• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Evil Stepmother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

I was never married to my son's father and to my knowledge he never directly abused his child.
He did treat our son poorly so that he could pamper his daughters.
So...what is it you want here? Advice on how to file a police complaint? Or a CPS complaint? Why did you join the forum?

Ninjaboi

Ninjaboi...We can only comment on the info you are providing. Thus far what you have stated is that you were living in the same home and were aware of the abuse and did nothing as you didn't want to lose your place there.
I understand that. But, I did what fighting that I could. It was never as bad when I was around. Keep in mind that the times in which I stayed there I was sick to the point of death and often bedridden for months at a time.

Just Blue

I understand that. But, I did what fighting that I could. It was never as bad when I was around. Keep in mind that the times in which I stayed there I was sick to the point of death and often bedridden for months at a time.
You were aware this child was being abused. You did nothing. Yes...I know you were quite ill but you still should have gotten your son away form that situation. One call to the police and they could have spared your child some of the abuse he suffered. You could have been placed in temporary hospice care.

Ninjaboi

I don't know where to start. My son is terrified of getting his dad in trouble.
We are having write in his words what happened. Taking him to therapy and a PCP.
I am just unsure of how to keep her away from my son with him losing his dad too.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Honestly, your matter, if true, is beyond the scope of this (or any) internet forum. Please continue with counseling and other professional intervention for your child. Best of luck to you all.

I don't believe this scenario is at all true, because any therapist, counselor, doctor, etc., would be a mandated reporter and would already have reported this to the appropriate authorities.

Just Blue

Thanks.
I came here for advice. You don't know me or what was going on at the time but, apparently you are worthy to pass judgement. Good job. Change your screen name to "God" or "Allah" or "Rama."
As OhioGal is an Attorney and GAL who deals with neglected and abused children every day...She is using the correct name. You, as a "mother" who ALLOWED her child to be abused for years for self-serving reasons might wish to show a little humility.

What exactly are you looking to do? Please answer that question.

Ninjaboi

You were aware this child was being abused. You did nothing. Yes...I know you were quite ill but you still should have gotten your son away form that situation. One call to the police and they could have spared your child some of the abuse he suffered. You could have been placed in temporary hospice care.
The police would have done nothing. It was made clear to me that everyone would litre on thier behalf, they would discredit me anyway possible and since the child had no marks I couldn't prove a thing.

Ninjaboi

You are very naive if you think that.
I was telling my therapist about
It for a while and they did nothing.
As OhioGal is an Attorney and GAL who deals with neglected and abused children every day...She is using the correct name. You, as a "mother" who ALLOWED her child to be abused for years for self-serving reasons might wish to show a little humility.

Just Blue

The police would have done nothing. It was made clear to me that everyone would litre on thier behalf, they would discredit me anyway possible and since the child had no marks I couldn't prove a thing.
Who "made this clear" to you?

Ninjaboi

Humility? F-that. You don't know Jack. There were no self serving purposes.
I thought this forum was to help people not judge them, attack them, and otherwise drag them down.
You are all just trying to make yourselves feel better about some sin you committed.
I will do whatever I have to to help my child now that I can walk again, and breathe, and my heart beats on its own, and my seizures have slowed enough that I can remember more than 10 minutes of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">