• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex wants to file for Medicaid for daughter & Herself, BUT, daughter is covered by me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSO286

You realize, in my specific case you are wrong, all medical decisions including changes to insurance or doctors for our daughter are things that must be agreed to and discussed between both of us. I don't know if all custody orders say that, but i said in the first post, ours is VERY detailed and specific, i made sure nothing was missed.

I don't care what daughters mother does for her insurance, that is 100% her business, but our daughter is both of ours to raise.
One final thought: Medicaid coverage is NOT insurance.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Well that's good to know, that means don't acknowledge a case, then my information hasn't been included. But to be honest, i don't really know what information has to be included to get medicaid.

Daughters Mother is going today to the DSS office, maybe i'll go along so i can better figure this out. Should i bring a tin cup with some coins in it and 'dress down' so i better fit in, is 'hobo chic' a thing?
Are you always an offensive donkey or is today a special day? Your arrogance and stupidity are pathetic as is your insulting attitude. Why don't you just shut up and butt out? No really.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You realize, in my specific case you are wrong, all medical decisions including changes to insurance or doctors for our daughter are things that must be agreed to and discussed between both of us. I don't know if all custody orders say that, but i said in the first post, ours is VERY detailed and specific, i made sure nothing was missed.

I don't care what daughters mother does for her insurance, that is 100% her business, but our daughter is both of ours to raise.
You are wrong. You can't control changes to insurance or additions. NO one said anything about changing doctors. You however are an egotistical horse's behind.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Is there a child support order in place? I suspect there isn't. If there isn't, expect that one will be ordered. The child support that is then paid WILL be counted as monies going into mom's household and she may or may not qualify for Medicaid. It still is NOT your business but rather as a side note.

Is there a child support order in place? I suspect there isn't. If there isn't, expect that one will be ordered. The child support that is then paid WILL be counted as monies going into mom's household and she may or may not qualify for Medicaid. It still is NOT your business but rather as a side note.
There is no child support order in place. I'm still confused about how something that effects our mutual daughters medical care, my medical insurance through work(the deductibles and co-pays), my paying or not paying child support and a dozen other factors that are directly related to our mutual daughter and I is none of my business.....

What am i missing that makes this none of my business? The only reason i can think that even a small part of this isn't my business is that daughters mother will be getting insurance also....But i've already conceeded that that part IS none of my business

TinkerBelleLuvr

There is no child support order in place. I'm still confused about how something that effects our mutual daughters medical care, my medical insurance through work(the deductibles and co-pays), my paying or not paying child support and a dozen other factors that are directly related to our mutual daughter and I is none of my business.....

What am i missing that makes this none of my business? The only reason i can think that even a small part of this isn't my business is that daughters mother will be getting insurance also....But i've already conceeded that that part IS none of my business
Note my statement:
Is there a child support order in place? I suspect there isn't. If there isn't, expect that one will be ordered.
THAT will affect you. Court orders protect everyone. Once someone FILES for a child support order, I would pay the monies to the COURT, or hold until the court order is in place. Any monies given to the other parent CAN be considered a gift without a court order.

Now, there are folks, like me, who are stand up. My X used to pay child support in CASH. I didn't care how I got paid. And the courts got a full accounting of the CASH payments. Not everyone is stand up.

Note my statement:
THAT will affect you. Court orders protect everyone. Once someone FILES for a child support order, I would pay the monies to the COURT, or hold until the court order is in place. Any monies given to the other parent CAN be considered a gift without a court order.

Now, there are folks, like me, who are stand up. My X used to pay child support in CASH. I didn't care how I got paid. And the courts got a full accounting of the CASH payments. Not everyone is stand up.
I currently pay child support, although i guess it isn't 'technically' child support without an order, by check and write child support in the 'memo' section of the check and save copies of the signed copies....I know when we do eventually go to court for an actual order that these checks may not be counted, or could even count against me(I pay more then i 'think' will be ordered).....But, i'm a father, my job is to support my daughter....Child support isn't optional for me.

This is the reason i also feel so strongly about medical care and coverage, just because daughters mother and I couldn't make it work does not mean i shouldn't be there 110% for our daughter, as a father, supporting a child is MUCH MUCH more then just giving the mother checks, i provide medical coverage, take our daughter to all doctors appointments, help with Extra curricular(i just signed up to be a co-leader for the girl scouts) and call EVERY SINGLE DAY to see how her day went and ask if i can come over and help with her homework, i've also restricted job searches to areas that would allow me to live in the same school district as our daughter....Our daughter is NOT going to feel like her father is missing in ANY part of her life if i can help it! I can't think of ANYTHING more important to a childs life then their father!

Last edited:

LdiJ

I currently pay child support, although i guess it isn't 'technically' child support without an order, by check and write child support in the 'memo' section of the check and save copies of the signed copies....I know when we do eventually go to court for an actual order that these checks may not be counted, or could even count against me(I pay more then i 'think' will be ordered).....But, i'm a father, my job is to support my daughter....Child support isn't optional for me.

This is the reason i also feel so strongly about medical care and coverage, just because daughters mother and I couldn't make it work does not mean i shouldn't be there 110% for our daughter, as a father, supporting a child is MUCH MUCH more then just giving the mother checks, i provide medical coverage, take our daughter to all doctors appointments, help with Extra curricular(i just signed up to be a co-leader for the girl scouts) and call EVERY SINGLE DAY to see how her day went and ask if i can come over and help with her homework, i've also restricted job searches to areas that would allow me to live in the same school district as our daughter....Our daughter is NOT going to feel like her father is missing in ANY part of her life if i can help it! I can't think of ANYTHING more important to a childs life then their father!
I think that you mean that nothing is more important to a child than BOTH of their parents.

I think that you mean that nothing is more important to a child than BOTH of their parents.
Well, this thread is about my relationship with daughter....so no, thats not what i meant, but, if you feel we need to point out the obvious, yes both parents are equally important

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Well, this thread is about my relationship with daughter....so no, thats not what i meant, but, if you feel we need to point out the obvious, yes both parents are equally important
No, it's not. It's about you controlling your ex in any way you can. This is all about YOU, so don't even try to claim it's about your daughter :rolleyes:

And, since I'm already typing...good lawd man! Your spelling is atrocious. I seriously hope that your user ID is NOT representative of your line of work!

Did someone's feelings get hurt by TheGeekess' response? :rolleyes:
They were off topic and posted just to incite a fight and cause a conflict....Posts like those don't belong on a forum that praises 'legal advice'

I believe the same about your post, but have decided not to report it so i can explain why hers were removed

No, it's not. It's about you controlling your ex in any way you can. This is all about YOU, so don't even try to claim it's about your daughter
Yes, my posting a thread asking how our DAUGHTERS Medical insurance will be effected by her mother attempting to put her on medicaid.....Yup, that's all about me :sarcasm: :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">