• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Holiday visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? for dc

What is the best solution for a holiday schedule for a toddler not quite 2yrs old. NCP wants child form xmas eve to new years day. I say

Thanksgiving: 6pm wednesday until 6pm Thanksgiving day.

Xmas: 6pm xmas eve to 6pm xmas day.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state? for dc

What is the best solution for a holiday schedule for a toddler not quite 2yrs old. NCP wants child form xmas eve to new years day. I say

Thanksgiving: 6pm wednesday until 6pm Thanksgiving day.

Xmas: 6pm xmas eve to 6pm xmas day.
And then next year he gets the child from 6pm Thanksgiving day to Sunday night and the child from 6pm xmas day until New Years day.
Seems fair to me.

Silverplum

I am still trying to figure out why toddlers can't be with their fathers the same amount of time as with their mothers. That damn GU.
It IS the GU. And, of course, the GU also confers Superior Rights to the GU's side of the family. ;) :rolleyes:

well what I initially wanted was an extended weekend holiday for Thanksgiving every other year. And for xmas, sharing the day. One parents gets from xmas eve 6pm to xmas day 3pm. Other parent gets xmas day 3pm to dec. 26 6pm until the child reaches the age of five. Every other year, one parent gets xmas eve and the other takes the 2nd half. I think it is only fair that we both have some time on xmas day.

LdiJ

well what I initially wanted was an extended weekend holiday for Thanksgiving every other year. And for xmas, sharing the day. One parents gets from xmas eve 6pm to xmas day 3pm. Other parent gets xmas day 3pm to dec. 26 6pm until the child reaches the age of five. Every other year, one parent gets xmas eve and the other takes the 2nd half. I think it is only fair that we both have some time on xmas day.
Actually a more common division if you are splitting the actually holiday, for Christmas, is 6PM Xmas eve until noon on Christmas day, and noon on Christmas day until whenever, depending on the rest of the holiday schedule.

Eventually, you are going to have to split "Christmas break" in half. A common division is one parent gets the first week, and one gets the second, and whoever's week does not include Christmas, gets noon to 9 PM on Christmas Day.

A common split for Thanksgiving weekend is that one parent gets Wednesday evening to Thanksgiving Day at 5 or 6 PM, and the other gets the rest of the holiday weekend, then it reverses the next year.

One parent getting from Christmas Eve to New Years Day is not a fair division of the holiday.

that sounds like a good idea. the problem is, the other parent wants a week long visitation on xmas. I am asking him to wait until the child is older to have longer extended days from home. EOW and EOH is fair, but not long extended visitations until DC reaches the age of 5

Silverplum

that sounds like a good idea. the problem is, the other parent wants a week long visitation on xmas. I am asking him to wait until the child is older to have longer extended days from home. EOW and EOH is fair, but not long extended visitations until DC reaches the age of 5
Why? Because he's incompetent? Because you conceived the child all by yourself?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm only allowed 10, or you'd have many more.

because we both want to spend time with DC. If its not so uncommon to split the holiday, what is so bad aobut that? as previous poster suggested?

Silverplum

because we both want to spend time with DC. If its not so uncommon to split the holiday, what is so bad aobut that? as previous poster suggested?
That's not what I asked. :rolleyes: No one is answering questions today. Is there ILLOGIC in the air now? Pumped into the actual air by terrorists? :rolleyes:

WHY do YOU get MORE time than DAD in your cute little plan?
Why?
Why?
Why?

(Should you not enjoy this line of questioning, or the way it is presented, you may wish to keep in mind that a JUDGE will NOT be pleased with your me-me-mine attitude towards the child you did not conceive all by your ownself.)

Why? Because he's incompetent? Because you conceived the child all by yourself?

I'm only allowed 10, or you'd have many more.
Yes, he is incompetent. I did not concieve the child all by myself. I am just the only one who decided to keep the child. And according to what he initially told the judge, he believes I concieved the child all by myself.:)

Silverplum

Yes, he is incompetent. I did not concieve the child all by myself. I am just the only one who decided to keep the child. And according to what he initially told the judge, he believes I concieved the child all by myself.:)
You do not grasp sarcasm. That's a shame.

Take it to the judge/hire an attorney. We can't help you if you refuse to acknowledge your child has another parent. :rolleyes:

LdiJ

Hon, your child is two now, but next Christmas your child will be three or close to three, and while you might not be ready for it, there is no reason why a 3 year old cannot spend a week at a time with dad. At three, he or she will be old enough to understand what is going on.

If you want to make things better for your child, then work on dad spending some longer stretches of time with the child between now and next Christmas. Encourage dad to spend a few 4 or 5 days weekends with the child, so that a week won't such a big change for the child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">