• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex moving switching schools

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cryptic2010

Look, if you will just stand up and be a little more assertive about this she might back out of buying that house. You do not necessarily have to take her to court immediately, but you need to make it crystal clear to her that you will do everything in your power to keep your parenting time and to keep him in your school district.

If he remains in your school district then her whole reason for buying that particular house flies out the window.
I did that. Her answer was, well then a judge will need to decide it. She believes whatever she wants will happen.

HRZ

You need to stop listening to her version of what she wants ....and get some paid attorney in as your advocate of your views. She has a legal right to buy a home 500 miles away ....whether or not she can relocate the child and or change anyrhing as to your 50% or shift any costs or burdens to you is up for debate .

SHe has clearly announced her intention to change the status quo and taken clear steps to do so.

Nothing so far suggests this move benefits child ...but you risk losing if you fail to assertively defend or attack ...and how and when to do what is perhaps best in hands of skilled paid advocate . PErsonally I would not wait until Mom has moved child to a new school or has changed anything as to your 50%

cryptic2010

You need to stop listening to her version of what she wants ....and get some paid attorney in as your advocate of your views. She has a legal right to buy a home 500 miles away ....whether or not she can relocate the child and or change anyrhing as to your 50% or shift any costs or burdens to you is up for debate .

SHe has clearly announced her intention to change the status quo and taken clear steps to do so.

Nothing so far suggests this move benefits child ...but you risk losing if you fail to assertively defend or attack ...and how and when to do what is perhaps best in hands of skilled paid advocate . PErsonally I would not wait until Mom has moved child to a new school or has changed anything as to your 50%
I agree with your assessment. The problem is I spoke with 3 different attorney's and two of them said to wait and see. One said go to court now to establish his current school district as his school district. I will talk to that one again since he's was the only who saw this as a problem to be addressed now. I was just worried that all he wants is to get into the court room to make money.

HRZ

Your advocate is being paid to advance your point of view ...and there needs to be only one team leader ...and he or she deserves to be paid !

MY lay opinion, which does not count , is that it may be more cost effective to fire a big warning salvo over her bow than it is to recover from whatever happens if she does move child to new school and start playing by her rules .

She is entitled to move to a new home of her choice and ability to pay **************moving the child and disrupting your major weekly role it is all about ..and perhaps some issues as to,who might seek or less child support .

cryptic2010

Your advocate is being paid to advance your point of view ...and there needs to be only one team leader ...and he or she deserves to be paid !

MY lay opinion, which does not count , is that it may be more cost effective to fire a big warning salvo over her bow than it is to recover from whatever happens if she does move child to new school and start playing by her rules .

She is entitled to move to a new home of her choice and ability to pay **************moving the child and disrupting your major weekly role it is all about ..and perhaps some issues as to,who might seek or less child support .
Of course preserving my time with him and keeping him in the better school is the most important thing. I'm just torn on what the best way to achieve that is. I'm dealing with someone who cares more about her convince than what's in his best interest. In my opinion.

Just Blue

Of course preserving my time with him and keeping him in the better school is the most important thing. I'm just torn on what the best way to achieve that is. I'm dealing with someone who cares more about her convince than what's in his best interest. In my opinion.
For goodness sake!! You have been told what to do!! Get on it. Go to Worcester Probate Court and file to stop your child from moving.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">