• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrest Warrant for Chargeback

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jomo1

I received the warrant today. I am charged with theft by failure to make required disposition of funds.
Anyone here local to Lancaster County that wants the case (and is an attorney!)?

quincy

Last edited:

Bali Hai Again

Very off.

It is possible that the store owner lied to the police.
Yeah, possibly the owner left out important details like the equipment was defective, owner attempted to repair it twice without success and then ghosted the customer before the CC chargeback.

quincy

quincy

As I said on the first page of this thread, "So basically you stole something as you still have the item."

And now he is charged with theft.
I mentioned earlier that there are legal ways to settle contract disputes. Reversing charges on a credit card is not one of the preferred ways. Haha.

adjusterjack

Credit card companies make it too easy for the consumer to "believe" that a chargeback ends the dispute.

It doesn't.

quincy

Credit card companies make it too easy for the consumer to "believe" that a chargeback ends the dispute.

It doesn't.
A chargeback certainly did not work to end this dispute. That’s for sure.

The whole matter should have been treated as a contractual agreement from the start and handled that way.

adjusterjack

I received the warrant today. I am charged with theft by failure to make required disposition of funds.
I don't know if this will help you or muddy the waters but here is a list of appellate case decision regarding convictions under 3927.

The court explains, in each case, how it analyzes the events in deciding whether to uphold or overturn a conviction.

theft 3927 - Google Scholar

quincy

An attorney licensed to practice in Pennsylvania who Jomo1 hires to represent him is Jomo1’s best source of information now. He should say nothing more online about the charge filed against him or what led up to it.

quincy

I have my 1st and hopefully last court date on Friday 6/2. I will be represented by an attorney.
I will update this thread after the criminal case is over. Then the real fun will start.
Thanks for the update. It is good that you have an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">