• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dr request

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxpink

You don't get it.

Google MANDATED REPORTER

If the DOCTOR BELIEVES THERE IS NEGLECT, the DOCTOR will call CPS. And NO CPS worker in their right mind is going to ignore a call from a physician.

Doc didn't call CPS? Doc doesn't believe neglect is taking place.
I told you CJ I dont know if Dr did. Dad doesnt know if she did. This was just yesterday with the Dr thing. You call the hotline. Then they get a caseworker and the next day (business day) is when CPS calls the person who make the tip and it goes from there.
Is dr going to call Dad and tell him they called CPS.. most unlikely..

jaxpink

jaxpink, what do you really want to have happen here?
Well i wanted to find out about Dad taking the girls to the Dr if the Dr requested it.. But it seems to be involved with other opinions which is fine. I dont get offended too easily. Work where I work and you will know :p.. Anyways I got a couple good answers but im trying to complete peoples' sentences here for the questions they have asked... So maybe my question is answered. Dad should call the Office of the Ombusden and he cant take his daughters to their dr appt on their moms time!! I hope that sums it up!!

lealea1005

I told you CJ I dont know if Dr did. Dad doesnt know if she did. This was just yesterday with the Dr thing. You call the hotline. Then they get a caseworker and the next day (business day) is when CPS calls the person who make the tip and it goes from there.
Is dr going to call Dad and tell him they called CPS.. most unlikely..

Not necessarily true. Has Dad bothered to call the Pulmonologist and or NP to ask?

jaxpink

How much does dad care? You seem to be in constant contact with him. Therefore, he has phone and internet access. Why is he not here looking for information about his OWN LIFE? I understand you care about these people. I do think your level of involvement in this situation is quite inappropriate as a " neighbor ". ( Even if you do share a landlord ). I think these parents and more importantly THESE CHILDREN would be 100% better off if all of their friends, relatives and neighbors would butt the heck out.

Custody, C/S, Visitation, Medical issues, Schooling etc. Should be addressed by the PARENTS of the children and the PARENTS ALONE. This cluster **** these poor kids are dealing with is NOT in their best interest. Posting that video was a VERY bad decision.
( Did you not think their friends and friend's parents would see it? Even though they are not off school age yet, this WILL be seen by their peers at some point. How will that affect them? If this is a small town, they are already a laughingstock. Things like this are NEVER forgotten.)

You may have good intentions but you need to back off and let the parents handle this.

The video was not posted to be public like that. It was to use a system that would upload and so happened to be that site.. The link was meant for the mother of the two boys in the car b/c she told not to leave her children with that grandmother and then there was proof so it was merely for her not the whole world.. but it has been deleted and it was not there to be publicly viewed...Aint that for sure!!

jaxpink

Not necessarily true. Has Dad bothered to call the Pulmonologist and or NP to ask?

Well not last night after business hours. Dad does not have a cell phone. Is calling the Pulmonoligist appropriate to ask if she called CPS? If so .. ok.

A nurse emailed Austin to have another caseworker look into this so at this point I assume just waiting to see what happens.

Dad had not talked to NP yet. He called one day and she was not in. She has three offices. So he is not talked to her about this incident as of yet.

CJane

You call the hotline. Then they get a caseworker and the next day (business day) is when CPS calls the person who make the tip and it goes from there.
Interesting. Because HERE, when the hotline is called, the investigator is knocking on the door of the person who should be investigated w/in 24 hours.

TX Code states this:

(d) The department shall by rule assign priorities and
prescribe investigative procedures for investigations based on the
severity and immediacy of the alleged harm to the child. The
primary purpose of the investigation shall be the protection of the
child. The rules must require the department, subject to the
availability of funds, to:
(1) immediately respond to a report of abuse and
neglect that involves circumstances in which the death of the child
or substantial bodily harm to the child would result unless the
department immediately intervenes;
(2) respond within 24 hours to a report of abuse and
neglect that is assigned the highest priority, other than a report
described by Subdivision (1); and
(3) respond within 72 hours to a report of abuse and
neglect that is assigned the second highest priority.

ProSeDadinMD

Well not last night after business hours. Dad does not have a cell phone. Is calling the Pulmonoligist appropriate to ask if she called CPS? If so .. ok.

A nurse emailed Austin to have another caseworker look into this so at this point I assume just waiting to see what happens.

Dad had not talked to NP yet. He called one day and she was not in. She has three offices. So he is not talked to her about this incident as of yet.
Hmmm, Dad was talking on a cell phone the day that video was shot...

Doctors have answering services, and if dad were to choose to call after hours, and explain what he was calling about, he would get a call back if for no other reason than malpractice liability.

As far as the NP, he couldn't leave a message? Or find out what office she was at at the time he called?

I'm thinking that the kids might be better off with the crazy lady...

jaxpink

My thought exactly.

Since we're guessing, I think it's Dad's wife. Given OP's ability to express his or her self, I don't think Dad would be able to keep from referring to himself as I or Me...
Mom and Dad you say who should be the Only ones concerned about these children, but will all the people they have lived with before Dad was allowed to see them, its Hard for you guys to understand that people other than Mom and Dad want the best for the kids. Dads sister had the girls for 4 months taking care of them.
Then its Mom's sister and her mom and grandparents and unitl this weekend the girls were under the impression their mothers boyfriend was to be called Daddy.
I do see how this hurts Dad but he is in the process of gaining his relationship with his daughers again as the situation seems to worsen. Dad is trying to get all their medical information the right way since mom wont provide it. When dad wasn't allowed to see them he only got bits and pieces dealing wiht their health and Mom was all over the place he couldnt keep track to find out. Its now been 4 moves this year with those babies. Emails of hey I took Baby H to the hospital. Dad calls and number not working. Dad legally could do nothing and he never called CPS the last 3 times they have been involved until this time due to the weekend and the refusal of meds and all. so i came here to see about things and get answers and etc. Thanks for everyone who have helpful answers and websites!!!!

jaxpink

Hmmm, Dad was talking on a cell phone the day that video was shot...

Doctors have answering services, and if dad were to choose to call after hours, and explain what he was calling about, he would get a call back if for no other reason than malpractice liability.

As far as the NP, he couldn't leave a message? Or find out what office she was at at the time he called?

I'm thinking that the kids might be better off with the crazy lady...
that wasnt his.. Can u see it PINK... Im sure he could leave a message but he didnt think it was appropriate to ask hey did you happen to call CPS on the mother of my children... Im sure he could. I can def let him know he can.
He left a message at the one she sees the girls at.... Where the records would be!!

jaxpink

Interesting. Because HERE, when the hotline is called, the investigator is knocking on the door of the person who should be investigated w/in 24 hours.

TX Code states this:
Thats what i said. You call the hotline. They assign the caseworker in that town and These idiots dont knock on doors. They call you, the other person and are very very rude....
But business day is what i meant and is about 24 hours or the next morning if ur lucky!!

lealea1005

that wasnt his.. Can u see it PINK... Im sure he could leave a message but he didnt think it was appropriate to ask hey did you happen to call CPS on the mother of my children... Im sure he could. I can def let him know he can.
He left a message at the one she sees the girls at.... Where the records would be!!

That wouldn't be the smartest way to ask :rolleyes:. He CAN tell the Doc he is concerned abouth the health of his daughter and ask simply whether a report to CPS was filed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">