• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can my live in boyfriend ban my mom

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cjoesgirl

Re the bolded: Not without some evidence of abuse or neglect of a dependent. Besides, he doesn't want her arrested. She is the only person available to take care of him.
I don't know but during the fight he did say he would call the cops on me and claim abuse.

cjoesgirl

People get arrested in domestic situations very readily. It's easy for people not to be at their best dealing with strong emotions. He might want revenge or 'prevenge' on her if he know or senses she is withdrawing emotionally. It's not unheard of. Dealing with accusations alone could be convoluted, costly and painful.
he is a revengeful type person, he won't talk to anyone in his family.

LdiJ

I don't know but during the fight he did say he would call the cops on me and claim abuse.
Then you really need to get out. Some day he will call the cops and make that accusation. In the end, I do not think that you would end up in trouble, but it could make your life miserable for a while.

cjoesgirl

Then you really need to get out. Some day he will call the cops and make that accusation. In the end, I do not think that you would end up in trouble, but it could make your life miserable for a while.
I know, I am trying to get things figured out, I know I need to be smart about leaving. I need to have a plan and my ducks in a row. The whole thing with my mom is because I said she would come help me leave.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">