It is about a kid who got suspended from school when he was looking at a file that remotely got shot down.

Mindless drones?

Take it to another board, this is not the forum for your crappola.

Silver? It is Friday, and I need the Rum Pudding.

Shay-Pari'e

Reading this whole thread I realize I am gratefull to be agnostic. I said it, I stand behind it. I am agnostic.

Prove it, and I will believe.

Now back to to the OP.

CdwJava

And I am grateful to see the wonders of His works, and to know the bounty of His grace. :)

I have seen, and I do believe. :D

- Carl

Shay-Pari'e

And I am grateful to see the wonders of His works, and to know the bounty of His grace. :)

I have seen, and I do believe. :D

- Carl
Carl, please do not take this wrong. I am not an athiest, and I also have seen the wonders.

I am agnostic.

I do not need four walls to know my God. I am done with religion, I have been for a very long time, it is not that I do not believe, but just sick of the many religions.

I believe what I believe, and all I am doing at this point is adding to a thread about a kid with a pipe bomb on his computer.

Signing out.

19225-004

I don't get it, Shay-Pari'e
Are you seriously blaming me for derailing this topic? people were talking about religion for 2 pages before I even looked at this. I'm sorry you were unable to comprehend my post but taking 2 words out of context and referring to my views as "crappola", making a double post on the topic of religion, and then ending it with "now, back to the OP" without actually saying anything relevant to the OP is hypocritical, and removing the part of my post that is about the OP so you can flame me for going off-topic (even though, as I mentioned before, you have yet to say anything on-topic) is dishonest and unnecessarily hostile.

I dunno why you would say "we believe what we believe, period" to someone who wrote an entire paragraph against imposing religious views on people. More evidence that you just don't understand what I'm talking about, I guess.

Also, adding bold and italics to everything you say is gaudy. Those tags are actually for adding emphasis to words or phrases, not for use as christmas lights to decorate your post with. And one more thing - who gave you the authority to kick people off message boards?

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

I don't get it, Shay-Pari'e
Are you seriously blaming me for derailing this topic? people were talking about religion for 2 pages before I even looked at this. I'm sorry you were unable to comprehend my post but taking 2 words out of context and referring to my views as "crappola", making a double post on the topic of religion, and then ending it with "now, back to the OP" without actually saying anything relevant to the OP is hypocritical, and removing the part of my post that is about the OP so you can flame me for going off-topic (even though, as I mentioned before, you have yet to say anything on-topic) is dishonest and unnecessarily hostile.

I dunno why you would say "we believe what we believe, period" to someone who wrote an entire paragraph against imposing religious views on people. More evidence that you just don't understand what I'm talking about, I guess. Maybe I missed it, but it sure sounded the other way around.Also, adding bold and italics to everything you say is gaudy. Those tags are actually for adding emphasis to words or phrases, not for use as christmas lights to decorate your post with. WOW, I type like this on this forum all the time. Spank me, ok Are you the intenet police??

Sorry I am so Gawdy in your eyes. Like I care.

no you were not the first to bring up religion on this post, but you certainly sounded like someone thinking within their own box.

I don't give a crap what or who you are, but you in fact did make the OP's thread into religion. Everyone else conceded, but here you come along with a whopping post history of what?

Everyone was wrong in this thread by making it a religious issue.

PS. Posting bold italics is not gaudy. Figure that one out yourself.

Last edited:

ScreamingEagle

Columbine.
Columbine.
Columbine.
Columbine.
Columbine.

That's all I have to say to you, dude. And that's all the law enforcement types are gonna be thinking when they deal with you. That, and being glad they caught you before you blew up the school.
Sorry sir, but I would never blow up my school.

There was no malicious intent with the information. So you guys are saying that I should be charged as a terrorist? People learn stuff like this by watching TV. Should we charge TV Production companies as terrorists and lock them away?

Also, in my biology class my teacher taught the class about naturally occurring anthrax (where it is). Does that mean he is a terrorist for telling people where to go find anthrax?

(horrid example I know)

Last edited:

ScreamingEagle

I am a big believer in freedom of all kind, but schools have had blocks on their computers for years now, to prevent kids from wandering onto sites like the ones you've visited. It is an unfortunate but necessary precaution in this day and age.

Maryland laws and county codes will not prohibit you from having a copy of The Anarchist's Handbook, but school rules and policies can legally prevent you from having it in school.

Research that is not school-related can, and should, be done at home.

Thank you for coming up with a productive answer, instead of arguing about religion and calling me a terrorist.

xylene

Thank you for coming up with a productive answer, instead of arguing about religion and calling me a terrorist.
You can listen to Quincy and bring up the Anarchist Cookbook and the first ammendment, :rolleyes:

Or you can act like you are ignorant of your intent (to experiment with fire) and be very apologetic. Hysterical crying.

Which one will get you farther. Crying.

Sorry. This is a school board discipline hearing. They aren't going to give a crap about the constitution or law. And you can take that to the bank. This isn't a trial. This isn't court. You have already been found GUILTY. The punishment is the only issue....

CdwJava

The school has every right to take action on this matter. While it does not appear to be criminal, the schools ARE going to be sensitive to this ... and don't be surprised if the police DO start snooping around. After Columbine and that tragedy's copycat shootings, the police everywhere were criticized for NOT taking seriously, discoveries of threatening blogs, books, and computer files that they were aware of. So, now, each such incident tends to get a lot of scrutiny just to see if there IS something there.

The courts grant the authorities a great deal of leeway in ensuring the safety of the schools and students. You made a poor decision to download and view this stuff at school and now you will pay a price for it.

Your parents an appeal your suspension decision through whatever process is available to them. If they do not get satisfaction, they can always hire an attorney and try and take the district to court. But, remember that you are guaranteed due process - you are NOT guaranteed an end result you agree with.

- Carl

19225-004

I don't think anyone who tries to tell people what forums they can and cannot post on should accuse anyone else of acting like "internet police"

I don't appreciate being insulted or blamed for changing the subject of a post, especially by someone who still hasn't made a single on-topic reply. I didn't do anything to provoke your immature attacks, so I'm guessing you just disagree with something I said and can't put together a thoughtful argument.
Everyonone else conceded, but here you come along with a whopping post history of what?
Why else would you resort to insulting people based on their post count?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">