• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended for file on Jumpdrive called "How to Make a Pipe Bomb.txt"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Hey! Xylene!! What is this "You can listen to Quincy" and roll eyes all about??

I did not tell ScreamingEagle to bring up the First Amendment when he goes before the Hearing Officer and the principal of his school. Schools are not democracies - so a First Amendment argument would do ScreamingEagle very little good there.

I know enough about schools to know that schools teach their students about the freedoms we enjoy in this country (yay democracy), but I also know that students are not allowed to actually experience and enjoy any of these until they are older. And that, of course, includes the freedom to read anything that someone in power decides is inappropriate to read (I believe The Adventures of Huck Finn, The Color Purple, and To Kill a Mockingbird have all been considered inappropriate at various times in various schools).

I also know for a fact that hysterical crying is always the best course of action to take. It is an especially good technique when being pulled over for a traffic ticket. Right, Carl? :)

CdwJava

I also know for a fact that hysterical crying is always the best course of action to take. It is an especially good technique when being pulled over for a traffic ticket. Right, Carl? :)
Tears ... we HATE tears ... and if she's attractive, it works even better! :)

- Carl

Shay-Pari'e

I don't think anyone who tries to tell people what forums they can and cannot post on should accuse anyone else of acting like "internet police"

I don't appreciate being insulted or blamed for changing the subject of a post, especially by someone who still hasn't made a single on-topic reply. I didn't do anything to provoke your immature attacks, so I'm guessing you just disagree with something I said and can't put together a thoughtful argument.

Why else would you resort to insulting people based on their post count?
And again, in case you missed it,****************************..I don't care what you think. I'm glad the kid got caught. My baby is a Freshman and I love the fact that there is security all over her school. After school even, to make sure everyone has a healthy journey home.

As a parent, I would not want this kid in my daughters school.

He is suspended, and hopefully the school board will see to it that he is out of the district.

Is that productive enough for you?

PS. There is a mod on this forum, and you are not one of them.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Carl, please do not take this wrong. I am not an athiest, and I also have seen the wonders.

I am agnostic.

I do not need four walls to know my God. I am done with religion, I have been for a very long time, it is not that I do not believe, but just sick of the many religions.
Then, dear, you are not agnostic.

Ozark_Sophist

My high school library had book(s) that described how to make several types of bombs, including an ammonia-based bomb from stale urine. I think OP's school went a little overboard.

CdwJava

However, the lessons of hindsight and litigation has resulted in these reactions. Columbine schools and law enforcement were sued because they did NOT act on similar actions by the killers there long before the slayings ... the end result being that schools will err on the side of caution and they have every right and encouragement to do so. If they failed to act, and the school suffered an attack by this kid, we'd all be here now saying the school should have done something.

Schools have learned through litigation. They are less likely to be penalized for over-reacting than they are for under-reacting. Ah, ya gotta love the litigious society.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">