• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DSS question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Senior Member
Unfortunately people get confused. They think they need someone to help them do things they don't need help doing, but then, because they've seen a few television shows, they think they can do anything the lawyer does. Nobody does their own brain surgery, but they don't think twice about going into court unrepresented because they "can't afford" it. It's a shame, really.

Legal services for the economically challenged will sometimes take cases. As it has been pointed out, there is a representative provided for the parent in some cases. But many of these cases, the lack of capability to be an adequate or even semi-acceptable parent is related to not being able to get an attorney to change things, either.
Sponsored Ad