• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Been told I'm the Father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

monnickasmommy

A DNA test will prove you to be the father

You need to chill out until the baby is born, do go to your local DES office and get paternity established.

I

IgnorantWT

I don't know it's mine. There is a chance if and only if her claim is as long as she says it is. She says that I'm the father because it's been 2 mnths. That would put it @ the exact day that I was Last with her. I don't know when she took her test. I can't prove that she hasn't slept with other men while I was with her and when we seperated. I can't prove that she's missed 1 or 2 periods. I wasn't there. She also hasn't proven it to me.
The only thread of possibility that I'm responsible is the fact that we hate each other. I don't want to talk to her and certainly don't want her to bear my kids. But, for some reason unproven to me, she said I'm the one. She claims that she wants to know what she should do, abort or not, and how I feel if she keeps it. I told her I don't believe that it's mine but if it is I'll fight her for custody because of her lifestyle. I also know that I can't stop her from aborting and quite honestly because of the troubles of possible birth defects from her substance abuse, diseases and heredity (her other 2 sons have problems though I know I'm no genetic marvel), her constant neglect for her present children, her social life and promiscuity, and her finacial unstability- I don't want her to have any children, ESPECIALY MINE! I would welcome an abortion. But, being that this COULD be my first and if she bears a child and it is proven that it's mine--I will fight tooth and nail for it!

I think a lot of men feel this way.

I

IgnorantWT

i know but you made the comment that i know it's mine. I don't.

I

IgnorantWT

oops!
1000 apologies. It was a response to your remark before. I just got overheated and forgot I asked you a question before. Sorry, again.

I

IgnorantWT

By the way, Thanks everyone! I always get a level head when I visit this site. :)

It doesn't kill the anticipation, though.:(

I

IgnorantWT

issaka
That alllaw link didn't work? What's up with that? Any other sites that can show how the court decides how to divy up child support costs are really appreciated.

J

jez51

Nextwife
I totally agree with you, with my last child I did all the right things, but during labor the cord got wrapped around her and cut off her oxygen, the results was severe brain damage and cerebral palsy. I don't understand how a woman could intentionally do these things to an unborn child. There should be laws that prosecute them, and then they need to be sterilized!

IgnorantWT
If this child does turn out to be yours, please do your best to get custody!

wenwas

it confuses me that the bartenders said they can't do anything about it. in the bars around here they all have signs in them that say they reserve the right to refuse anyone. usually they have it posted for people who are too drunk to drink anymore but they also can use it for people like this woman too.

M

monnickasmommy

DES?
See the following

Office of Child Support Enforcement
Dept. of Human Services and Jobs and Family Services
30 East Broad Street, 31 st Floor
Columbus, Ohio 43215-3414
Office: 614-752-6561(P)
614-752-9760(F)

Have her proove to you that she is pregnet with a written doctors note if you are unsure she is or not.

I don't know it's mine. ----DNA will let you know if it is yours- They take either a swab,blood, from you , baby, mom and send it to a lab and it comes with results 99.99% yours or 99.99% not yours-

The first step, if a child was born out of wedlock, is to establish paternity - or make a legal determination of who fathered the child. Many men will voluntarily acknowledge paternity. Either parent can request a blood test in contested paternity cases. Your caseworker will help you to establish paternity for your child.

Establishing the obligation is the next step. The fair amount of child support that the non-custodial parent should pay is determined according to state guidelines. Your CSE office will be able to tell you how support award amounts are set in your state. Your CSE office can also request medical support for your child.

The last step is enforcement of the child support order. The CSE office can help with collecting the money due no matter where the non-custodial parent lives.

At any of these steps, the CSE office may need to know where the non-custodial parent is living or where he/she is working. When a parent has disappeared, it is usually possible for the CSE office to find him/her with the help of state agencies, such as the Department of Motor Vehicles, or the Federal Parent Locator Service. Your caseworker can tell you what information is needed to find an absent parent or his/her employer.

The most successful way to collect child support is by direct withholding from the obligated parent's paycheck. Most child support orders require the employer to withhold the money that is ordered for child support and send it to the CSE office. Your Child Support Enforcement office can tell you about this procedure.

Federal and State Income Tax refunds may be withheld to collect unpaid child support. States also have laws which allow them to use: liens on real and personal property; orders to withhold and deliver property; or seizure and sale of property with the proceeds applied to the support debt. Many states routinely report child support debts to credit bureaus and smart parents are bringing their payments current so that their credit won't be affected

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">