• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex moving switching schools

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
So it seems like I should just wait and bring her in on contempt quickly if she messes with the school or parenting time at all.
You know she is going to move so file to change custody based upon mom's move to keep the child in the current district. Why would you wait to file contempt if you know she is going to be move and instead chance her changing the child's school?

LdiJ

So it seems like I should just wait and bring her in on contempt quickly if she messes with the school or parenting time at all.
What you need to hope is that you make things clear enough to her that she will change her mind about buying a house outside of the school district, for your son's sake.

cryptic2010

What you need to hope is that you make things clear enough to her that she will change her mind about buying a house outside of the school district, for your son's sake.
Unfortunately she believes she has the final say in everything and that the court will go along with whatever she wants. Which has pretty much been true up to this point in reality :(. I really want to avoid court.

LdiJ

Unfortunately she believes she has the final say in everything and that the court will go along with whatever she wants. Which has pretty much been true up to this point in reality :(. I really want to avoid court.
I do not see how you can avoid court if she thinks that the judge will rule in her favor. Unless of course you are willing to just roll over and play dead. Hopefully that is not the case.

cryptic2010

I do not see how you can avoid court if she thinks that the judge will rule in her favor. Unless of course you are willing to just roll over and play dead. Hopefully that is not the case.
I'm definitely not going to roll over. I will always fight for continued access. I just have like PTSD from the family court they're so biased.

Just Blue

I'm definitely not going to roll over. I will always fight for continued access. I just have like PTSD from the family court they're so biased.
You are wrong. Probate Court is not "biased" against fathers. You are just not representing yourself well.

cryptic2010

You've got a 50/50 timeshare. How can you call the court biased?
Well she had a mental break down in front of my 17 year old at the time (2014). Was put in a 14 day lock up suicide program. A mandatory reporter called DCF on her for neglect. DCF placed the my 6 year old in my custody while she was under investigation for neglect and gave her only supervised visitation of the minor children with no overnights allowed. Then the judge over turned DCF placement of my 6 year old and placed my 6 year old in her custody giving me the standard mans visitation (every other weekend) in emergency temp orders. During our first hearing for divorce the judge said go into a conference room come to an agreement and we can get this done today. So I settled for nothing less that 50/50 Joint and Physical from my ex and she agreed, so the judge signed it. How can you tell me that the court is not biased?

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I had an attorney. She was pro se because she fired her attorney in the middle of the divorce. I agree with you that my attorney sucked.
Blue is from MA. Blue's post reflects the reality I've observed for my MA relatives. Maybe you are presenting yourself poorly.

OG is a family law atty. OG told you to file for change of custody based on change of circumstance being your ex's move.

LdiJ

Can I do that on only her statement that she's planning on moving? She said she has an accepted offer. Financing could always fall through.
She made an accepted offer or someone made an offer on her current home that she has accepted? In either case, that is her problem. Yes, you can file to modify custody based on what she has said.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Can I do that on only her statement that she's planning on moving? She said she has an accepted offer. Financing could always fall through.
Yes you should based upon the fact that she is willing to move and cut you out. Where did you get the other information that she wants you to have less time?

cryptic2010

Yes you should based upon the fact that she is willing to move and cut you out. Where did you get the other information that she wants you to have less time?
When I found out from our 19 year old that her Mother was planning on buying a house. I asked the Mother about it in an email. In that chain of emails she said basically that she would allow me to keep two of my overnights per week but wanted my Friday overnights. If I was willing to do the extra driving, that is.

cryptic2010

She made an accepted offer or someone made an offer on her current home that she has accepted? In either case, that is her problem. Yes, you can file to modify custody based on what she has said.
She's renting now. Se has made an offer, which has been accepted. That's what she has told me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">