• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

did the police go overboard with this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
This is one of the best threads I've read in a few days! "Mom is Trash" may have provided some competition, but, alas and alack, it was gone before I could read it. :(

Seriously dude - you're not going to get anywhere going after the cops. All it will do is make you look like a lunatic. You're already doing a nice job of that on this thread - try not to do it in your community too, eh?

30 degrees is not really all THAT cold. Properly clothed, your son would have been fine for the three mile walk. And while cold weather CAN make a body have to work harder, thereby reducing immunity and making it easier to catch a virus, that's easily remedied by dressing appropriately. The fact that you were either untwilling or unable to dress your son properly for the walk is NOT an excuse to deny his mother her custodial time. Which, it appears you did do - she apparently has custody, so you're in deep water. That's likely why the cops reacted more strongly towards your refusal to return the child. While she denied your visitation, you interfered with her custody. That tends to be looked upon more seriously. Plus, I'd bet you got pretty mouthy with the cops.

My advice to you is to grow up, regardless of what your wife does. Your son deserves at least one mature parent instead of two children.

Last edited:

cthlc513

They LIKELY came because they SUSPECTED abuse. They came in the interests of safety.

You refused to turn the child over against court order. You defied the officers which tends to make them pissy and makes you look like a jerk.

Consult with your attorney AFTER you follow the order and listen to the police.
So if two people disagree, they suspect abuse? SHE DID NOT FOLLOW THE ORDER. She came late, she did not keep me informed about her plans (it's in the order) and she harassed me. She was the one who violated it.

penelope10

SO WHAT!?!? It won't fly. All that anyone is really going to see is that come hell or high water that woman was coming to get her child, and she did, and you wouldn't let her have him.
I like to call these kind of situations Tit for TAT. Only it didn't work for the OP. Gee, we have this brand new invention called a blow dryer in these parts. Rumor is they work pretty well most of the time;)

cthlc513

SO WHAT!?!? It won't fly. All that anyone is really going to see is that come hell or high water that woman was coming to get her child, and she did, and you wouldn't let her have him.
She should have come on time and without her mouth.

This is one of the best threads I've read in a few days! "Mom is Trash" may have provided some competition, but, alas and alack, it was gone before I could read it. :(

Seriously dude - you're not going to get anywhere going after the cops. All it will do is make you look like a lunatic. You're already doing a nice job of that on this thread - try not to do it in your community too, eh?

30 degrees is not really all THAT cold. Properly clothed, your son would have been fine for the three mile walk. And while cold weather CAN make a bodu have to work harder, thereby reducing immunity and making it easier to catch a virus, that's easily remedied by dressing appropriately. The fact that you were either untwilling or unable to dress your son properly for the walk is NOT an excuse to deny his mother her custodial time. Which, it appears you did do - she apparently has custody, so you're in deep water. That's likely why the cops reacted more strongly towards your refusal to return the child. While she denied your visitation, you interfered with her custody. That tends to be looked upon more seriously. Plus, I'd bet you got pretty mouthy with the cops.

My advice to you is to grow up, regardless of what your wife does. Your son deserves at least one mature parent instead of two children.
You are jumping to conclusions. I told the cops in a calm and straightforward matter about what the intentions were. They were the ones who got mouthy. I dressed him properly, but she should have known better. She needed to call me.

cthlc513

I like to call these kind of situations Tit for TAT. Only it didn't work for the OP. Gee, we have this brand new invention called a blow dryer in these parts. Rumor is they work pretty well most of the time;)
I never used on because I originally assumed she wasn't coming.

Bloopy

So if two people disagree, they suspect abuse? SHE DID NOT FOLLOW THE ORDER. She came late, she did not keep me informed about her plans (it's in the order) and she harassed me. She was the one who violated it.
She violated no law by arriving late.

She violated no law by calling the police.

The police violated no law by coming to a strained pick up. She didn’t even have to lie or embellish. “I have to pick up my son from my ex and I’m worried. Please come.”

You definitely violated the CO by not handing over Son.

The police SLIGHTLY INTERFERED by telling you to hand over son, but it’s not like they tazed you and snatched the boy. You ignored them anyway.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
She should have come on time and without her mouth.

You are jumping to conclusions. I told the cops in a calm and straightforward matter about what the intentions were. They were the ones who got mouthy. I dressed him properly, but she should have known better. She needed to call me.
Oh, wait, Mom doesn't have a car, Mom is in Section 8 housing, mayhaps Mom was busy walking to GET HER SON in the cold and doesn't have a cell phone / didn't have her cell phone with her...

Dude, you are soooo wrong. :eek:

cracker

Ted Bundy thought he was right, too. So did Hitler. Just because you believe you are right doesn't mean you are. You should really read into these 50 something posts and leave it alone before you make a fool of yourself.

Bloopy

Psst. Most boys that wear Ralphie snowsuits do not own hairdryers.

cthlc513

She violated no law by arriving late.

She violated no law by calling the police.

The police violated no law by coming to a strained pick up. She didn’t even have to lie or embellish. “I have to pick up my son from my ex and I’m worried. Please come.”

You definitely violated the CO by not handing over Son.

The police SLIGHTLY INTERFERED by telling you to hand over son, but it’s not like they tazed you and snatched the boy. You ignored them anyway.
It's a court order, not a piece of legislation.

cthlc513

Oh, wait, Mom doesn't have a car, Mom is in Section 8 housing, mayhaps Mom was busy walking to GET HER SON in the cold and doesn't have a cell phone / didn't have her cell phone with her...

Dude, you are soooo wrong. :eek:
She should have called BEFORE she started walking. She can use her normal phone to call. I don't have a cell phone either and it doesn't cause me problems.

Bloopy

Anything other than, "Yes Sir" will be considered mouthy by them and very motivating for them to back Mom up.

Even the next day, all cozy dry, you were still withholding visitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">