• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FERPA Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhmachura

Please take the very clearly written letter to an attorney to assist you. I spent much time dealing with schools regarding my very gifted children...Never have I been denied access to their records when I went there in person. It's kinda a fly/honey thingy perhaps.

BTW...My 15 year old is attending University next year. :)
Because it is a nice avatar, perhaps?

The apology for your rudeness is accepted and your rude posts deleted.
As an attorney, do you honestly believe you serve the law if you are referring to an avatar as opposed to answering a question from a litigant who does not have the benefit of counsel. You are are mockery of the law, underestimate the knowledge of the individual to the case which is sad. Although I admire the ability of an attorney to arrive at a clever solution to overturn a previous opinion, that does not render you God like nor of superior intellectt.

quincy

Your question was answered as completely as it could be by the members of this forum. I am not exactly sure what your complaint is.

Please find an attorney in your area who can personally review the matter. It appears you are not getting what you want from this forum.

Good luck.

Just Blue

WTH? When did I EVER say I was an attorney? I am NOT! Nor did I say I was of "superior intellect" or God-like. You, My Dear, need to read the TOS. (Term of Service) of this site. There was one attorney that did post to your thread and you were rude to her, as you were to every VOLUNTEER that took their time to TRY to help you.

Stop being your own worse enemy.

Best of luck to your child...I hope she can find the love of learning again.

dhmachura

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. This forum has proven to be amusing -- for lack of a better term and I thank you for your honesty.

dhmachura

Much is lost in translation and I thank you for your response and input. Take care and enjoy life. My quest is to garner knowledge in this arena. Thanks again.

quincy

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. This forum has proven to be amusing -- for lack of a better term and I thank you for your honesty.
You're welcome. I am happy we were able to amuse you and, in the process, provide other readers with accurate legal information.

Good luck.

quincy

dhmachura, if you are going to quote my posts, please include the entire post and do not edit the contents.

Thank you.

dhmachura

As
I admire the ability to work within the legal field, however, it is my humble belief that statute is open to interpretation, being that is based upon principles that are over 200 years old. My frustration truly lies within the fact that a pro se litigant is at a disadvantage when addressing their respective legal issues. I apologize for disparaging your profession however I truly question whether the process is rote, i.e., DUI attorneys, family law attorneys, workers' comp attorneys.

You have a difficult job in that you represent an individual who seeks justice. Do not laugh, but I am a former paralegal so I have enough education to be somewhat dangerous. My issue lies within the actual legal system, the process, the disparagement of pro se litigants who cannot afford legal counsel and frankly, the interpretation of laws that no longer apply in modern society.

I thank you for reading this and apologize for my disrespect of what you do. However, I have received many responses, so I hit a nerve. Best of luck to you. Take care, XXX

Last edited by a moderator:

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
All I want to know is whether I might file suit against the school district or whether it is an effort in futility. Thoughts?
Perhaps I wasn’t clear enough about that in my earlier reply. You have not stated specific harm for which the law will compensate you. Without suffering legally recognized damages that you can quantify with reasonable certainty you cannot win any money. It would be a waste of your time and money to pursue it. Perhaps there is more to this than you have stated here, but so far I'm just not seeing anything for you to pursue. Meet with some local civil litigation attorneys and show them everything that is relevant to this and see if you have something worthwhile to go after. DPS is not the cause of the daughter's low grades, so your focus on going after DPS here is, I think, misplaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">