• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrest Warrant for Chargeback

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jomo1

Court did not go too well for me. The DA insisted that what I did was criminal and agreed to drop the charges if I pay back the $750 which I did. I guess that Lancaster county doesn't understand the law. and just wanted to help out a local store owner. The DA said that what the merchant did was a civil matter, not crimal.
I filed a small claims action against the store owner.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Court did not go too well for me. The DA insisted that what I did was criminal and agreed to drop the charges if I pay back the $750.
I'd say court went very well for you under the circumstances.

quincy

Court did not go too well for me. The DA insisted that what I did was criminal and agreed to drop the charges if I pay back the $750 which I did. I guess that Lancaster county doesn't understand the law. and just wanted to help out a local store owner. The DA said that what the merchant did was a civil matter, not crimal.
It sounds to me like a reasonable deal offered you by the prosecutor.

quincy

Jomo1, if you have the time, I would be interested in hearing how the small claims suit goes. It is possible that, upon receipt of your summons and complaint, the store owner will simply end the dispute by agreeing to hand over the $300 you spent on repairs. I hope that is how it goes.

Bali Hai Again

Jomo1, if you have the time, I would be interested in hearing how the small claims suit goes. It is possible that, upon receipt of your summons and complaint, the store owner will simply end the dispute by agreeing to hand over the $300 you spent on repairs. I hope that is how it goes.
Overly optimistic. The horse’s a$$ store owner could have done that before instead of ghosting the OP and having him criminally charged.

quincy

Overly optimistic. The horse’s a$$ store owner could have done that before instead of ghosting the OP and having him criminally charged.
Perhaps.

The store owner probably feels the payment of $750 ended the dispute, when it obviously hasn’t. The $750 payment only led to the prosecutor dismissing the criminal charge. Now the contract dispute is back where it has always belonged - in a small claims court.

To end the small claims action, the store owner might decide paying Jomo1 the $300 cost incurred by Jomo1 is the best option.

Jomo1

The reason that I feel that court did not go well for me is because I committed no crime and I should not have been forced to pay the store owner any money because the case should not have been dealt with by the DA.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The reason that I feel that court did not go well for me is because I committed no crime and I should not have been forced to pay the store owner any money because the case should not have been dealt with by the DA.
At the least, you should have paid him $450, since it only cost you $300 to fix the problem.

quincy

By reversing charges on your account, you did not handle the contract matter correctly. Now you have the opportunity to handle it correctly by going to court over the $300 owed you by the store owner. The criminal charge seems to have been an unnecessary detour, spurred possibly (probably) by the store owner’s lies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">