• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Potential violation for urine analysis accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masonbackus

State: Connecticut

So I've been on felony for over a year now with no violations and at my last visit I accidentally knocked the cup into the sink as I was washing my hands and a little bit of water got in. I was hoping not enough to throw the test off for dilution because I am NOT concerned about the test results themselves. I don't know if I should call my probation officer before my next visit and try to explain it to him or what, but this was really just an unfortunate accident and just my luck. I have 10 years suspended and I don't want to go back to prison if the test comes back tampered with. What do I do?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

So I've been on felony for over a year now with no violations and at my last visit I accidentally knocked the cup into the sink as I was washing my hands and a little bit of water got in. I was hoping not enough to throw the test off for dilution because I am NOT concerned about the test results themselves. I don't know if I should call my probation officer before my next visit and try to explain it to him or what, but this was really just an unfortunate accident and just my luck. I have 10 years suspended and I don't want to go back to prison if the test comes back tampered with. What do I do?
Why didn't you advise the test administrators of the matter and ask for a fresh cup?

Masonbackus

Why didn't you advise the test administrators of the matter and ask for a fresh cup?
Because I wouldn't have been able to pee again and I had an appointment scheduled for after. And he had just talked to me about how after a year people tend to get comfortable and mess up so if I said "oops dropped my cup" after that he would've thought I was trying to get out of the test. If the lab is able to get results from the analysis still I figured I'd be fine because my urine was perfectly clean, should I call my probation officer or is it too late now? I have probation in 20 days

quincy

You probably would be smart to call your probation officer and explain what happened. He might believe it.

He also might order another test.

And, if the urine test results do not match up with your explanation, he potentially could violate you.

PayrollHRGuy

Because I wouldn't have been able to pee again and I had an appointment scheduled for after. And he had just talked to me about how after a year people tend to get comfortable and mess up so if I said "oops dropped my cup" after that he would've thought I was trying to get out of the test. If the lab is able to get results from the analysis still I figured I'd be fine because my urine was perfectly clean

If I had 10 years in prison hanging over my head I would have said, "Sorry I dropped my cup and it may have gotten water in it. I'll be sitting here until I can pee again."

What you did looks way more suspicious if an adulterated result comes back.

Masonbackus

You probably would be smart to call your probation officer and explain what happened. He might believe it.

He also might order another test.

And, if the urine test results do not match up with your explanation, he potentially could violate you.
If they can get results it would just be positive for marijuana but I have my medical card so its fine. What if he doesn't believe me? I feel like he's going to send me back to jail.I'm really close with him but I'm on a zero tolerance probation and he already cut me slack for a dirty urine once but it was almost a year ago

quincy

If they can get results it would just be positive for marijuana but I have my medical card so its fine. What if he doesn't believe me? I feel like he's going to send me back to jail.I'm really close with him but I'm on a zero tolerance probation and he already cut me slack for a dirty urine once but it was almost a year ago
If your urine sample is tainted and your probation officer doesn't believe your story, your probation is at risk.

How much risk is impossible to say. It depends on your probation officer. If I were to guess, I'd say that two tainted urine samples will not result in your probation being revoked. And I'd say that your probation officer may want you to test again, and more often in the future. And if a third test is not clean, you might find yourself facing prison again.

But those are guesses only.

Good luck.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If the conditions of your probation don't allow marijuana use, then your medical card is pretty irrelevant.

Masonbackus

If your urine sample is tainted and your probation officer doesn't believe your story, your probation is at risk.

How much risk is impossible to say. It depends on your probation officer. If I were to guess, I'd say that two tainted urine samples will not result in your probation being revoked. And I'd say that your probation officer may want you to test again, and more often in the future. And if a third test is not clean, you might find yourself facing prison again.

Good luck.
Thank you for your input

commentator

I've been involved with the correctional system, and I'm doggoned if I can see how you could spill your cup and actually get water IN it, instead of losing all the urine out of it. That was a neat trick. So your story stinks. If I were you, I'd let it go and trust to my luck, not volunteer such a silly weak story line to them ahead of time. They might let it go. But you can count on it, if you go in with that limp story (and that crap about how you were SOOOOO busy and had another appointment you just couldn't miss so you couldn't tell them and re test) you're definitely going to get retested, and suspected and probably violated sooner rather than later. Forgo the doobie. It's worth it not to go back.

Dubdidit361

Good luck.
With all due tespect quincy probation is no joke bud. 65 percent of people filling up jail cells are there waiting to go to court for motion to revoke hearings. Id say 75 percent of that 65 percent are there for technical violations. 50 percent of those violators arr there for 1 or maybe 2 failed test lol. Atleast here in this county they will try to revoke your probation for just about anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">