• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Humusluvr

Thank you everybody for your input and support.

Most of you have said it in your replys, I also have all the school supplies we need, I think, we have not received the list from the school yet, but we have the basics. The only reason I want her home is to get back into routine. She does not have her own bed at her father's house yet and sleeps with her 5-6 yr old step sister. I know she does not go to bed when told, she has told me so. She is NOT a morning person, as I am aslon not, so we need to be ready.

Unfortunetly, he has changed the weeks he wants her once already. And I have never had to deal with this issue before because he rarely took every other weekend before this year. Never has he taken her for more than a Sat-Sun visit. This is new since the new woman in his life. Now since I have stated we are sticking to the visitation schedule in the decree, he won't even speak to me. I don't know what to do.

Thank you for your advice!
Get your order modified with regards to communication (by email - the best, or written notice) and the two weeks in summer.

It stinks when communication breaks down, so you have to use your CO to clarify and keep the boundaries.

penelope10

Actually, it's not just Mobile, it's the whole state. First weekend in August, school starts in my district on the 7th. I'll do some late-night shopping to avoid the crowds. :p
Ours is for 3 days. I generally go on the 3rd day--it's not very crowded by then.:)

There's still tons of "cute stuff" left to buy for Lil Bit.

Humusluvr

Ours is for 3 days. I generally go on the 3rd day--it's not very crowded by then.:)

There's still tons of "cute stuff" left to buy for Lil Bit.
I would rather have paid the tax then been around all those greedy screaming idiots for that weekend!!! I thought it was highly obnoxious. But I guess I'm easily annoyed!

TinkerBelleLuvr

If the court order is SILENT on when notice must be given, it defers to the standards given by the state.

OP, in your case, I would go for a modification that you both could live with. You might want to see if you can get a whole weekend to yourself each month. In exchange, give dad some more time in the summer.

In addition, make sure you each have a couple weeks of uninterrupted parenting time so that both parent can go on vacation.

Go for notification some time in April. Go for something like, in even years, CP will select their two weeks first. In odd years, the NCP will select their two weeks (or however many weeks you want to negotiate.)

Make sure you clarify the dates from which it can be selected. In my state, it's the first weekend following the end of school. It ends one week before school starts.

penelope10

I would rather have paid the tax then been around all those greedy screaming idiots for that weekend!!! I thought it was highly obnoxious. But I guess I'm easily annoyed!
OMG, you've outed me---could it be that I too am a screaming obnoxious idiot???? (Besides at the FORUM parties?):p

Penelope ponders for a minute...."Naw, just a cheap skate.":p

Did I hear the word SALE earlier?;)

cntryhrt

LOL..too funny..I HATE shopping so last year when stores were having sales..I bought double!! I have plenty in stock!

Thank you again for the clarifications...I have sent an email to an attorney, maybe sit down and try to figure out what I need to do first! In the mean time I think I will try to find information on what my state has set for time to request visitation..or what ever it may be called in legal jargon!

Happy shopping to those who love it!! I will think of you when I'm sitting at home!! :p

Isis1

OMG, you've outed me---could it be that I too am a screaming obnoxious idiot???? (Besides at the FORUM parties?):p

Penelope ponders for a minute...."Naw, just a cheap skate.":p

Did I hear the word SALE earlier?;)
a cheap skate is someone who has the money, but doesn't want to spend it. frugal is spending your money wisely :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">