• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKO24

Jax, you make my lurking very difficult. I like to read THE LAW. I hate to read your opinions of dramatic ways to do things. People here are looking for LEGAL ADVICE. If they wanted drama, they would go to Youtube.

Why don't you take a lesson and just lurk in peace......
Very politely put, and conveys my thoughts exactly. Well done.

Jax - please take note of the quoted post and take on board the content - as an interested reader of these threads, I have found the majority of your posts close to intolerable over the last few days.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
that's something I haven't thought about...thank you!!

and in order for him to prove that he is the father...that would take lawyers and money right?
Please add the word LEGALLY in front of the statement about him not being the father. Because it can prevent her from getting child support back to birth if she "misleads" him in saying that. And that would be considered misleading him.

Here is a link to the Georgia code definition of harassment.

http://law.onecle.com/georgia/17/17-17-16.html

It also talks about temp restraining orders. Hope it helps. I searched under "Code of Georgia Harassment"

Hope it helps.
thanks!! I DEF. appreciate it! and will check it out....

i think that w/ my mom telling her not to call back that may fix it, but i'm gonna check it out and jot down the info just in case...

jaxpink

Jax, you make my lurking very difficult. I like to read THE LAW. I hate to read your opinions of dramatic ways to do things. People here are looking for LEGAL ADVICE. If they wanted drama, they would go to Youtube.

Why don't you take a lesson and just lurk in peace......
Puuuhhhlease get over it. I happened to call a friend to ask who was in a situation for harassment in GA. So maybe she gave wrong info. :) But seriously what i said is not dramatic.:)
If she keeps answering the calls she gets nowhere.

jaxpink

Very politely put, and conveys my thoughts exactly. Well done.

Jax - please take note of the quoted post and take on board the content - as an interested reader of these threads, I have found the majority of your posts close to intolerable over the last few days.
Like what? You a martial artist?

Puuuhhhlease get over it. I happened to call a friend to ask who was in a situation for harassment in GA. So maybe she gave wrong info. But seriously what i said is not dramatic.
Since you called you friend, who might have given you the WRONG info.....

Gotta ask: Did you actually look up what that LAW was before you posted?

I know I searched and posted the link to the LAW code of GA so I wouldn't give the wrong info. As much as I just wanted to jump in and give MY advice I posted the LAW instead.

Seriously think: the wrong info can be misleading and damaging.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Also I am not the only one who told her to record the calls :)
thanks
Jax -- here is the thing. YOu have NOT been known to have established a track record of giving the CORRECT INFORMATION. Until you have a track record of being right you cannot afford to be incorrect. Too many incorrects as compared to your correct advice and you are looking at being dumped/banned/silenced.

Humusluvr

Puuuhhhlease get over it. I happened to call a friend to ask who was in a situation for harassment in GA. So maybe she gave wrong info. :) But seriously what i said is not dramatic.:)
If she keeps answering the calls she gets nowhere.
My big problem with you and your posts is that "newbies" don't know any better than to listen to you. From reading your text-speak and grammatically incorrect drivel for weeks now, I have learned that you are not credible (and that is the NICEST thing I can say about you). Newbies need to read the posted Ohiogal rules, and often don't know any better and just assume everything that comes out here on the forum is from a lawyer. I was a newbie once. I now know who the seniors are, and who can be trusted to provide law. You call your drama friends, you post drama from Youtube, and you suggest people do things that are questionable/illegal. It would be like me asking one of my high school students a question on Educational Law. They know what they WISH the law was, but they have no clue what reality is. You are like one of my high schoolers. And if you call someone hun again, I'm going to lose it. I'm pregnant, and there's no telling what my hormones could do!

CJane

so my question is now that she has been told NOT to call back...IF she were to call again, that is harrassment right?
Not likely. Did you READ the link that was posted for you?

Harassment is defined.

'Harassment' means a course of conduct directed at a specific person that causes substantial emotional distress in such person
Is their calling you causing you severe emotional distress? Or is it merely bothersome?

I'm a little touchy as I was just in a hearing for an RO because Asshat claimed that EVEN THOUGH I HAVE HAD NO CONTACT WITH HIM FOR 18 MONTHS that I am a threat to him.

That kind of pisses me off. TOTAL WASTE of the court's time. But I suppose my Ex's love wasting the Court's time.

IMO, it's not harassment.

Are they in GA?

Not likely. Did you READ the link that was posted for you?

Harassment is defined.

Is their calling you causing you severe emotional distress? Or is it merely bothersome?

I'm a little touchy as I was just in a hearing for an RO because Asshat claimed that EVEN THOUGH I HAVE HAD NO CONTACT WITH HIM FOR 18 MONTHS that I am a threat to him.

That kind of pisses me off. TOTAL WASTE of the court's time. But I suppose my Ex's love wasting the Court's time.

IMO, it's not harassment.

Are they in GA?

yes they are in GA...and i don't know if it's considered stress, but my parents are tired of them calling, it upsets me because I know what they're trying to do...find out information to report to my ex so he can build his 'case' against me, and i'm just tired of all the stress...i can't sleep at night because i'm worried what they're trying to pull, sometimes i have nightmares...i know it probably sounds unreasonable, i just can't help it.

i get to the point to where i am fine, and right about the time i decide things are starting to look up, they call back and it's like i take 10 steps backward...

jaxpink

My big problem with you and your posts is that "newbies" don't know any better than to listen to you. From reading your text-speak and grammatically incorrect drivel for weeks now, I have learned that you are not credible (and that is the NICEST thing I can say about you). Newbies need to read the posted Ohiogal rules, and often don't know any better and just assume everything that comes out here on the forum is from a lawyer. I was a newbie once. I now know who the seniors are, and who can be trusted to provide law. You call your drama friends, you post drama from Youtube, and you suggest people do things that are questionable/illegal. It would be like me asking one of my high school students a question on Educational Law. They know what they WISH the law was, but they have no clue what reality is. You are like one of my high schoolers. And if you call someone hun again, I'm going to lose it. I'm pregnant, and there's no telling what my hormones could do!
Sorry but i thougt you were a guy!
Besides the TOS does not say YOU CANT BE WRONG!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">