• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What should I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Mistakes

OK, I do, too, and have no idea where that comes from. Do you? LOL!
Not a clue! LOL

Only thing I can come up with is that their . . . uh . . . bodily gas explosions are so loud that they knock stuff off the wall. :D

I'm so proud of my little fart knockers!

penelope10

Just goes to show that everyone has their own idea of appropriate family nicknames. And as long as it's kept in the family and the kiddos know that it's to be kept in the family than everything is fine.

We had a relative who was a real cut up and loved to say this-- particularly around the kiddos. If he burped by accident he'd say, "Sorry I meant to fart." Boy, did the kids love that saying. The problem was that they loved it so much that they started to say it in PUBLIC. It had to be pointed out that what is said behind closed doors at home isn't always the best thing to say around others.:p

happybug

recently I've called her a big fat smelly cow and I tell her to stop eating so much and to stop drinking so much beer. Some people think that is so bad and I'm gonna hurt my sisters feelings, but she just laughs and says "I'm pregnant, what's yer excuse?"

Please, tell me you are not telling your pregnant sister to stop drinking so much beer!

About a year ago I started calling my 17 year old DA. This stands for Dumb A$$. I was shortened to DA because I won't call him the full name in front of the 2 and 4 year old siblings. It is said joking and with affection. The name came about the day I had to go to court with him. ( Every mother's dream ) He got a ticket for riding his skateboard without a helmet. This was something I had discussed with him at least 200 times before he got the ticket, so I was a bit annoyed. However, he is generally a great kid. He knows how much I love him and how proud I am to be his mom. It was just the joke of the day and stuck. Anyway, if anyone should be called a DA, it would be a teenage boy. Mine or anyone else's.

Last edited:

TCool

Ya, I told her to stop drinking beer. She wasn't actually drinking beer tho, it's a joke. Ya ever notice how guys with extreme beer guts look like they're pregnant? Or, is that only a WI thing? :p

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Not a clue! LOL

Only thing I can come up with is that their . . . uh . . . bodily gas explosions are so loud that they knock stuff off the wall. :D

I'm so proud of my little fart knockers!
I've told The Child that if we were registered members of a Native American tribe, her name would have to be Pootin' Bottom. :p

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Ya, I told her to stop drinking beer. She wasn't actually drinking beer tho, it's a joke. Ya ever notice how guys with extreme beer guts look like they're pregnant? Or, is that only a WI thing? :p
No, it's not. But the smart(arsed) gutted guys will say they're 'having a baby elephant, do you want to see the trunk?' :D

penelope10

Don't think it's just a WI thing. (Although my Dad was from WI and had the big belly thing--DeSoto).

Now it could be called an accessibility to good beer thing since WI is know for it's breweries;)

penelope10

Don't think it's just a WI thing. (Although my Dad was from WI and had the big belly thing--DeSoto).

Now it could be called an accessibility to good beer thing since WI is know for it's breweries;)
Sadly, the beer thing skipped a generation. I'm allergic to beer!:mad: Good thing being in TX I'm not allergic to tequila! I probably would have been driven out of the state from shame....as if having a kiddo that went to OU isn't bad enough!

I guess it's lucky for the 25 year that went to OU she didn't inherit that allergy. Now she and her sorority sisters could really pound some beers!:p (I used to call her my big head stinking do-do baby). Come to think of it That act alone may have caused her to turn out so bad. (The working 2 jobs and being financially independent).

Got the most beautiful flower arrangement from her today. Hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Last edited:

TCool

Yes, we have some good breweries here. New Glarus beer is the best, I feel bad for the rest of the country that they don't have access to it. :p

TCool

Update:

Mother did get her car fixed, babysitter fell through yesterday and about an hour ago I found out mother left bug(better nickname for my daughter? :p) in the car by herself. Mother claims it was only for a couple minutes, but admits to going into work before she knew her bf was coming out. So, I don't know if it really was only a couple of minutes or not, either way I'm not very happy about it. Oh, and the babysitter fell through again today.

Anyway, here is what I did. Hope I was smart about it all.

She claimed her boyfriend was off work today so that it wouldn't happen today. I heard him talking in the background so I'm guessing he actually is.

I told her if I find out it happens again we go back to strictly following court order, meaning she'd have to do 320 miles of driving every weekend if she wants to see her daughter during court specified visitation(me too unfortunately, but I'd rather do that then have her leaving bug in the car unattended)

I then called my sister to vent, cuz I was a lil unhappy (just a tad).

Then I called the police in her town and explained the situation to them. They are going to be having an officer drive through the parking lot at her work a few times between about 10 minutes before she starts work til about 10 minutes after she starts work.

Also, it is becoming apparant to me that mommy dearest is putting bug in the middle of this. As I was trying to explain to her why what she did is bad (I didn't even yell, I was very calm!) she started screaming at me. I then heard bug in the background yell "Stop fighting!" and then mother of the year goes "Then tell your daddy to stop being stupid!" Anyone else here have to deal with things like this (I'm sure there are)? I know there is not a whole lot I can do, but anyone have any (non-legal) advice about things I can do to try to avoid those types of situations? Anyone ever have any luck explaining to someone like this how that is bad for the child? If so, what'd ya say? I've tried everything! Even being nice isn't working anymore!!

TinkerBelleLuvr

I'm sure that if your X does the "leave the child in the car" stunt again and the police find her, it won't continue to be an issue. Sometimes it takes someone in a position of power (judges, police, etc) to explain that what you are doing is stupid; they'll believe them before the believe you.

As for you two, it seems that you may need to plan a 'communication' date maybe once every 4-6 weeks. That means the bug is no where around and you two meet in a neutral place (aka restaurant) to discuss issues. Since you are in public, I would hope that you both would/could be civil.

penelope10

I'm sure that if your X does the "leave the child in the car" stunt again and the police find her, it won't continue to be an issue. Sometimes it takes someone in a position of power (judges, police, etc) to explain that what you are doing is stupid; they'll believe them before the believe you.

As for you two, it seems that you may need to plan a 'communication' date maybe once every 4-6 weeks. That means the bug is no where around and you two meet in a neutral place (aka restaurant) to discuss issues. Since you are in public, I would hope that you both would/could be civil.
What helped a lot for me and the ex was using email. No fights that the kiddo could hear. And by the way I love the new Bug nickname. (I personally love Ladybugs. Dressed my Boston Terrier up as one for Halloween). Lil bit is now contrary to having her Halloween costume picked out---I mean how dare she, she's only THIRTEEN;)

Anyway, I like email because there's written proof of agreements etc. As someone so wisely pointed out to me, you can send the email to draft, and re -read before sending!:)

Last edited:

TCool

Ya, we used to try to getting together at a restaurant thing, but that just turns into a "I don't want to talk about anything" kind of thing. E-mail won't work, she has no internet. Maybe a car will work... like "oops, what did I just hit? Better back up to check!" (j/k :p)

Bug is what my mom calls her. My daughter has a ton of different nicknames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">