• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nana going against Parental wishes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LdiJ

it's my fault for what? her being a biggot? maybe i should exspand my bitch about GM she is a biggot and speaks of such on almost every subject including trashing lesbians and she is one. I was hoping to let them know about it in my own way maybe one halloween night but to date they have gone to GM for halloween (great big 55+ park lots of nana's passing out lots of candy)
My neighbor's son is a cross dresser. He is also gay. He kept both items from his children (who lived with him, he only had his fun time during mom's visitation). He kept it from them all the way up until they were teens, and then it was MAJOR drama.

Had he introduced the whole concept to them when they were young, in an age appropriate way, they would have grown up with it and it would not have been such a "drama" when they found out.

Yes, its bad that Nana is being so spiteful and nasty. However, there is absolutely nothing at all that you can do to stop that. All you can do is as others have suggested, and take the wind out of Nana's sails by being open and honest (age appropriate) with the kids.

NHfather

I cannot for the life of me figure out why this hasn't been done before now - y'know?
I'm not a tranny i don't go to family gatherings dress in a skirt it is a kinky part of my life that franky is no one's business including my children should they know all my kinky games? What if i was into S&M should i sit them down and tell them i like to tie and be tied up? I can't believe how any of you see any different i really don't.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I can't either...But I am from a particularly "liberal" state. Although I wasn't brought up to be very open-minded. But I am.

My seven year old already knows about "different" lifestyles and same sex relationships. Age appropriate of course. ;)
I'm from a traditionally extremely conservative state. Raised in one of the more conservative Protestant religions.

What adult folks choose to do/call themselves without infringing on anyone else's rights aren't any of my business. If Richard and Thomas decide they want to be married yay for them. If the adult Susan decides she wants to people her bed with sheep, more power to her (as long as everyone involved is of consenting age).

And like my Yankee friend I've explained things to The Child (now twelve) in an age-appropriate manner.

Just Blue

I'm not a tranny i don't go to family gatherings dress in a skirt it is a kinky part of my life that franky is no one's business including my children should they know all my kinky games? What if i was into S&M should i sit them down and tell them i like to tie and be tied up? I can't believe how any of you see any different i really don't.
HOW did Granny know about this discrete "kinky" lifestyle of yours?

Just Blue

I'm from a traditionally extremely conservative state. Raised in one of the more conservative Protestant religions.

What adult folks choose to do/call themselves without infringing on anyone else's rights aren't any of my business. If Richard and Thomas decide they want to be married yay for them. If the adult Susan decides she wants to people her bed with sheep, more power to her (as long as everyone involved is of consenting age).

And like my Yankee friend I've explained things to The Child (now twelve) in an age-appropriate manner.
Good for you and GOOD for your children!! Although I would have to say say "poor sheep".:(:p

NHfather

nana found out when she sat in on ex's meeting with lawyer and he spilled it so to speak and yes as a ny good lawyer wold do he asked for any and all reasons you want a divorce and she used that as one. I can't see how this is just about me when my kids are being manipulated by gm for many things. we even had the n word issue come up with GM 3 years ago and there only 5 & 6 now so GM's biggotry has always been an issue. although i saked for legal advice and got it i was also looking for personal advice as well

Proserpina

nana found out when she sat in on ex's meeting with lawyer and he spilled it so to speak and yes as a ny good lawyer wold do he asked for any and all reasons you want a divorce and she used that as one. I can't see how this is just about me when my kids are being manipulated by gm for many things. we even had the n word issue come up with GM 3 years ago and there only 5 & 6 now so GM's biggotry has always been an issue. although i saked for legal advice and got it i was also looking for personal advice as well
So explain please how the children are being abused.

This is not a difficult question.

NHfather

So explain please how the children are being abused.

This is not a difficult question.
ok several months ago the kids came home from GM's. The first thing my Son said to me. GM says your a pervert. First thing out of his mouth, not hi Dad, not a huge for Dad, not we hade a ball at GM's Dad. But Nana says your a pervert. Do you think she pulling a single punch here? Do you see any good reason in any of the biggoted bull GM slings. The Court talks about what's in the best interest of the child. I don't see any interest being served other than GM's hatred, and to heep it upon My children or anyone else's for that matter is nothing short of abusive behavior. Trying to make Dad out to be some kind of perverted monster, freak, weardo what ever IS ABUSIVE PERIOD. There may not be anything unlawfull. But I can't believe any of you can sit here and ask where the abuse is coming from. Are any of you smarter than a fifth grader? I know i'm not a lawyer and i bearly got through High school How can everyone in the imideate family believe what GM is doing is abusive/wrong and none of you see it. god even my EX's BF sees the hurt and problems GM is causing and not just with My little secret, but with all her hatefull words this has always been an issue with me I come from a family where there is a bi racial marrage with 2 Black cousins. She couldn't even so respect of that so which ever one said it sounds like it's all about me me me because you read a few dificult words from a troubled man going through a tough time does not give you the inside track to my head.

mmmagique

My personal advice, as someone who talks to men who like to dress differently all the time...you're not that different.

I understand that this is part of your grown up time, but unfortunately, grandma is a bit of a witch.

Barring asking a judge to shut her trap or risk contempt of court, there's not much you can do now, except for to laugh. If the kids ask you about it, "what's that silly grandma been telling you now? Boy, some people really talk about funny stuff don't they? Hey...have you guys seen the new Twilight movie yet?"

Just take away her power. You can do it. You just need to take the "you" out of the equation. If you don't get upset about it, the kids won't either. Kids are great like that.

Proserpina

ok several months ago the kids came home from GM's. The first thing my Son said to me. GM says your a pervert. First thing out of his mouth, not hi Dad, not a huge for Dad, not we hade a ball at GM's Dad. But Nana says your a pervert. Do you think she pulling a single punch here? Do you see any good reason in any of the biggoted bull GM slings. The Court talks about what's in the best interest of the child. I don't see any interest being served other than GM's hatred, and to heep it upon My children or anyone else's for that matter is nothing short of abusive behavior. Trying to make Dad out to be some kind of perverted monster, freak, weardo what ever IS ABUSIVE PERIOD. There may not be anything unlawfull. But I can't believe any of you can sit here and ask where the abuse is coming from. Are any of you smarter than a fifth grader? I know i'm not a lawyer and i bearly got through High school How can everyone in the imideate family believe what GM is doing is abusive/wrong and none of you see it. god even my EX's BF sees the hurt and problems GM is causing and not just with My little secret, but with all her hatefull words this has always been an issue with me I come from a family where there is a bi racial marrage with 2 Black cousins. She couldn't even so respect of that so which ever one said it sounds like it's all about me me me because you read a few dificult words from a troubled man going through a tough time does not give you the inside track to my head.
You need to understand the legal definition of "abusive". It's not what you think.

Aside from that though what does Mom say about it?

Proserpina

That was me.

And it wasn't a few words I read; it was your complete posting history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">