• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Early pickup

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Maried

What does his court order state then because I referenced the standard. So state his order without names.
The standard just states that when the child is released from
Please post word for word (sans names) what the court order states regarding X-mas visitation. Thanks.
1. Christmas Holidays in Even-Numbered Years - In even-numbered years, (HE) shall have the right to possession of the child beginning at 6:00 p.m. on the day the child is dismissed from school for the Christmas school vacation and ending at noon on December 28, and (SHE) shall have the right to possession of the child beginning at noon on December 28 and ending at 6:00 p.m. on the day before school resumes after that Christmas school vacation.

Maried

You are a legal stranger. Meaning you are NOT involved in the LEGAL situation of his custody order. You may be physically involved but not LEGALLY involved. And the 21 is Friday. You have given NO reason why he should get his children TOMORROW. The actual standard order is that MOM as possessory conservator would have the children from TOMORROW until December 28 and your man doesn't get them until December 28. If it is something different you really need to post the court order without identifying information but word for word. Because the actual visitation order doesn't grant your man that.
1. Christmas Holidays in Even-Numbered Years - In even-numbered years, (HE) shall have the right to possession of the child beginning at 6:00 p.m. on the day the child is dismissed from school for the Christmas school vacation and ending at noon on December 28, and (SHE) shall have the right to possession of the child beginning at noon on December 28 and ending at 6:00 p.m. on the day before school resumes after that Christmas school vacation.

We are simply asking because he picks up his kids tomorrow to start Christmas break, and I SET UP ALL DR APPOINTMENTS for my husbands kiddos. And he has one tomorrow

Just Blue

We are simply asking because he picks up his kids tomorrow to start Christmas break, and I SET UP ALL DR APPOINTMENTS for my husbands kiddos. And he has one tomorrow
Are you sure X-mas break starts on Wed? Is the child in middle-school or high school? If so s/he may be getting out early for mid-terms.

ETA: I looked up some random school districts and apparently some school systems in Tx have very long X-mas breaks. Bottom line is that hubbys court order spells out clearly when his visitation begins...6p.m. . So unless mom says it's okay to get kiddo early he may not do so.

BTW: Don't set up appt's on Mom's time. :)

Last edited:

Maried

Are you sure X-mas break starts on Wed? Is the child in middle-school or high school? If so s/he may be getting out early for mid-terms.

ETA: I looked up some random school districts and apparently some school systems in Tx have very long X-mas breaks. Bottom line is that hubbys court order spells out clearly when his visitation begins...6p.m. . So unless mom says it's okay to get kiddo early he may not do so.

BTW: Don't set up appt's on Mom's time. :)
Parents,

CCMS will release students early tomorrow, Wednesday, Dec 19th. Classes will end at 1:00. Buses will transport students home beginning at 1:00. For parents who pick up their children after school, please plan on picking them up no later than 1:30.

Classes will resume for students on Wednesday, January 9th, 2019.

We hope you and your family have a restful and joyous holiday season.

OH AND TRUST ME ALL APPOINTMENTS ARE ON THE DAYS THAT IM OFF FROM WORK.

Maried

Parents,

CCMS will release students early tomorrow, Wednesday, Dec 19th. Classes will end at 1:00. Buses will transport students home beginning at 1:00. For parents who pick up their children after school, please plan on picking them up no later than 1:30.

That’s an email to us from their school, we are opt in

LdiJ

So, the orders are specific. He gets the child at 6PM on the day that the child is released from school. NOT at 1 PM.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Parents,

You are not Mom.

"Don't schedule appointments on Mom's time" refers to you hubby's ex's parenting time, not you. Legally, you don't have parenting time.

It's nice if you happen to be available and she welcomes you helping out.
It is not nice if she feels you are overstepping and you persist in pushing the issue.

Take a step back, take some deep breaths, and realize your legal limitations.

Just Blue

Parents,

Don't set up appts for the child that fall on the mothers time. Whether you are off from work is irrelevant to the parents custody orders.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

So HE is the possessory conservator? Or is that mom? You are contradicting yourself based upon the Texas companionship plan. AND you are NOT a party to it. You are not a legal party. You are a LEGAL stranger.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

That is the standard order. So he is the POSSESSORY conservator. And his ex is not? I am not buying that based upon his 1/3/5 weekend schedule.

Maried

You are not Mom.

"Don't schedule appointments on Mom's time" refers to you hubby's ex's parenting time, not you. Legally, you don't have parenting time.

It's nice if you happen to be available and she welcomes you helping out.
It is not nice if she feels you are overstepping and you persist in pushing the issue.

Take a step back, take some deep breaths, and realize your legal limitations.
Well I am authorized to make appointments as long as my husband adds me to any and all paperwork, so thank you for you opinion but obviously it doesn’t matter on the part of my making appointments on my husbands behalf!

Just Blue

Well I am authorized to make appointments as long as my husband adds me to any and all paperwork, so thank you for you opinion but obviously it doesn’t matter on the part of my making appointments on my husbands behalf!
Yeah...Just don't do it on Mom's time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">