• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Evil Stepmother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjaboi

Basically my son's stepmom has kept him locked in an unfinished basement for 6 years. Screams and curses at him incessantly. Calls him a goldfish because she thinks it's a cute way to call him an idiot. She won't let him have friends have friends over, or go outside. She constantly calls him a liar. She made him believe he didn't deserve clothes, food, ANYTHING! All while he watched he daughter get everything.
She's verbally, emotionally, and mentally abused him for years.
I want to know if I've got a chance of getting a restraining order against her since I am now the childs primary guardian.... And his dad let it happen.

Just Blue

Basically my son's stepmom has kept him locked in an unfinished basement for 6 years. Screams and curses at him incessantly. Calls him a goldfish because she thinks it's a cute way to call him an idiot. She won't let him have friends have friends over, or go outside. She constantly calls him a liar. She made him believe he didn't deserve clothes, food, ANYTHING! All while he watched he daughter get everything.
She's verbally, emotionally, and mentally abused him for years.
I want to know if I've got a chance of getting a restraining order against her since I am now the childs primary guardian.... And his dad let it happen.
Was there a police investigation? CPS investigation? And what state is this in?

Ninjaboi

I'm in Colorado.
There's been no formal investigation.
My son's father's mother (paternal g'ma) knows about what's been going on and she refuses contact with the daughters and cares greatly for my son.
They weren't getting my kids clothes do his gym teacher bought him a pair.

Ninjaboi

I have considered trying to get her assistance. I am going to have my son write a letter detailing the abuses. Also, I have thought to talk to people at his former school.
This woman had my son to the emotional point that other kids began "jokingly" calling him a school shooter.

Just Blue

I'm in Colorado.
There's been no formal investigation.
My son's father's mother (paternal g'ma) knows about what's been going on and she refuses contact with the daughters and cares greatly for my son.
They weren't getting my kids clothes do his gym teacher bought him a pair.
A child was imprisoned in a basement for SIX YEARS and there is no investigation? Was he literally not allowed out of the basement at all? No Doctor visits? No school? How old is this child?

Ninjaboi

He was only allowed school. He was allowed visits at my house.
He was not allowed to eat with his family or have any contact with other children.
He spent 12 to 16 hours a day in the basement.

Ninjaboi

When I got custody of him he did not have underwear that fit, his pants were all many inches too short, his shoes came from a school teacher. During winter he had no coat and began stealing them from the school's lost & found. His sister had 6 coats.

Just Blue

When I got custody of him he did not have underwear that fit, his pants were all many inches too short, his shoes came from a school teacher. During winter he had no coat and began stealing them from the school's lost & found. His sister had 6 coats.
How old is this child and is he in therapy?

PayrollHRGuy

So you have custody, so why is he only visiting you?

I will repeat "And you haven't reported this the child protective services, why?"

Ninjaboi

We are getting him into therapy. My wife and I have given him a safe and trusting space.
I don't know how to go about reporting this without his father getting in trouble.
I don't know how much his father really knew. I think he blindly listened to whatever lies his common law wife told him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">