• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is primary residential custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

majomom1

and what do you think the judge will say?
Listen to Silver... that one post of yours is the best one yet. That is the attitude that you have to take when in court. You have to prove him unfit before you can take away his visitations. And you will have to prove that he didn't come for visitation. Your moving and that you stopped taking the kids will look bad. With that, no one knows what will happen. But if you go into court, with an argumentative attitude - you will get canned - no matter what HE did.

penelope10

I think we loaned the FA crystal ball to the other site. Theirs was in the shop and they had an emergency.
Personally, I prefer the Magic Eight Ball....

But seriously, visitation is a right---you cannot force someone to visit their children, all you can do is what the court has ordered FOR YOU to do.

What the ex does, his family members etc. is out of your control.

Mitzie1217

i understand that about the visit but what am i suspose to do if he has me running around and not showing up for his visits I am not forcing him him to see his kids i am not telling him he has to all i am saying is he is making the big deal about the visit not me and he isn't showing up.i had no problen\m bring them but dont have me come all the way there if ur not gonna show.I am not some toy that he can play with I have a life and 2 kids I have toworry about he is a grown man he needs to get his **** straight all he is doin is playing games he finds this all funny

penelope10

i understand that about the visit but what am i suspose to do if he has me running around and not showing up for his visits I am not forcing him him to see his kids i am not telling him he has to all i am saying is he is making the big deal about the visit not me and he isn't showing up.i had no problen\m bring them but dont have me come all the way there if ur not gonna show.I am not some toy that he can play with I have a life and 2 kids I have toworry about he is a grown man he needs to get his **** straight all he is doin is playing games he finds this all funny
What you need to do is to document each and every time he does not show up for his visitation and bring these records, and all other important records with you to court.

You said that he is interested in getting unsupervised visitation---have you been served yet to appear in court? You need to get legal advice (other than from this forum). Check and see if legal aide is available for you, and if not, check with the nearest law school in your area. Often times these schools provide services to individuals that cannot afford to hire an attorney themselves and no legal aide is available.

Good luck.

Mitzie1217

yes he filed papers for court we are suspose to go to ccourt on April 1st but I was going to postpone it so I can see if I can get a legal aide lawyer and so i can file for sole custody of the children.He is not allowed by law to have unsupervised visits because he is a sex offender.I was told by his parole officer that if I left him alone with the kids for any period of time that i would get into trouble and that I could possibily have them taken away from me

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Freakin' file for a modification requiring him to notify you if he intends to exercise his visitation. He doesn't contact you, you don't have to go to the meeting place. Until you get that mod, you go to the meeting place every blessed time and document it. Seriously - this is NOT rocket science.

Mitzie1217

i undersand there was times he would tell me he is on his way and then have me waiting and never showed up he has one that more then once 2 him this is a game

Mitzie1217

he doesn't do what he is suspose to do and he thinks all of thisis funny.He thinks hecan just pop in and out of th kids life whenever he feels like it.There is timesh didn't come down cuz he was hung over from the night b4.

Mitzie1217

I understand what you are sayin but what happens when he tells me he is on hs way down and to meet him and then I get there and he doesnt show.Or he does one of my favorites he wants to only take one and ot the other and thenhs the other one crying cuz his father doesnt want to take him

penelope10

he doesn't do what he is suspose to do and he thinks all of thisis funny.He thinks hecan just pop in and out of th kids life whenever he feels like it.There is timesh didn't come down cuz he was hung over from the night b4.
This is a legal forum ---I understand that he is not doing what he is supposed to do. But there is nothing that I, you, or anyone else on this forum can do to make him do what he's supposed to.

Your legal question has been answered---

1. Hire an attorney.

2. If you cannot afford to hire an attorney seek legal aide.

3. If no legal aide is available---contact the nearest law school to see about getting legal
help.

I wish you well,

Penelope :)

Melanie80

mitzie

I really don't think she understands. And I hope she finds someone to fill out the proper forms for her because her spelling is awful. Sorry, but it is...

mommyof4

No.....

Who said you were stupid? The fact that your communication skills and spelling skills leave something to be desired was pointed out, but nowhere do I see anyone calling you stupid.

What I do see is someone who is deliberately being obstinate and bull headed in refusing to pay any attention or comprehend what has been posted for you.

None of us can hire an atty for you, fill out the forms for you, gag you when you go to court, or force you to comply with the order. YOU need to pull up your big girl panties and deal with this like a mature adult who has two children to care for instead of acting like a little girl who takes her toys and goes home when she doesn't get her way.

Get an atty. YOU NEED ONE.

I'm done trying to get you to understand anything. It is apparent that you are going to continue to whine and kvetch about everything instead of handling the issues in the proper LEGAL manner.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">