• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Been told I'm the Father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

issaka

I heard of a case (or maybe it was on law and order) where a man took the child's mother to court to stop her from drinking.

I

IgnorantWT

Does anyone have the slightest idea of what will probably happen to me from the moment the baby is born?

I

IgnorantWT

issaka

was the mother, at the time pregnant, and how did he know if it was his? Was it his or was he just acting out for the child to be?

S

shuga24

one problem with her drinking is the sad fact that that is her body.
even though we all know that that child is suffering there is nothing we can to about it. just like we can't stop abortion. i dont know if you can take her to court for drinking while pregnant but, it is surely worth a try.

issaka

If you are smart, you will go to the Attorney General make a claim for support. Once this happens, you will be given a paternity test to prove or eliminate you as a father. Good luck to you. You have a long hard road ahead of ya. Hopefully both of you can attempt to work together. It will save you both a world of stress to say the VERY least.

L

Lil Miss Smarty Panties

Do not sign anything that you agree you are the father. Don't sign anything at the hospital so they will put your name on the birth certificate. Sign nothing! When the baby arrives and you receive a notice from the court for child support, deny paternity and ask for a DNA test.

issaka

He knew it was his.

shug,
I don't know if what you say is true. Some women do go to jail for using drugs when pregnant. It child abuse.

S

shuga24

when that baby is born go to see the child in the hospital. if you believe the child is your try to establish paternity. if you don't try to prove the child is not yours before she makes her move

S

shuga24

i hope so but isn't an abortion child muder but they don go to jail for that. i don't know can't say i do.

I

IgnorantWT

shuga, i'm still confused on what she would make a move on? To do what? Would she make sure to stop me from proving its mine? I f the child lives 100 years wouldn't a dna test prove it's mine? Or are you saying that if I don't prove it, there is a time frame involved and I can no longer try for custody for it if I don't do it within the time frame?

S

shuga24

you need to do it now. yes if she marries,or if she want to give child up for adoption. you can't do nothing about it. it will be hard if you wait and wait. you can't wait to see what she is going to do be prepared. how far along is she anyways. when is baby due. okay listen when the child is born. go to hospital. don't wait for her to sue you for support. always be one step ahead of her and you can win your case

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">