• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

14-year-old charged with terroristic threats

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tualha

The question is, will this kind of reaction prevent future dead school children or perhaps create even more in the future, due to multitudes of youth we are enraging with this kind of treatment? Being treated like a criminal does something to you.

Silverplum

The question is, will this kind of reaction prevent future dead school children or perhaps create even more in the future, due to multitudes of youth we are enraging with this kind of treatment? Being treated like a criminal does something to you.
Why are you going on and on and on? All you want is to excuse your son. You've vented. You've received advice. Move on.

Just Blue

Acting like a criminal is a sure fired way to being treated like a criminal. Get your son some help for his anger and control issues before he really hurts someone.

tualha

It's food for thought and something we need to think about - and many parents are infuriated by Zero Tolerance policies - just scour the internet on this subject. My son himself says, "They are trying to prevent problems, but they are also creating more by making a lof of kids mad."

Silverplum

It's food for thought and something we need to think about - and many parents are infuriated by Zero Tolerance policies - just scour the internet on this subject. My son himself says, "They are trying to prevent problems, but they are also creating more by making a lof of kids mad."
Your son says a lot of things...

I still say you're just trying to excuse him. The proof of whether you are right in your parenting methods will show pretty soon, and I am not hopeful for a good result. :(

Silverplum

Good for your kids, but YOU are still a grump. And I think my kids are the greatest too.
No, I don't mean I *think* they turned out great, or that they *will* turn out great.

They *did* turn out great. ;)

Whether or not you think I am a grump is of no matter. Some would LOL at the very idea. Others would agree.

CdwJava

There is no data to support that kind of a claim.

There are no "multitudes" of youth being enraged by this treatment, and they generally have rage or other problems already, so this response might be a cooling off or an opportunity to get help or resolve their issues before they explode.

And they are treated as a suspect because they have committed an act that can be criminal. One should no expect to be treated any less.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">