• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grades and transcripts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

efincherna11

Additionally, grades alone are not enough for honor society. My district requires 2 letters of recommendation from faculty, an essay from the applicant, participation in at least 3 students groups (clubs, sports, performance groups) in addition to those good grades and community service.

There are some current cases in neighboring Mississippi that OP might be interested in, especially if students affected at OP's son's school have been discriminated against based on race, for example.
This district only does grades and volunteering. and you are in must have an 90 average

efincherna11

I am not quite understanding you, so I hope that this is a typo.

It helps if we can understand at what point you believe that each "error" was introduced. Do they have an explanation for the discrepancy? If "yes", what is it? Do the other students affected have anything in common with your son that would indicate a type of discrimination?

Does your district have their gradebooks online that parents and students can access? Most districts do, at this point, have that for middle and high school students. If your district doesn't, then it should.

Focus more on the "loss of scholarships" than honor society. "Loss of scholarships" can be argued as a financial/monetary loss, and the damages more easily quantified ($) than the effects of not making honor society.
The errors came 10th grade. I started to check his transcript when he did not make the honor society. I started calculating the semester 1 and 2 grades and some did not equal the yearly average. He is the only minority and has been in the honor society every year except this one. Yes we do have the online grading access. But even his report cards are wrong As a parent I looked at the online and the paper copy but did not know the grades were wrong until his senior year which is now.

quincy

The errors came 10th grade. I started to check his transcript when he did not make the honor society. I started calculating the semester 1 and 2 grades and some did not equal the yearly average. He is the only minority and has been in the honor society every year except this one. Yes we do have the online grading access. But even his report cards are wrong As a parent I looked at the online and the paper copy but did not know the grades were wrong until his senior year which is now.
Your son is the only minority student but you say you believe other students are having the same grading issue. What is the common denominator between these students that make you think it could be a civil rights violation?

quincy

This is not just one error their are several at least 3. I know mistakes can be made but 3. I think this is civil due to the consent decree. Lee v Macon
I understand that you believe it is a violation - but I am afraid I still am not seeing it.

Try the ACLU link - although you might not get a speedy response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">