• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonavalon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Dakota

My ex and I have a son together. She got married about six months ago and wont let me give up my parental rights in favor of her new husband only because she wants the child support. She doesn't even want me in my sons life, she only wants the money. Her husband has even added my son to his insurance. is there anything i can do?

Silverplum

My ex and I have a son together. She got married about six months ago and wont let me give up my parental rights in favor of her new husband only because she wants the child support. She doesn't even want me in my sons life, she only wants the money. Her husband has even added my son to his insurance. is there anything i can do?
No.

Poor child. :(

Antigone*

I agree with SP ~ how darn pathetic is this!!!:mad:

moonavalon

Here's my issue. She asked me when they got married if i'd consent to her changing our sons name. I said only if he adopts and she said no way because she wants the child support and doesn't want to pay the money for a lawyer. I haven't seen the child in years. I dont know what else to do. I have a new family now and I don't know what else to do. Even when I tried to see him she made it living heck on me. I would just rather give up my rights in favor of this guy and let them be a happy family. But no...she wants money

Antigone*

Here's my issue. She asked me when they got married if i'd consent to her changing our sons name. I said only if he adopts and she said no way because she wants the child support and doesn't want to pay the money for a lawyer. I haven't seen the child in years. I dont know what else to do. I have a new family now and I don't know what else to do. Even when I tried to see him she made it living heck on me. I would just rather give up my rights in favor of this guy and let them be a happy family. But no...she wants money
You could have visitation if you wanted, but you obviously don't:rolleyes:

moonavalon

Sadly no. Again, he has not seen me in a long time. my own fault yes. but again i dont want it. she didn't even want me to be the dad. she hoped it was someone else cuz she would get more money out of him.

Silverplum

Sadly no. Again, he has not seen me in a long time. my own fault yes. but again i dont want it. she didn't even want me to be the dad. she hoped it was someone else cuz she would get more money out of him.
You have mentioned MONEY several times.

Here, we are concerned for THE CHILD.

Therefore, what I say to you is: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

moonavalon

I dont care about paying child support. I've done it for years and will continue to do so if I have to. My problem is that she only cares about the money. heck her husband even wants to adopt.

Isis1

i would personally like to petition to rename this poster "walking ATM" since that is all you seem to be happy with.

you cannot force ANYONE to adopt a child. you don't want to be a part of the child's life, good riddance, but you don't get to shy away from your legal responsibility. you WILL still pay child support. no way to weasel your way out of that one.:rolleyes:

and just cause step dad has covered the child under his insurance, doesn't do anything for you.

moonavalon

didn't say it did and i'm not trying to weasel my way out i just wanted to know if there was anything i could do becuase that's all i am in this situation is a walking atm.

Isis1

didn't say it did and i'm not trying to weasel my way out i just wanted to know if there was anything i could do becuase that's all i am in this situation is a walking atm.
the only thing you can do, you don't want to. so we can't help you.

Antigone*

Tigi is checking out of this one. No way she is going to stick her card in this one:eek:;)

moonavalon

well i appreciate the non help. this is why some woman (my ex especially) make out like bandits. Since the consensus on this group is i'm just trying to get out of child support...here's a new question. If I wanted to start visitaion (I am paid in full on my support) Could she do anything to stop it.

justalayman

No.

Poor child. :(
Oh, you're so wrong SP.

OP can continue to pay the required CS for his child like a good father should.

I dont care about paying child support. I've done it for years and will continue to do so if I have to. My problem is that she only cares about the money. heck her husband even wants to adopt.
if you are not trying to weasel your way out of CS, why are you asking how to get out of your CS obligation?

I have a new family now and I don't know what else to do.
just continue to pay your CS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">