• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dr request

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lealea1005

. So that what he is having to do until he gets a 2nd rx which is unlikley cuz ins wont pay it.

Sorry to dig this one back up, but I wanted to address the comment...err...excuse. If the prescribing provider(or their office staff) called the insurance company and explained the situation, they can get authorization for the additional med to be covered. We do it all the time.

CJane

That wouldn't be the smartest way to ask :rolleyes:. He CAN tell the Doc he is concerned abouth the health of his daughter and ask simply whether a report to CPS was filed.
OR since he was apparently burning up the phone lines w/the doc yesterday about whether or not the kids needed to be at the appointment, he could have ASKED what the appointment was pertaining to. How is it that he doesn't know that?

He also could have ASKED that the doc call in another scrip for the meds so HE could have them at his house. Apparently didn't do that either.

I don't think Dad is actually doing ANYTHING that isn't being spoonfed to him. Because either he's too dim, or he doesn't actually care.

CJane

Thats what i said. You call the hotline. They assign the caseworker in that town and These idiots dont knock on doors. They call you, the other person and are very very rude....
But business day is what i meant and is about 24 hours or the next morning if ur lucky!!
Did you miss this?

If the kids are really in DANGER from missing the appointment and the DOCTOR called CPS and informed them of this danger, then CPS is BOUND BY STATUTE TO RESPOND IMMEDIATELY.

immediately respond to a report of abuse and
neglect that involves circumstances in which
the death of the child
or substantial bodily harm to the child would result unless the
department immediately intervenes;
Apparently, no one but DAD - who doesn't even know what the appointment was FOR - is the only one concerned enough to do anything... and his FIRST COURSE of action was to ask you to post here to see if he could pull off a snatch?

jaxpink

Sorry to dig this one back up, but I wanted to address the comment...err...excuse. If the prescribing provider(or their office staff) called the insurance company and explained the situation, they can get authorization for the additional med to be covered. We do it all the time.

really.. see Dad called Medicaid But THEY refused to talk to him. Thanks

lealea1005

Well, then he can take the Rx to Walmart and get the generic for $4 (and NEW tubing and mouth piece for not much more)!!! I'm with CJane...there's just one excuse after another.

Medicaid won't alk to him because the he's not the recipient.

jaxpink

Did you miss this?

If the kids are really in DANGER from missing the appointment and the DOCTOR called CPS and informed them of this danger, then CPS is BOUND BY STATUTE TO RESPOND IMMEDIATELY.

Apparently, no one but DAD - who doesn't even know what the appointment was FOR - is the only one concerned enough to do anything... and his FIRST COURSE of action was to ask you to post here to see if he could pull off a snatch?

I did not say he didnt know what the appt was for. He told me The Dr needed the Lung Xrays and was needing to check thier breathing and all that.They were obvioulsly referred if mom didnt remember the appt or making it. That is evident!

CJane

Also, doctors ROUTINELY hand out samples of meds. My kids are both on allergy inhalers. Ins would only cover one 30 day supply for each kid at a time.

So, I explained the situation to the doctor ~ that I really needed one inhaler for each kid for each house since I split custody w/the ex ~ he handed me 6 sample inhalers.

It really is that easy.

But, Dad isn't going to get anywhere with anyone since he 1) only has the kids a few hours/week and 2) they're operating on temp orders and 3) he can't seem to take initiative to do anything except the most dramatic thing possible.

jaxpink

Well, then he can take the Rx to Walmart and get the generic for $4 (and NEW tubing and mouth piece for not much more)!!! I'm with CJane...there's just one excuse after another.

Medicaid won't alk to him because the he's not the recipient.
Yah well pretty soon they wont have a choice....
Zopenex and Albuteral are that cheap???It has to be one of those two, but I assumed they were hella expensive.. Zopenex now helps the jitters does not speed up the heart rate, so i assumed it was more expensive.
Dad did however speak to the Dr yesterday and she said she would get him the equip and meds as soon as she got the girls in.

jaxpink

Also, doctors ROUTINELY hand out samples of meds. My kids are both on allergy inhalers. Ins would only cover one 30 day supply for each kid at a time.

So, I explained the situation to the doctor ~ that I really needed one inhaler for each kid for each house since I split custody w/the ex ~ he handed me 6 sample inhalers.

It really is that easy.

But, Dad isn't going to get anywhere with anyone since he 1) only has the kids a few hours/week and 2) they're operating on temp orders and 3) he can't seem to take initiative to do anything except the most dramatic thing possible.

they dont use inhalers. they cant.
how is he being dramatic. the dr asked him to bring the girls in. To go get them and he tried what she asked .. Didnt work.
He tried to pick them up.
This itself had nothing to do with sat. That was already called in.

This thread was if he could pick them up if a dr requested it. Why are you making it a big deal and wanting more info for more opinions...

lealea1005

Yah well pretty soon they wont have a choice....
Zopenex and Albuteral are that cheap???It has to be one of those two, but I assumed they were hella expensive.. Zopenex now helps the jitters does not speed up the heart rate, so i assumed it was more expensive.
Dad did however speak to the Dr yesterday and she said she would get him the equip and meds as soon as she got the girls in.

Xopenex has a generic and is probably on their ($4) list, but he'll never know if he doesn't call them to ask. I shudder to think of where you got your information about Xopenex. They're taking BOTH Albuterol and Xopenex?

Last edited:

jaxpink

Xopenex has a generic and is probably on their ($4) list, but he'll never know if he doesn't call them to ask. I shudder to think of where you got your information about Xopenex. They're taking BOTH Albuterol and Xopenex?

well i didnt know how long it had been out. It has to be out so long before a generic can be made. Talk about my mother again and we have an issue,she told me about the xopenex.

Baby R was on albuterol and then mom said she wasnt anymore. In march or something.
At that time Baby H was not using the breathing treatments yet now she is.
They should each get so many bullets each to take. Under the impression mom was going to not give meds to dad he could have done this sooner. Now he is going to have to drive up to SA get a script and go get it filled. Then buy tubes.

Its just mom have two sets of equip at the same time. Why she doesnt bother to share not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">