• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OR... you filing for CS/state assistance.

But that's down the road. If you think it'll end the contact and let you concentrate on getting the baby BORN, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

And ya know, I don't normally recommend that people lie to ANYONE about their children or potential children.... and this isn't strictly a lie. But it's more important to YOU and to the BABY that you stop worrying. If that'll help stop the worry, it's not something that's going to bite you later.
Thank you...

I had just gotten to the point to where I had accepted things and was on a positive road...it seems like once you get to that point, something ALWAYS comes along to bump you off the road...that's life I guess :eek:

I just hope that later on down the road (because I am on state assistance-medicaid) that he'll balk at the process of trying to get visitation...because from what I am told, first he has to take the paternity test (then possibly pay for that when it shows he's the father), then legitimate the child (they have to do that in GA), and THEN go to court for custody...and i'm sure that takes lots of money...

which if it goes that far i don't know what I'll do because i DO NOT have the money for a laywer, but as you all say, that's months even possibly years down the road.

CJane

Thank you...

I had just gotten to the point to where I had accepted things and was on a positive road...it seems like once you get to that point, something ALWAYS comes along to bump you off the road...that's life I guess :eek:
So, quit walking in the ROAD. Try a sidewalk. :p

Seriously though... it's personal choice how much you let crap like this bother you. Arm yourself with information. Don't even necessarily share it with all these people. Just KNOW the truth of the situation. It'll help immensely.

So, quit walking in the ROAD. Try a sidewalk. :p
then you have to worry about bicycles :rolleyes:

Seriously though... it's personal choice how much you let crap like this bother you. Arm yourself with information. Don't even necessarily share it with all these people. Just KNOW the truth of the situation. It'll help immensely.
and you're right...it does help...the information i learn makes me feel stronger...

the thing i need help with is putting a leash on my thoughts so they don't wander and make me think about crazy scenarios :eek:

CJane

and you're right...it does help...the information i learn makes me feel stronger...

the thing i need help with is putting a leash on my thoughts so they don't wander and make me think about crazy scenarios :eek:
Heh. Welcome to my world. :p

I grew up in a worst case scenario family. Get pulled over for speeding and immediately assume there must be 47 warrants out for your arrest - even though you haven't so much as littered or looked cross-eyed at the neighbor's dog.

Deep breaths.

Heh. Welcome to my world. :p

I grew up in a worst case scenario family. Get pulled over for speeding and immediately assume there must be 47 warrants out for your arrest - even though you haven't so much as littered or looked cross-eyed at the neighbor's dog.

Deep breaths.
aint that the truth...and honestly what's sad is the x supposedly cares about 'his' child as he calls it, but yet doesn't he realize that by causing me this stress (which i shouldn't let get to me, but some days it's just hard) his child suffers too? (which is something I think about too, and then i feel bad all over again for being stressed out in the first place! lol)

i don't understand why he doesnt tell his friends to butt out of his life, but hey...some things will remain a mystery...

just an update:

I just received another phone call...THIS time my mom picked up the phone and asked her not to call anymore...

So IF this person calls back, that can be termed harrassment. Is this correct?

wileybunch

You must not have caller ID. It would be worth it to get it and not answer at all when she calls. There's also a call block feature you might be able to get if you don't want her calls to ever come through at all.

You must not have caller ID. It would be worth it to get it and not answer at all when she calls. There's also a call block feature you might be able to get if you don't want her calls to ever come through at all.
We do have caller ID, i was just told on here that she needed to be told not to call anymore before it could be termed as harrassment....

as for her calls not to ever come through, theres only one problem with that...i know that she does not have a phone at her home, but she uses friends' phones apparently to call, so that was another reason we asked her not to call....

jaxpink

We do have caller ID, i was just told on here that she needed to be told not to call anymore before it could be termed as harrassment....

as for her calls not to ever come through, theres only one problem with that...i know that she does not have a phone at her home, but she uses friends' phones apparently to call, so that was another reason we asked her not to call....
Buy a recorder and record each and every phone call. Also let it go to voicemail. The more the better.the person calling can say they said one thing and you and your mom said another,
AND Because not all landline phone co. keep record of incoming calls and only outgoing. This is true with AT&T!!
Tell the m**therf**kers you moved or blah blah. You have no ties or anything with these people unless you like the drama and playing the game. The guy is a loser and you should concern yourself with only you and your child. So as CJane says if you have to lie you have to and he aint the daddy til he proves it. So tell him to bugger off!!

CJane

Buy a recorder and record each and every phone call.
Do you know whether or not it's legal in GA to record phone calls that may or may not come from in state, may or may not be from a cell phone, may or may not be TO a cell phone and have more than one party involved?

And I didn't say to lie. I said that he's NOT daddy until he proves it and so to tell him he's not the father. That's not a lie. That's a legal fact used to her advantage.

jaxpink

Do you know whether or not it's legal in GA to record phone calls that may or may not come from in state, may or may not be from a cell phone, may or may not be TO a cell phone and have more than one party involved?

And I didn't say to lie. I said that he's NOT daddy until he proves it and so to tell him he's not the father. That's not a lie. That's a legal fact used to her advantage.
No i didnt say saying he aint the daddy was the lie to be told. Any lie- to keep her from getting calls and dealing with the crap.

Thats why they need to go to voicemail. Even without recording it may not be possible to find the caller if her phone AT her moms house does not keep track on incoming calls on record. So a recorder can help if they calls can't be tracked. Ususally as long as one person knows its being recorded its safe. Call the local sheriffs office. I am giving her options, but it seems that they are getting something out of her to be continuously calling. Not sure but if she is that worried she would let it go to voicemail. All you have to do is tell them once not to call. If the police have given them a warning that should be the 1st and with continuing it will be worse for them

** I just added he aint the daddy til he proves it cuz its true and if she needs to hear it a million times to listen then so be it!

Last edited:

Humusluvr

No i didnt say saying he aint the daddy was the lie to be told. Any lie- to keep her from getting calls and dealing with the crap.

Thats why they need to go to voicemail. Even without recording it may not be possible to find the caller if her phone AT her moms house does not keep track on incoming calls on record. So a recorder can help if they calls can't be tracked. Ususally as long as one person knows its being recorded its safe. Call the local sheriffs office. I am giving her options, but it seems that they are getting something out of her to be continuously calling. Not sure but if she is that worried she would let it go to voicemail. All you have to do is tell them once not to call. If the police have given them a warning that should be the 1st and with continuing it will be worse for them

** I just added he aint the daddy til he proves it cuz its true and if she needs to hear it a million times to listen then so be it!
Jax, you make my lurking very difficult. I like to read THE LAW. I hate to read your opinions of dramatic ways to do things. People here are looking for LEGAL ADVICE. If they wanted drama, they would go to Youtube.

Why don't you take a lesson and just lurk in peace......

thank you CJ .... but i am not sure if it is or isnt legal to record calls....but anyway...these people dont leave voice mails so that option is out....

and no they don't get anything out of me as jax implied...I don't even talk to them, my parents pick up the phone...or no one answers (and they don't leave messages)

we do keep records of the calls that come in and the time received...and we have caller ID...

I don't give them ANY information whatsoever because I figure if I don't do that they wont call, and if she tries calling anymore, i'll call my local sherriff's dept. and report it...

Silverplum

Jax, you make my lurking very difficult. I like to read THE LAW. I hate to read your opinions of dramatic ways to do things. People here are looking for LEGAL ADVICE. If they wanted drama, they would go to Youtube.

Why don't you take a lesson and just lurk in peace......
I totally agree with you, Humusluvr. :rolleyes:

You lucked out this time, jaxpink. http://www.aapsonline.org/judicial/telephone.htm

But you NEED TO LEARN THE LAW BEFORE YOU POST! :( You have posted a bunch of nonsense, and you ARE too dramatic in your "solutions" to other people's problems.

If you don't KNOW something useful within the OP's state, then don't post.

majomom1

thank you CJ .... but i am not sure if it is or isnt legal to record calls....but anyway...these people dont leave voice mails so that option is out....

and no they don't get anything out of me as jax implied...I don't even talk to them, my parents pick up the phone...or no one answers (and they don't leave messages)

we do keep records of the calls that come in and the time received...and we have caller ID...

I don't give them ANY information whatsoever because I figure if I don't do that they wont call, and if she tries calling anymore, i'll call my local sherriff's dept. and report it...
Peanut... is this the same person every time, or different people? What happens when YOU get on the phone, do they talk to you?

If I were you, I would get a recording device. If you know, or suspect it is her... YOU answer the phone. If you state up front that you are recording that call and demand that they acknowledge that you are recording, then you have covered all the bases for 'legally' recording that call.

If you do this consistantly... record all the phone #'s she is calling from, you would probably have enough to file a complaint against HER, and your ex... or the calls will stop if you state that you are recording each and every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">